Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 9/26/14 - Reds vs. Pirates

Re: 9/26/14 - Reds vs. Pirates

Kinda funny. All of the IF conferring with Villareal except BP who is yakking it up with McCutcheon.

Hey Brandon. Help out a little.
    She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

2. Turn Off Ads?

Bruce has been horrible this year, but I resent Mr. "I'm going to play the starters against contending teams" putting a AAA pitcher in this game. Typical poor judgment we've seen all year. Just unacceptable to me. And for those who would defend him, live with this for the next two years.
    www.ris-news.com
    "You only have to bat a thousand in two things; flying and heart transplants. Everything else you can go 4-for-5."
    -Beano Cook

Quote Originally Posted by WVRedsFan View Post
    And for those who would defend him, live with this for the next two years.
    Ok.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

5. Likes:

PepperJack (09-26-2014)

Bruce has been horrible this year, but I resent Mr. "I'm going to play the starters against contending teams" putting a AAA pitcher in this game. Typical poor judgment we've seen all year. Just unacceptable to me. And for those who would defend him, live with this for the next two years.
    It occurred to me as well. But they really have no bullpen left.

Chapman was stiff yesterday. Parra and Ondrusek are apparently injured, according to an article recently. Lecure has pitched quite a bit lately. Hoover was warming, maybe he was slated for the ninth inning. Brox gone.

Probably I'm missing someone, but I think these AAA guys are mainstays right now.

Injuries may have to do with his bullpen use.
    http://marksheldon.mlblogs.com/2014/...-little-stiff/
    “He was a little stiff; he had a hard time getting loose, which isn’t unusual,” manager Bryan Price said. “I think if you wanted to go through the clubhouse right now and ask anybody if they feel real good when they go out there, if they were honest, they’d probably say, ‘No, not real good.’ But I think we’re right there; we’re right there towards the finish line. And I think we’re just trying to survive and make it all the way. And you’ve noticed, there’s guys that haven’t pitched in a week; there’s a reason for that, it’s not just personal.

Among those who haven’t been used lately — Manny Parra last pitched on Sept. 17 and Logan Ondrusek’s last appearance was Sept. 14.
    “The guys we've had for the most part have been serviceable at this level.”

Yeah, the pen is a little thin these days. Plus I thought it was one of those try out things.

Villareal epitomizes the lost generation of the Red's organization. I guess asking these guys to end things on a bit of a happy note was asking for too much.

Quote Originally Posted by Mutaman View Post
    Villareal epitomizes the lost generation of the Red's organization. I guess asking these guys to end things on a bit of a happy note was asking for too much.
    Somebody posted that the big missing piece on the Reds this year was help from the minor leagues.

Some of the younger prospects may be good, we'll see, but other than Hamilton and Cingrani the last couple of years has been very thin.

Just saw the Bruce play. http://m.mlb.com/video/v36621415/pit...game_pk=382935. How is that a double? Just because he completely messed up so badly that he didn't touch it should not make it a hit. Poor Pedro's ERA should file a protest!
    “The guys we've had for the most part have been serviceable at this level.”

Quote Originally Posted by Kc61 View Post
    Somebody posted that the big missing piece on the Reds this year was help from the minor leagues.

Some of the younger prospects may be good, we'll see, but other than Hamilton and Cingrani the last couple of years has been very thin.
    I wish someone who knows something about this organization would tell us who is accountable. Scouts? Who? You could see this the last few years in spring training where the second line guys simply were not competitive.

Quote Originally Posted by klw View Post
    Just saw the Bruce play. http://m.mlb.com/video/v36621415/pit...game_pk=382935. How is that a double? Just because he completely messed up so badly that he didn't touch it should not make it a hit. Poor Pedro's ERA should file a protest!
    looked like Poor Pedro put that right down the pipe with nothing on it so nuts to him.

One thing I like about Cozart this year was that he never let his offensive woes affect his defense. Can't say the same for Jay.

14. Likes:

Red Raindog (09-26-2014)

Bruce makes a couple nice catches on slicing liners to his left. But the damage was done last inning.

Bruce diving, sliding in the outfield. Ran hard to score from second yesterday. Maybe the knee is beginning to get back to normal.

Reds with 11 hits in 8 innings. Hard not to score more than 1 with that many hits, but the Reds figure a way.

Bourgeois out by 4 inches. Ballgame.

At least not a one run loss.

Turn Off Ads?