Turn Off Ads?
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011

Thread: 9/28/2014-Pirates-At-Reds-Cueto Goes For 20

Re: 9/28/2014-Pirates-At-Reds-Cueto Goes For 20

So I just read that Cueto plunked McCutcheon during the Pirates fans chanting at him?

We've got to do right by this group of Reds and bring'm all back to take revenge on the Central next year. This is BS the way this season went.
    2015 Rotation: Under Construction

2. Turn Off Ads?

“The guys we've had for the most part have been serviceable at this level.”

4. Likes:

oneupper (09-30-2014),Raisor (09-29-2014),Roy Tucker (09-29-2014),Tom Servo (09-29-2014)

Quote Originally Posted by mdccclxix View Post
    So I just read that Cueto plunked McCutcheon during the Pirates fans chanting at him?

We've got to do right by this group of Reds and bring'm all back to take revenge on the Central next year. This is BS the way this season went.
    Where did you read that....cause that is interesting.

We were in Minneapolis over the weekend for the Cambodian ceremonies celebrating our daughter and son-in-law's marriage in July. Between the breakfast and morning ceremonies we went back to the hotel to take a break before the evening celebration commenced. I was thrilled the Reds game was on TV, but we went for a walk when the game went into the 10th inning (to walk off the vast amount of food put before us to enjoy!), but I kept checking my phone and celebrated the grand slam finish atop the little hill in Gold Medal Park along the Mississippi River.

On Sunday, we spent the afternoon with my wife's brother and his wife, so we were checking our phones periodically (my wife grew up in Missouri, so the rest of her family are Cardinal fans), so it was fun to see that Johnny knocked in the winning run and then Kris Negron hit the home run to give us critical insurance runs. It was fun to keep up with Aroldis Chapman's closing out the game. My brother-in-law did thank us for assuring the Cards won the division.

Nice finish to a very difficult season. I think my older daughter said it well when she wrote, "Love you, Redlegs. Even a season like this one is better than the offseason." Not sure how much I'll pay attention to the playoffs and World Series. As I recall, this first round is cable only, freezing out folks like me, then by the time the broadcast channels pick it up, I've lost interest. The brilliant thinkers there in MLB, right? Time to get read to stare out the window and wait for spring.
    “In the same way that a baseball season never really begins, it never really ends either.” - Lonnie Wheeler, "Bleachers, A Summer in Wrigley Field"

The Baseball Emporium - Books & Things.

The Baseball Bookstore

http://tsc-sales.com/
    http://tscsales.blogspot.com/
    http://silverscreenbooks.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Ironman92 View Post
    Where did you read that....cause that is interesting.
    CUE-TO, CUE-TO: Pirates fans have taken to chanting Johnny Cueto's name — they felt like it affected him a year ago in his playoff loss and they've done it time and time again this season. Each time, he's made them pay.

The Reds won all six games against the Pirates that Cueto started this season. He went 5-0 with a 1.76 ERA against Pittsburgh this season.

Pirates fans at Great American Ball Park started the chant right before he hit McCutchen and continued it afterward.

"Yes, I hear them. Like I said before, I've heard them say that," Cueto said, according to Vera. "They only beat me one time."

In his career, Cueto is 18-7 with a 2.21 ERA in 27 career starts against the Pirates.

http://www.cincinnati.com/story/spor...reds/16397797/
    2015 Rotation: Under Construction

8. Likes:

Ironman92 (10-03-2014)

Turn Off Ads?