Turn Off Ads?
Page 58 of 68 FirstFirst ... 848545556575859606162 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Redszone Movie Thread, Part IV

Re: Official Redszone Movie Thread, Part IV

I think I'm the only person on Earth who doesn't care for all of these new comic book movies.

I prefer the older stand alone one; Howard the Duck, Weird Science, Judge Dredd, Time Cop, and the original TMNT.

2. Likes:

TheBigLebowski (04-03-2019)

3. Turn Off Ads?
    I wear Elly colored glass WrongVerb's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kinsm View Post
    I think I'm the only person on Earth who doesn't care for all of these new comic book movies.

I prefer the older stand alone one; Howard the Duck, Weird Science, Judge Dredd, Time Cop, and the original TMNT.
    You're not. I enjoy the Christian Bale Batman films. And Deadpool is delightful. But other than that I couldn't care less about the comic book films.
    Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark. In our obscurity, in all this vastness, there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves. -- Carl Sagan (Pale Blue Dot)

5. Likes:

redsfanmia (03-23-2019)

Howard the Duck, and I say this as a reader of the original comic, is an atrocious movie. It's kind of so bad it's fun now, but it's a special kind of awful. Judge Dredd is pretty miserable too. The more recent Dredd is a vastly better movie.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

7. Likes:

marcshoe (04-03-2019),TRF (03-25-2019)

They call me "chef"

Us was great. More ambitious in its scope than Get Out and a little clunkier in parts because of it but I have no complaints. Stellar second movie and worthy follow up.

Late to the game, but I saw Green Book on DVD and was underwhelmed. I would say I can’t understand why it won any Oscars, including Best Picture, but I know Hollywood too well.

It’s as bland and cliche’ a movie about racism as you can make. It seemed more like a made for TV movie from the nineties than a theatrical release. Even the direction and visuals was standard. But more importantly, it explored no new territory regarding racism, and I learned nothing from it.

That said, it was entertaining as mindless fluff, and it wasn’t offensive like The Blind Side and The Help, even it was still a typical White Savoir movie.
    Hoping to change my username to 75769024

Future Fame of Holler WildcatFan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Larry Schuler View Post
    Us was great. More ambitious in its scope than Get Out and a little clunkier in parts because of it but I have no complaints. Stellar second movie and worthy follow up.
    Totally agree. I still preferred Get Out, but this one leaned a little deeper into the horror. And Lupita's in it, so we all win.
    "I never argue with people who say baseball is boring, because baseball is boring. And then, suddenly, it isn't. And that's what makes it great." - Joe Posnanski

Quote Originally Posted by M2 View Post
    Howard the Duck, and I say this as a reader of the original comic, is an atrocious movie. It's kind of so bad it's fun now, but it's a special kind of awful. Judge Dredd is pretty miserable too. The more recent Dredd is a vastly better movie.
    This is just crazy talk, how could you not like a movie that was produced by George Lucas that has a 25 year old panty wearing Lea Thompson, Nuke LaLoosh, Ferris Bueller's principal abducted by an alien, and a walking talking Duck?

And Dredd, come on now...Rambo tagging along with Deuce Bigalow, Emperor Ming shooting people, and Diane Lane in tights.

Winning the Human Race TheBigLebowski's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WrongVerb View Post
    You're not. I enjoy the Christian Bale Batman films. And Deadpool is delightful. But other than that I couldn't care less about the comic book films.
    That's me, 100%. Although this new Joker movie is intriguing.
    “The crows seem to be calling my name,” thought Caw.

This is just crazy talk, how could you not like a movie that was produced by George Lucas that has a 25 year old panty wearing Lea Thompson, Nuke LaLoosh, Ferris Bueller's principal abducted by an alien, and a walking talking Duck?

And Dredd, come on now...Rambo tagging along with Deuce Bigalow, Emperor Ming shooting people, and Diane Lane in tights.
    I have managed to avoid the Howard movie, except for occasional car-wreck glances changing channels a long time ago, but reconsidering it in light of this description, it seems a perfect example of why most eighties movies should be placed in a time capsule, buried, and never dug up.
    It is on the whole probable that we continually dream, but that consciousness makes such a noise that we do not hear it. Carl Jung.

14. Likes:

TRF (04-09-2019)

80's movies are ten times better than most of the regurgitated crap that Hollywood puts out nowadays.

16. Likes:

757690 (04-03-2019),RedTeamGo! (04-03-2019)

There were a few good movies made in the eighties, but many of them seemed to be the result of producers being given large piles of money and cocaine and sometimes forgetting which was which.
    It is on the whole probable that we continually dream, but that consciousness makes such a noise that we do not hear it. Carl Jung.

Quote Originally Posted by marcshoe View Post
    There were a few good movies made in the eighties, but many of them seemed to be the result of producers being given large piles of money and cocaine and sometimes forgetting which was which.
    And? Where’s the negative?
    What would you say.....ya do here?

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    And? Where’s the negative?

Okay, this one's not fair, but....

20. Likes:

M2 (04-09-2019),TRF (04-09-2019)

I'm surprised current day Hollywood hasn't remade mannequin.

I'm surprised current day Hollywood hasn't remade mannequin.
    They did, with every movie that starred Josh Hartnett.
    Hoping to change my username to 75769024

23. Likes:

marcshoe (04-04-2019),TRF (04-09-2019)

Turn Off Ads?