Turn Off Ads?
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Saturday 9.27.14- Pirates @ Reds

Re: Saturday 9.27.14- Pirates @ Reds

A walk-off grand slam by Ramon? What are the odds?

Great win!

2. Turn Off Ads?

Rob Biertempfel ‏@BiertempfelTrib 7m
    #Reds Pryce said RHP Simon has calf strain and could do little more than throw the ball -- no covering first base, no fielding.

The Reds snapped a club-record streak of 45 consecutive losses when they allowed at least six runs in a game. Their bullpen got its first win since the All-Star break -- Reds relievers are 1-17 over that span.

The Reds are 24-42 since the All-Star break. They'll at least tie the club record for fewest wins since the All-Star Game. The 1933 team won 25 for the previous mark.

ESPN

I can't believe that walkoff. Wonderful, but it's a wonder we win when the Pirates lineup had OBP's of .349, .339, .410, .341, .357, .345, .308, and .326 while the Reds were .320, .306, .337. .360, .268, .308, .276, .343. This team cannot hit or walk. Thanks to Liriano they did today, but only on 9 hits. Gotta get Johnny that 20th tomorrow. I'm anxious to see who he plays in the lineup. No saving players now. Time to put your best hitters in and that includes Santiago, Mesorocco, and Frazier all in at the same time. Odds are we will won't see that.
    www.ris-news.com
    "You only have to bat a thousand in two things; flying and heart transplants. Everything else you can go 4-for-5."
    -Beano Cook

Quote Originally Posted by WVRedsFan View Post
    I can't believe that walkoff. Wonderful, but it's a wonder we win when the Pirates lineup had OBP's of .349, .339, .410, .341, .357, .345, .308, and .326 while the Reds were .320, .306, .337. .360, .268, .308, .276, .343. This team cannot hit or walk. Thanks to Liriano they did today, but only on 9 hits. Gotta get Johnny that 20th tomorrow. I'm anxious to see who he plays in the lineup. No saving players now. Time to put your best hitters in and that includes Santiago, Mesorocco, and Frazier all in at the same time. Odds are we will won't see that.

I imagine Frazier is playing for sure tomorrow, and Price said he wanted Mesoraco to catch Cueto on Sunday, as long as his pulled rib muscle came out of today okay.

I don't know whether Santiago will play or not, he may have used up all his lucky dust today though.

Well Pena is hurt and is supposedly only available as a PH. Article today already said Mesoraco is catching tomorrow.
    “The guys we've had for the most part have been serviceable at this level.”

Quote Originally Posted by klw View Post
    Well Pena is hurt and is supposedly only available as a PH. Article today already said Mesoraco is catching tomorrow.
    Yep, Price just wanted to make sure that Mesoraco came out of today okay.

I guess if he didn't, it would have been Barnhart again.

Quote Originally Posted by klw View Post
    That's the good news I was wanting to hear. I'll be honest and tell everyone that I pretty much quit following the Reds after that disastrous double header against I think SD (?). It was too frustrating to watch every inning and follow the news, I did watch parts of games and when i got frustrated, I'd do something else. As a life-long fan, that's a tough thing to do, but this season was simply horrible and the fact that no changes were made when it woefully obvious to every baseball fan that something needed to be done with such a dysfunctional offense. I feel for the starting pitchers who gave all in compiling sterling ERA's and got no wins. It's hard to believe that Johnny Cueto has nine losses.

In Johnny's nine losses, there were 3 losses by 1 run, and the Reds averaged scoring 1.4 runs for him. Johnny averaged giving up 2.9. When Johnny pitched, the Reds were shutout six times. Good pitching wasted just because you don't make moves at the front office and field level. I imagine the other starters have similar tales to tell. Short, left, and right need to be evaluated offensively. Let's see if they do.
    www.ris-news.com
    "You only have to bat a thousand in two things; flying and heart transplants. Everything else you can go 4-for-5."
    -Beano Cook

Quote Originally Posted by WVRedsFan View Post
    That's the good news I was wanting to hear. I'll be honest and tell everyone that I pretty much quit following the Reds after that disastrous double header against I think SD (?). It was too frustrating to watch every inning and follow the news, I did watch parts of games and when i got frustrated, I'd do something else. As a life-long fan, that's a tough thing to do, but this season was simply horrible and the fact that no changes were made when it woefully obvious to every baseball fan that something needed to be done with such a dysfunctional offense. I feel for the starting pitchers who gave all in compiling sterling ERA's and got no wins. It's hard to believe that Johnny Cueto has nine losses.

In Johnny's nine losses, there were 3 losses by 1 run, and the Reds averaged scoring 1.4 runs for him. Johnny averaged giving up 2.9. When Johnny pitched, the Reds were shutout six times. Good pitching wasted just because you don't make moves at the front office and field level. I imagine the other starters have similar tales to tell. Short, left, and right need to be evaluated offensively. Let's see if they do.

That nightmare doubleheader was against Colorado, and I think that's when I knew the season was over too.

11. Likes:

Tom Servo (09-27-2014)

Turn Off Ads?