Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Malware?

Malware?

This site has some malware on it, and it is affecting me. It only happens on one of my PC's and is best described in this link

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/6547817

Now, I don't have a Mac but the experience is the same in Chrome.

The gist is every time I open the site I get this popup that essentially disables my browser and I have to crash it to go on.
    Attachment 7941

In my task manager I see this loaded whenever I open RZ

Attachment 7942

Once I delete it it goes away.

I don't have this experience at work since we have adblockers, wondering if anyone else has run across it?

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Malware?

I get nothing like that from this site. Nothing unusual in task manager.

I use Firefox+Noscript but I also tried in bare Chrome and didn't get anything. I'm using Windows.

Quote Originally Posted by Stray View Post
    I get nothing like that from this site. Nothing unusual in task manager.

I use Firefox+Noscript but I also tried in bare Chrome and didn't get anything. I'm using Windows.
    I don't believe that it's coming from this site, but I believe that something on this site is triggering the item on my machine.

I've wiped it prior but it keeps returning, and always triggered by a visit in this site.

I'll need to test it with FF and IE

The igfxsrvc service has nothing to do with the site:

http://www.neuber.com/taskmanager/pr...xsrvc.exe.html

No one else has reported this issue, so I'm not ready to escalate it to our host. I requested they run a malware scan of our site not too long ago, and it was clean. If anyone else is having this issue (or any other), please let me know.

Quote Originally Posted by Boss-Hog View Post
    The igfxsrvc service has nothing to do with the site:

http://www.neuber.com/taskmanager/pr...xsrvc.exe.html

No one else has reported this issue, so I'm not ready to escalate it to our host. I requested they run a malware scan of our site not too long ago, and it was clean. If anyone else is having this issue (or any other), please let me know.
    Thanks, I'll see if I can find it on my machine.

It's pretty harmless but annoying.

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post
    This site has some malware on it, and it is affecting me. It only happens on one of my PC's and is best described in this link

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/6547817

Now, I don't have a Mac but the experience is the same in Chrome.

The gist is every time I open the site I get this popup that essentially disables my browser and I have to crash it to go on.
    Attachment 7941

In my task manager I see this loaded whenever I open RZ

Attachment 7942

Once I delete it it goes away.

I don't have this experience at work since we have adblockers, wondering if anyone else has run across it?
    Westofyou,

I've received pretty much the same thing many times (50+ easy) in the last few months (not necessarily while I was on this site). Sometimes a person calls me immediately after, saying they are from Microsoft (In an obvious Indian accent) and they want to help me with my computer issues. Once they addressed me by my correct last name! I tell them they can't be from Microsoft and DO NOT ever call again.
    I run Malwarebytes and SpyBot, and it helps, at least for a while. I use Firefox and Chrome and it happens on both.

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Falcon7 View Post
    Westofyou,

I've received pretty much the same thing many times (50+ easy) in the last few months (not necessarily while I was on this site). Sometimes a person calls me immediately after, saying they are from Microsoft (In an obvious Indian accent) and they want to help me with my computer issues. Once they addressed me by my correct last name! I tell them they can't be from Microsoft and DO NOT ever call again.
    I run Malwarebytes and SpyBot, and it helps, at least for a while. I use Firefox and Chrome and it happens on both.
    This is when it's time to just format and start over....

FYI: Received this while on RedsZone, but I had other tabs open and who knows where this pop-up came from or is it a virus. I did receive a call from India right after this popped up, she said she was from Microsoft, yea, right... This was Aug 6.

Last edited by Falcon7; 09-26-2014 at 11:44 AM.

I have been getting similar messages as well.

I've been getting a pop up that takes me to the App Store on iPhone for a slot machine app.

Only happens on RZ

Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I've been getting a pop up that takes me to the App Store on iPhone for a slot machine app.

Only happens on RZ
    I've been getting sent to a magazine site, only on RZ

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post
    I've been getting sent to a magazine site, only on RZ
    It's a google adsense problem. They have been "working on it" for over a week now. It's a widespread problem around the internet. Boss, I went into adsense and disabled third party ads on my site and have not seen the problem in a few days, so you may want to look into that. The general issues are forwarding to itunes/google play store for games and to generic magazine sites for weight loss type stuff from all that I've read.

14. Likes:

Boss-Hog (01-13-2015),Gallen5862 (02-18-2015),Raisor (01-13-2015),westofyou (01-13-2015)

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    It's a google adsense problem. They have been "working on it" for over a week now. It's a widespread problem around the internet. Boss, I went into adsense and disabled third party ads on my site and have not seen the problem in a few days, so you may want to look into that. The general issues are forwarding to itunes/google play store for games and to generic magazine sites for weight loss type stuff from all that I've read.
    Sounds about right, been happening for a week or so.

Yep that's it

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    Thanks a ton - I've temporarily disabled third party ads. Please let me know if/when you hear the problem is resolved.

Turn Off Ads?