Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 68 FirstFirst 1234561252 ... LastLast

Thread: SEC Football Discussion #4

Re: SEC Football Discussion #4

Quote Originally Posted by jojo View Post
    Within the last day and a half, Shaq Roland was kicked off of Georgia's team after being accused of shoplifting $43 worth of stuff while Treon Harris was suspended from all team activities by Florida after being accused of sexual assault. Meanwhile Jameis Winston keeps on keeping on at Florida State.
    UF players never did serve their suspensions after their first 'game.'

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by 19braves77 View Post
    Saban says they may have to alter how they evaluate high schooll prospects:

"I never thought ... that running I-formation and regular defense would be the anomaly in football."

"If we had better players as replacements, we would play them"

I think recruiting 5 9 cbs because they can adjust left and right and tackle is going to have to go. We need height and no more SS covering slot because the LB is confused.
    Cry me a river. This guy is continually in the top 2-3 in recruiting classes and now he needs better players? Boo hoo.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Chip is right

Haha, Saban complaining about the talent on his roster.

Wow, what a dbag.

Quote Originally Posted by Chip R View Post
    Cry me a river. This guy is continually in the top 2-3 in recruiting classes and now he needs better players? Boo hoo.
    He's in the Top 2-3 recruiting classes because a lot of his guys are 'committed' to Alabama. The rankings mean nothing. I don't see him complaining about lack of talent as much as the right TYPE of guy in certain positions. Like any smart and talented coach, he realizes the changing dynamic in college football.

Quote Originally Posted by Todd Gack View Post
    He's in the Top 2-3 recruiting classes because a lot of his guys are 'committed' to Alabama. The rankings mean nothing. I don't see him complaining about lack of talent as much as the right TYPE of guy in certain positions. Like any smart and talented coach, he realizes the changing dynamic in college football.
    Sure. But if he's such a great coach and his staff are such great coaches he can coach those guys to be the type of player he wants. Coach 'em up, as the saying goes. You know what they used to say about Bear Bryant: "He can take his'n and beat your'n and take your'n and beat his'n."
    I was wrong
    Chip is right

Saban recruited those players. No one to blame but himself. I really doubt he has to settle for anyone because he didn't get who he wanted.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

Quote Originally Posted by cumberlandreds View Post
    Saban recruited those players. No one to blame but himself. I really doubt he has to settle for anyone because he didn't get who he wanted.
    I think that's what he's saying in a way but blaming the new trends in offense and defense instead of directly blaming himself. But you're right; he is to blame for recruiting those players. But he and his staff should be able to mold those players into the type he wants. Obviously you can't make a short guy tall or a slow guy fast but if Saban took a pass on some of the players he recruited in the past, don't you think that every other team in the nation would have gone after them? Great coaches adjust and don't whine. All these kids are strong, quick and athletic. If he weren't getting kids to come there because he was running the Wishbone or something, that's one thing. But he doesn't have anything on his roster that Auburn or Ole Miss or Florida State have.
    I was wrong
    Chip is right

Quote Originally Posted by cumberlandreds View Post
    I can tell you the name of one big hog mollie that he desperately wanted who chose to stay close to home!

10. Likes:

cumberlandreds (10-07-2014)

Sure. But if he's such a great coach and his staff are such great coaches he can coach those guys to be the type of player he wants. Coach 'em up, as the saying goes. You know what they used to say about Bear Bryant: "He can take his'n and beat your'n and take your'n and beat his'n."
    I disagree. Saban has always like the Javier Arenas's of the world because of the way he schematically runs his defense. Again, he basically says they need to change the type of players they're recruiting as far as measureables go. I don't see it as a complaint at all, but all of the people who hate the greatness that is Nick Saban see it a different way.

Quote Originally Posted by Todd Gack View Post
    I disagree. Saban has always like the Javier Arenas's of the world because of the way he schematically runs his defense. Again, he basically says they need to change the type of players they're recruiting as far as measureables go. I don't see it as a complaint at all, but all of the people who hate the greatness that is Nick Saban see it a different way.
    I don't hate Saban but complaining about this makes him seem like a whiner and it looks like it's sour grapes.

Being a coach is more than Xs and Os, recruiting and the "Win it for the Gipper" speech. It's also about making the players you have better.
    I was wrong
    Chip is right

I don't hate Saban but complaining about this makes him seem like a whiner and it looks like it's sour grapes.

Being a coach is more than Xs and Os, recruiting and the "Win it for the Gipper" speech. It's also about making the players you have better.
    Honestly, it reminds me of when he was trying to get the rules changed to prevent no huddle offenses because of "injury risks."

Quote Originally Posted by WMR View Post
    Honestly, it reminds me of when he was trying to get the rules changed to prevent no huddle offenses because of "injury risks."
    That's a great comparison.
    I was wrong
    Chip is right

Vandy may have dodged a bullet on Lloyd Tubman.

Allegedly, Franklin had pulled some strings to get Tubman admitted. That would have been at least two very bad character judgments on Franklin's part.
    When all is said and done more is said than done.

OMG.....

Gurley suspended indefinitely.

http://www.georgiadogs.com/sports/m-...100914aad.html
    "This isn’t stats vs scouts - this is stats and scouts working together, building an organization that blends the best of both worlds. This is the blueprint for how a baseball organization should be run. And, whether the baseball men of the 20th century like it or not, this is where baseball is going."---Dave Cameron, U.S.S. Mariner

Urban Myer is kind of sleazy in general and his comments are beyond a stretch anyway but after what he, Mullen and Thamel attempted to do with Cam, Urban probably shouldn't name drop Cam as a protege.

http://collegespun.com/big-ten/ohio-...uiting-players
    "This isn’t stats vs scouts - this is stats and scouts working together, building an organization that blends the best of both worlds. This is the blueprint for how a baseball organization should be run. And, whether the baseball men of the 20th century like it or not, this is where baseball is going."---Dave Cameron, U.S.S. Mariner

Turn Off Ads?