Turn Off Ads?
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: 9.19.14 Reds @ Cardinals

Re: 9.19.14 Reds @ Cardinals

I see that I missed another offensive explosion.

2. Turn Off Ads?

I just get tired of the same old "fire the manager" shtick.
    I made the post, and it's the first time I've criticized an in-game move by Price all year.

"The matchups with Jay weren't great. But he's certainly one of our guys. He's been scuffling but he's one of our guys," Price said.

What does this mean, "one of our guys"?

Pinch hitters are imported from Latvia?

5. Likes:

757690 (09-20-2014),texasdave (09-20-2014)

malingered here too long malcontent's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by lollipopcurve View Post
    "The matchups with Jay weren't great. But he's certainly one of our guys. He's been scuffling but he's one of our guys," Price said.

What does this mean, "one of our guys"?

Pinch hitters are imported from Latvia?
    Everything is perfect, but there is a lot of room for improvement. --- Shunryu Suzuki-roshi

Quote Originally Posted by 757690 View Post
    Cards likely win this game, but they are going to have a hard time advancing in the playoffs with Rosenthal as their closer.
    I think averaging 2 runs or less per game is higher on the list of concerns for the playoffs than Rosenthal. This feels like a one and done year for the Cardinals.
    I don't like to sound egotistical, but every time I stepped up to the plate with a bat in my hands, I couldn't help but feel sorry for the pitcher.
    -Rogers Hornsby

The one thing I took from last night's game?

Holmberg might not be the bum I thought he was going to be. He looked very bad early this season, he then looked very bad his first couple of chances with the Reds. He has been really good though his last three times out.

9. Likes:

Tom Servo (09-20-2014)

Holmberg might not be the bum I thought he was going to be. He looked very bad early this season, he then looked very bad his first couple of chances with the Reds. He has been really good though his last three times out.
    Agreed. The last couple starts we've seen from him and Corcino have been encouraging. If both are viable BOR rotation candidates -- and it's looking like that could be the case -- SP depth going into 2015 is suddenly not the potential disaster it was looking it might be if Bailey, Latos and Cingrani were to have lingering health issues.

Quote Originally Posted by lollipopcurve View Post
    Agreed. The last couple starts we've seen from him and Corcino have been encouraging. If both are viable BOR rotation candidates -- and it's looking like that could be the case -- SP depth going into 2015 is suddenly not the potential disaster it was looking it might be if Bailey, Latos and Cingrani were to have lingering health issues.
    Yep, those two looking like they could be useful major leaguers has been a real big positive down the stretch.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    I'm not defending it, I just get tired of the same old "fire the manager" shtick. You were doing it with Dusty too.
    Well his handle is "malcontent" so we should all have notice. It is not as if he is going by the name "Pollyanna"
    “The guys we've had for the most part have been serviceable at this level.”

Quote Originally Posted by texasdave View Post
    I see that I missed another offensive explosion.
    Joel Luckhaupt ‏@jluckhaupt 6h
    Last time #Reds scored 4 or fewer runs over 5 games was August, 1993. Last time they scored 12 or fewer over 8 games was Sept, 1982.
    “The guys we've had for the most part have been serviceable at this level.”

Turn Off Ads?