Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 9.17.14 Reds @ Cubs Youg'uns!

Re: 9.17.14 Reds @ Cubs Youg'uns!

Chris "Thunderstruck" Valaika ties the game at one apiece with a single, bringing home Soler. A double unties it. =(

2. Turn Off Ads?

I'm going to say this and you can respond any way you want, but with the Reds being only 2.5 games out of the basement of the division, you'd think you might play most of your regulars. You'd think. Instead, Price sends out a minor league lineup--a BS lineup, virtually assuring that the Cubs win and get to 1.5 games behind us with our tough schedule coming. Complete lack of judgment. Totally insane.
    www.ris-news.com
    "You only have to bat a thousand in two things; flying and heart transplants. Everything else you can go 4-for-5."
    -Beano Cook

Quote Originally Posted by WVRedsFan View Post
    I'm going to say this and you can respond any way you want, but with the Reds being only 2.5 games out of the basement of the division, you'd think you might play most of your regulars. You'd think. Instead, Price sends out a minor league lineup--a BS lineup, virtually assuring that the Cubs win and get to 1.5 games behind us with our tough schedule coming. Complete lack of judgment. Totally insane.
    The Reds are actually 3.5 games ahead of the Cubs and the regulars (Mesoraco excepted) played yesterday and were able to manage all of one showboated double when they were already down 6 or 7 runs,

Now if you want to call something insane, I am happy to agree that having your #2 hitter sacrifice bunt on the 3rd pitch of the game is a bit crazy.
    Last edited by klw; 09-17-2014 at 08:54 PM.
    “The guys we've had for the most part have been serviceable at this level.”

5. Likes:

Chip R (09-17-2014),KittyDuran (09-17-2014),Red Raindog (09-17-2014),texasdave (09-17-2014)

Corcino showed up the ump a bit....he missed it but still a 1-2 count

1) It's a lost season for the Reds, if they aren't going to the playoffs, I don't care whether they finish second or fifth.

2) Price said all along that the call-ups would likely play against the teams that aren't competing for a playoff birth. These are the games that all managers play September call-ups, while using the "A team" against teams that have something to play for. Integrity of the game and whatnot.

3) I don't mean this to sound bad, because I have nothing against you at all, and I know you are a huge Reds fan, but I think sometimes that you would complain about a World Series parade. Sadly, it's been awhile since you've got to see the Reds have one.

Quote Originally Posted by klw View Post
    The Reds are actually 3.5 games ahead of the Cubs and the regulars (Mesoraco excepted) played yesterday and were able to manage all of one showboated double when they were already down 6 or 7 runs,
    You can't argue that the "regulars" could certainly give the Reds a chance. This is just surrendering. The pitcher last night was on and you can't help that, but I find it unacceptable to give away games to see not ready for prime time players--and it's pretty obvious they are not ready--who are grossly overmatched. Many say it will give us an advantage in the draft, but finish last?
    www.ris-news.com
    "You only have to bat a thousand in two things; flying and heart transplants. Everything else you can go 4-for-5."
    -Beano Cook

Quote Originally Posted by PepperJack View Post
    1) It's a lost season for the Reds, if they aren't going to the playoffs, I don't care whether they finish second or fifth.

2) Price said all along that the call-ups would likely play against the teams that aren't competing for a playoff birth. These are the games that all managers play September call-ups, while using the "A team" against teams that have something to play for. Integrity of the game and whatnot.

3) I don't mean this to sound bad, because I have nothing against you at all, and I know you are a huge Reds fan, but I think sometimes that you would complain about a World Series parade. Sadly, it's been awhile since you've got to see the Reds have one.
    I don't have a problem playing the kids, but not at almost every position. It just drives me nuts.
    www.ris-news.com
    -Beano Cook

The Big Dead Machine rolls on. In 21 innings against the last-place Cubbies, the machine has ground out four singles and two doubles.

You can't argue that the "regulars" could certainly give the Reds a chance. This is just surrendering. The pitcher last night was on and you can't help that, but I find it unacceptable to give away games to see not ready for prime time players--and it's pretty obvious they are not ready--who are grossly overmatched. Many say it will give us an advantage in the draft, but finish last?

This lineup has produced at levels the A squad can only dream of recently.

If Mesoraco hadn't heated back up a bit this offense would look several times worse.

Plus, Ludwick is in the game instead of Heisey, that makes you a little happy, right?

12. Likes:

Chip R (09-17-2014)

B Team: 1 Run. A Team: 0 Runs. Advantage, B Team.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

Quote Originally Posted by PepperJack View Post
    This lineup has produced at levels the A squad can only dream of recently.

If Mesoraco hadn't heated back up a bit this offense would look several times worse.

Plus, Ludwick is in the game instead of Heisey, that makes you a little happy, right?

I'm not mad, but I won't lie and have to tell you that Bryan Price is No. 1 on my hit list. Sorry, but I don't feel the love for him.

Now, I'm going to drink my beer and upgrade my phone.
    www.ris-news.com
    -Beano Cook

15. Likes:

PepperJack (09-17-2014)

Quote Originally Posted by Chip R View Post
    B Team: 1 Run. A Team: 0 Runs. Advantage, B Team.
    There are no A and B Teams. More like C and D teams.

Kinda want to see Soler hit one of those Glenallen Hill home runs.

I will agree with you that the way the call-ups have been used does not make sense. They should be played a couple at a time to ease some of the pressure on them. Throwing them all into one game and then not using any of them again for a few days does not make sense at all. May as well make them wear the hazing outfits while they are at it.
    “The guys we've had for the most part have been serviceable at this level.”

Quote Originally Posted by klw View Post
    I will agree with you that the way the call-ups have been used does not make sense. They should be played a couple at a time to ease some of the pressure on them. Throwing them all into one game and then not using any of them again for a few days does not make sense at all. May as well make them wear the hazing outfits while they are at it.
    They did. The pictures were hilarious, especially Jumbo and Hamilton.
    www.ris-news.com
    -Beano Cook

Turn Off Ads?