Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Tuesday 9.16.14 Reds @ Cubs Game 2

Re: Tuesday 9.16.14 Reds @ Cubs Game 2

Out

2. Turn Off Ads?

Tired of the bunt talk

Billy has some work to do on the steals.

Still think the Reds overused him this year, but hopefully he'll learn from it and get better.

I would have sacrificed there instead of the steal. Normally I don't like the sac, but with this offense I bunt.

Thom way too busy talking about bunting to realize that Frazier clearly fouled off a ball and didn't strike out.

But now he strikes out.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

6. Likes:

Ironman92 (09-16-2014)

Quote Originally Posted by Kc61 View Post
    Billy has some work to do on the steals.

Still think the Reds overused him this year, but hopefully he'll learn from it and get better.

I would have sacrificed there instead of the steal. Normally I don't like the sac, but with this offense I bunt.
    In his nearly 80 attempts I swear 77 have been on easy catch and throw fastballs. Run on 0-1, 0-2, 1-2 counts

Quote Originally Posted by Ironman92 View Post
    In his nearly 80 attempts I swear 77 have been on easy catch and throw fastballs. Run on 0-1, 0-2, 1-2 counts
    Doesn't get a great jump and his timing seems predictable. Most of the year he always ran on the first pitch. He's varying it a bit now.

Billy is young, have to give him time. As I said, don't really like that Price used him so, so much. Has seen a bit worn out the second half.

Quote Originally Posted by Ironman92 View Post
    Out
    The problem is the consistency in those calls. Many precious calls that were even clear than that one, were not overturned, doe to lack of "clear and convincing" evidence. They could have called him safe, and there would be zero outrage.
    Hoping to change my username to 75769023

Quote Originally Posted by Kc61 View Post
    Doesn't get a great jump and his timing seems predictable. Most of the year he always ran on the first pitch. He's varying it a bit now.

Billy is young, have to give him time. As I said, don't really like that Price used him so, so much. Has seen a bit worn out the second half.
    Yeah, but I'm 40, not fast and haven't played organized baseball since age 18 as a freshman in college and I know with the fastest guy in baseball on first that a fastball is coming on nearly every 0-0, 1-0, 2-0, 2-1, 3-1 and more 1-1, 2-2 and 3-2 counts because Billy is on first.....run on the other counts more!

Quote Originally Posted by 757690 View Post
    The problem is the consistency in those calls. Many precious calls that were even clear than that one, were not overturned, doe to lack of "clear and convincing" evidence. They could have called him safe, and there would be zero outrage.
    I get you and agree...just want the right call in the end and I believe that happened.

12. Likes:

757690 (09-16-2014)

Quote Originally Posted by 757690 View Post
    Replay has improved the game. Nothing is perfect. The take away on that play is that Hamilton is not very good at using his great speed to steal bases, as yet.

I don't see any huge inconsistency. You can easily see how that call would be overturned.

Is this the night the reds get no hitted?
    there's nothing like bowling a 300 game! 13 now and retired.

Ricky henderson has a higher OBP than C. patterson and he's retired. C. Trent 6-14-2008

I know the Reds' season is over, but come on, this is a boring team.

Quote Originally Posted by texasdave View Post
    But the games end more quickly and when they do score it's a wow moment.

Quote Originally Posted by toledodan View Post
    Is this the night the reds get no hitted?
    Quote Originally Posted by texasdave View Post
    We got this!

18. Likes:

toledodan (09-16-2014)

I see the problem now. According to ESPN Gamecast, the Reds only got two outs in the fourth.

Turn Off Ads?