Turn Off Ads?
Page 66 of 68 FirstFirst ... 165662636465666768 LastLast

Thread: Official Redszone Movie Thread, Part IV

Re: Official Redszone Movie Thread, Part IV

I'm watching the original Angels in the Outfield from 1951. It's streaming on the Criterion Channel. Most of the baseball scenes were filmed at Forbes Field, so you get a lot of great footage of that place. Also, it's fun to see Joe DiMaggio and Ty Cobb make quick appearances.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Amazon---

Amazon has partnered with the South by Southwest Film Festival to bring locked-down movie lovers a streaming selection from its planned 2020 slate, which would've screened as part of the annual media event's 2020 edition before this year's edition was canceled amid the coronavirus pandemic.

The Prime Video presents the SXSW 2020 Film Festival Collection will offer filmmakers from the 2020 SXSW Film Festival an invitation to show their work during the digital festival that will play for 10 days exclusively on Prime Video. The one-time event is scheduled to stream for free to anyone who has an Amazon account, regardless of their Prime membership status. Filmmakers who choose to participate will still receive a screening fee for their contributions.

A launch date for the Prime Video presents the SXSW 2020 Film Festival Collection will be announced soon, as will a slate of projects participating in the event.

Re-watched Taxi Driver. I hadn't seen it in 30 years. Wow, still a shocking, raw movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Rojo View Post
    Re-watched Taxi Driver. I hadn't seen it in 30 years. Wow, still a shocking, raw movie.
    Always thought it would be an interesting movie exploring Travis Bickle 10-20 years after the events in Taxi Driver.
    When I see the 2016 Reds, I see a 100 loss team and no direction.

6. Likes:

Rojo (04-10-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by redsfanmia View Post
    Always thought it would be an interesting movie exploring Travis Bickle 10-20 years after the events in Taxi Driver.
    Is the post-shooting spree scene a dream-sequence? Unclear to me.

1917 was intense...there is just a dark brooding element to that movie throughout. Loved the way it was shot...very enjoyable.

Birds of Prey...was just OK for me I think they tried hard to make it Deadpoolish, it had some cool fight scenes but nothing that really stood out except for Ewan McGregor's character...
    If you have a losing record at Reds games, please stop going.

Q: What's playing at the local cinema?

A: Racoons, squirrels, and a couple of rats.

Sorry.
    It is on the whole probable that we continually dream, but that consciousness makes such a noise that we do not hear it. Carl Jung.

10. Likes:

RFS62 (04-18-2020)

Rewatched The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford and I still can't get over how talented Roger Deakins is. Whether this movie, Road to Perdition, Skyfall, Shawshank Redemption, Br2049, 1917, Big Lebowski, whatever. Everything he shoots is so well composed and well lit. His resume is about as good as a resume can get.

Good vid I found showing some of his best shots.

12. Likes:

Betterread (04-27-2020),marcshoe (04-23-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by Stray View Post
    Rewatched The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford and I still can't get over how talented Roger Deakins is. Whether this movie, Road to Perdition, Skyfall, Shawshank Redemption, Br2049, 1917, Big Lebowski, whatever. Everything he shoots is so well composed and well lit. His resume is about as good as a resume can get
    Deakins is very talented. He frequently works with the Coen brothers and their films are always beautiful, if not always compelling. And Kundun is one of the best films ever.
    Another great one is Emmanuel Lubezki, who is Terence Malick’s cinematographer. My favorite work of his is the Revenant and the New World.

14. Likes:

Stray (04-28-2020)

I decided to rewatch all of the MCU movies in order (I have a lot of time!). I'm up to Thor:Ragnarok.

I like these movies best when they either get really weird (Dr. Strange, Ragnarok) or when they remember that they're supposed to be fun (Ant Man, the first Guardians of the Galaxy).

I like them least when Hawkeye is in them for more than a couple minutes.

Have recently went down the Jimmy Chin rabbit hole. I watched Meru, which was freaking fantastic, and then doubled back on Free Solo which was very good. But this guy is on his own level, nobody is shooting the way he shoots. His perspective is truly unique. I'm like white knuckling the remote and nervously pacing around while watching, but these climb videos are so good. I've never been more terrified and inspired watching a documentary.

I wear Elly colored glass WrongVerb's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NebraskaRed View Post
    Saw Uncut Gems last night. It was so chaotic and uncomfortable and I loved every second of it.
    I'm watching it now on Netflix. It's so chaotic and uncomfortable, and I doubt I'll ever watch it again.
    Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark. In our obscurity, in all this vastness, there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves. -- Carl Sagan (Pale Blue Dot)

18. Likes:

Stray (06-14-2020)

"The King of Staten Island" with Pete Davidson was brilliant, far better than I expected.

Pete's got serious acting chops. Didn't see that coming. He is playing himself in his own life though, so who knows what's next for him. The dialogue is superb and it feels totally real.
    We'll go down in history as the first society that wouldn't save itself because it wasn't cost effective ~ Kurt Vonnegut

Watched The Vast of Night last night on Amazon.

I can see why the movie might not be for everyone (it's very dialogue-heavy), but I thought it was a fantastic sci-fi/aliens movie. It's really impressive what the filmmakers did on a low budget.

For political reasons, I've been thinking of a BBC movie I saw years ago that I just couldn't remember the name of. It was a great twisty-thriller featuring a Scottish actor who's name I didn't know. I didn't know any of the cast or the anything really about the film.

So today, I googled Scottish actors, started looking through pictures, found the actor and then started to look threw his films.

The name of the film who's name I forgot: Amnesia.

It really is a terriffic film, albeit with a silly epilogue.

Turn Off Ads?