Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 68 FirstFirst 12345671353 ... LastLast

Thread: SEC Football Discussion #4

Re: SEC Football Discussion #4

Quote Originally Posted by jojo View Post
    Urban Myer is kind of sleazy in general and his comments are beyond a stretch anyway but after what he, Mullen and Thamel attempted to do with Cam, Urban probably shouldn't name drop Cam as a protege.

http://collegespun.com/big-ten/ohio-...uiting-players
    What did the attempt to do with cam? I honestly don't know.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    What did the attempt to do with cam? I honestly don't know.
    I think he tried to fence Newton's stolen laptop and didn't get much out of it. Either that or the papers Meyer bought for Newton were too high of quality and that's what got Cam nailed three times for academic fraud.

I feel bad for Gurley. It is a pretty stupid rule at this point. Ol' Johnny Football has to be laughing his rear off about the whole deal.

Quote Originally Posted by RiverRat13 View Post
    I think he tried to fence Newton's stolen laptop and didn't get much out of it. Either that or the papers Meyer bought for Newton were too high of quality and that's what got Cam nailed three times for academic fraud.

I feel bad for Gurley. It is a pretty stupid rule at this point. Ol' Johnny Football has to be laughing his rear off about the whole deal.
    Both Mullen and Meyer tried to anonymously assassinate Cam's character through their buddy Thamel. They don't now get to name drop to help their recruiting. It was sleazy behavior from those two and really motivated out of selfishness. And it's shenanigans anyway for Meyer to claim he put Cam into the nfl.
    "This isn’t stats vs scouts - this is stats and scouts working together, building an organization that blends the best of both worlds. This is the blueprint for how a baseball organization should be run. And, whether the baseball men of the 20th century like it or not, this is where baseball is going."---Dave Cameron, U.S.S. Mariner

Both Mullen and Meyer tried to anonymously assassinate Cam's character through their buddy Thamel. They don't now get to name drop to help their recruiting. It was sleazy behavior from those two and really motivated out of selfishness. And it's shenanigans anyway for Meyer to claim he put Cam into the nfl.
    Source?

I am not calling BS, I have just never heard of this. \

Didn't Cam assassinate his own character when he committed theft and academic fraud (three times)?

I am a Panthers fan and like Cam, but he is no saint.

Source?

I am not calling BS, I have just never heard of this. \

Didn't Cam assassinate his own character when he committed theft and academic fraud (three times)?

I am a Panthers fan and like Cam, but he is no saint.
    Simple googling can give you all the facts you need. But if you're too lazy, just ask where has Thamel been given all access priviledges the last several days.

That you can even bring up potential academic issues proves the point by the way. BTW, no one is arguing that Cam is a saint. The simple point that Mullen, Meyer and Thamel did something very sleazy for their own self interests is being made and because of that they have alot of gall to now use Cam as a recruiting ploy.
    "This isn’t stats vs scouts - this is stats and scouts working together, building an organization that blends the best of both worlds. This is the blueprint for how a baseball organization should be run. And, whether the baseball men of the 20th century like it or not, this is where baseball is going."---Dave Cameron, U.S.S. Mariner

Ah, the anonymous source on the academic fraud?

Meh, Cam cheated, don't shoot the messenger.

Ah, the anonymous source on the academic fraud?

Meh, Cam cheated, don't shoot the messenger.
    Neither guy had a reason to disclose anything other than trying to shoot the student athlete. They don't now get to act like they mentored him to the nfl.

Neither guy had a reason to disclose anything other than trying to shoot the student athlete. They don't now get to act like they mentored him to the nfl.
    Sure they can, it's not a violation or illegal.

Cheating on your schoolwork is an academic violation

Stealing a computer is illegal

Who did those things?

Sure they can, it's not a violation or illegal.

Cheating on your schoolwork is an academic violation

Stealing a computer is illegal

Who did those things?
    Actually it is against the law to discuss a student's academic record without the student's consent. The computer issue was acient history. Mullen and Meyer were using Thamel togrind an axe. Now they want to use Cam to recruit? It's sleazy.

Name:  9984908-large.jpg
Views: 225
Size:  49.5 KB
    How had I never seen this picture before. Too much awesomeness.
    When all is said and done more is said than done.

Simple googling can give you all the facts you need. But if you're too lazy, just ask where has Thamel been given all access priviledges the last several days.

That you can even bring up potential academic issues proves the point by the way. BTW, no one is arguing that Cam is a saint. The simple point that Mullen, Meyer and Thamel did something very sleazy for their own self interests is being made and because of that they have alot of gall to now use Cam as a recruiting ploy.
    I guess we have a different idea of what constitutes fact. Thamel and Meyer clearly have a relationship. I'm sure Thamel has a relationship with many college football insiders. What I found from google searches could only be at best categorized as hearsay. I found some claims that Urban was the source and just as many that claims that he was not. Unfortunately hits from a google search do not discriminate reliable sources from unreliable ones so it is pretty hard to figure out which to believe.

In either case I don't understand why Urban would claim some sort of responsibility for Cam. That is just strange.

Quote Originally Posted by redrum View Post
    I guess we have a different idea of what constitutes fact. Thamel and Meyer clearly have a relationship. I'm sure Thamel has a relationship with many college football insiders. What I found from google searches could only be at best categorized as hearsay. I found some claims that Urban was the source and just as many that claims that he was not. Unfortunately hits from a google search do not discriminate reliable sources from unreliable ones so it is pretty hard to figure out which to believe.

In either case I don't understand why Urban would claim some sort of responsibility for Cam. That is just strange.
    Mullen was the OC when Cam was recruited to Florida. Meyer and Thamel are the best of buds and that is how Thamel and Mullen became best of buds. Mullen considered it ordained that Cam would follow him to MSU and would be his ticket out of Starkville probably as Meyer's successor at Florida. The Cam issue was an MSU issue between an MSU booster and an MSU handler. Mullen flipped a gasket when Cam overrode Cecil's influence and went elsewhere. MSU was knee deep in poop which is why Mullen didn't report anything until many months after he was obligated to report things. He chose instead to use Thamel to hurt the student athlete and to finally report the MSU shenanigans when he could use Thamel to deflect and at a time why he could try to maximally damage Auburn for out recruiting him.

There's a reason the NCAA decided the Cam issue like it did. First there was an utter lack of evidence to support the notion Auburn's recruitment of Cam was somehow dirty. But second, it was an MSU issue and MSU was knee deep in poop and basically acted in a way that would have unfairly damaged Auburn.

If Mullen would have acted ethically and professionally, Cam would've never have played a down because Auburn would've known to hold Cam out even before spring practice and very likely the NCAA would've ruled him ineligible instead of the compromise they reached in November. Maybe in his heart of hearts, mullen believed Auburn cheated and he was going have the ultimate gotcha moment. But mullen was wrong and his approach was sleazy. Seriously, if Mullen handled things properly, Cam would be bagging groceries.

And here we are with Mullen still stuck in Starkville. Maybe today he can earn his ticket out of there the right way.
    Last edited by jojo; 10-11-2014 at 12:46 PM.

What a special day for Missisippi state fans. I hope Auburn ruins it but this is the atmosphere that makes college sports so special.

Wow at Mississippi State
    http://diamondvisits.blogspot.com/ My Minor League stadium review site.

16. Likes:

Tom Servo (10-11-2014)

Quote Originally Posted by 19braves77 View Post
    Wow at Mississippi State
    The second half might get nuts even for Bellview's standards.

Turn Off Ads?