Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 14 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: 9/9/14 Cardinals of St. Louis, Missouri vs the Reds Baseball Club of Cincinnati

9/9/14 Cardinals of St. Louis, Missouri vs the Reds Baseball Club of Cincinnati

#Reds lineup vs. Cardinals (7:10 p.m. start):
    Hamilton CF
    Pena 1B
    Frazier 3B
    Mesoraco C
    Phillips 2B
    Ludwick LF
    Heisey RF
    Cozart SS
    Leake P

vs
    Michael Wacha, RHP
    5-5, 2.80 ERA
    Wacha made his first start since June 17 and threw 50 pitches over three innings against the Brewers. Wacha should be cleared to push to 65-70 pitches his next time out. His curveball was especially sharp in his return.
    http://mlb.mlb.com/mlb/gameday/index...lnmlb_cinmlb_1

Weather could prove interesting:
    Last edited by klw; 09-09-2014 at 02:48 PM.
    “The guys we've had for the most part have been serviceable at this level.”

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: 9/9/14 Cardinals of St. Louis, Missouri vs the Reds Baseball Club of Cincinnati

Every day I look for Yorman Rodriguez's name, and every day I am disappointed.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

4. Likes:

Tuff Nut (09-09-2014)

Re: 9/9/14 Cardinals of St. Louis, Missouri vs the Reds Baseball Club of Cincinnati

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    Every day I look for Yorman Rodriguez's name, and every day I am disappointed.
    I am assuming he's been sent back to Louisville for the winter along with Lutz?
    Reds Fan Since 1971

6. Likes:

Red Raindog (09-09-2014)

9/9/14 Cardinals of St. Louis, Missouri vs the Reds Baseball Club of Cincinnati

Quote Originally Posted by cumberlandreds View Post
    I am assuming he's been sent back to Louisville for the winter along with Lutz?
    Believe Lutz is still around and doing some PR for the club.
    https://twitter.com/reds/status/509385996681490432
    2023 Reds record attending: 13-18 FINAL
    2023 Dragons record attending: 0-0 FINAL
    2023 Y'Alls record attending: 0-0 FINAL
    "We want to be the band to dance to when the bomb drops." - Simon Le Bon of Duran Duran

Leake has no chance tonight the the brutal schedule of his last eight starts getting to he can't get out the Cardinals left is and won't be able to get out Holliday or Molina so it's going be a long night again

Did we just become BFF's dubc47834's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ironman92 View Post
    Leake has no chance tonight the the brutal schedule of his last eight starts getting to he can't get out the Cardinals left is and won't be able to get out Holliday or Molina so it's going be a long night again
    I see what you did there!

- - - Updated - - -

Wacha Wacha Wacha

Rocco!

“I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

Runs! In the first inning! I'm going to count this game as a win no matter how it turns out.

12. Likes:

KittyDuran (09-09-2014),texasdave (09-09-2014)

Me- So-Raking!!!

14. Likes:

KittyDuran (09-09-2014),Tom Servo (09-09-2014)

The two hitters who reached base saw more than 5 pitches, each. The three hitters who got out saw 4 pitches total.

16. Likes:

Ironman92 (09-09-2014)

Nice start.

Wacca having control problems--walks Hamilton and what do Pena (what's he doing batting second anyway?) and Frazier go up hacking for two outs on maybe three pitches. Mesorocco homers while seeing 7 pitches on a 3-2 count. Phillips lines out on the first pitch. No plate discipline at all, but that's not new.
    www.ris-news.com
    "You only have to bat a thousand in two things; flying and heart transplants. Everything else you can go 4-for-5."
    -Beano Cook

Swinging away still, fortunately about 4 of the guys had good AB thru the first 2.

2nd time thru will be tough/brutal on Leake. Cards will get him for a bomb or 2

Pena walks ....Frazier swings early but finds the 5.5 hole

Meso looking for a fastball this AB

Me-so-not-so-much-raking-that-time-around.

Turn Off Ads?