Turn Off Ads?
Page 65 of 68 FirstFirst ... 15556162636465666768 LastLast

Thread: Official Redszone Movie Thread, Part IV

Re: Official Redszone Movie Thread, Part IV

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    I just saw it. Phenomenal movie. Better than I anticipated.
    I haven't seen it, but the plot description sounds a lot like Gallipoli, one of my favorite movies.
    It is on the whole probable that we continually dream, but that consciousness makes such a noise that we do not hear it. Carl Jung.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Resident optimist OldRightHander's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WrongVerb View Post
    If 1917 doesn't make you realize the futility of war, I don't know what will.
    Just saw it last night. I walked out with mixed feelings, but your statement does ring true, especially in a certain scene that I will refrain from mentioning since I don’t want to go into spoiler territory.
    The contents of this post may be disseminated without the express written consent of the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball.

https://www.amazon.com/Charles-DeMaris/e/B07BD4JBQB

Nothing else happened in 1917 -- Anglo-centrism.

I wear Elly colored glass WrongVerb's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rojo View Post
    Nothing else happened in 1917 -- Anglo-centrism.
    Sometimes it's good to just give things a rest.
    Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark. In our obscurity, in all this vastness, there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves. -- Carl Sagan (Pale Blue Dot)

They call me "chef"

I can't do war/historical battle movies or period-piece dramas with those as the backdrop. Every time I'm flipping through the Trailers channel or Hulu/Amazon/Netflix and the synopsis starts with "A person with a sad/depressing/painful life in a European town during WW2...", and it's a pretty common occurrence, I keep moving.

Didn’t really care for “The Lighthouse”. And I usually like those oddball films. Well crafted and acted but I didn’t enjoy following the story.

Quote Originally Posted by kaldaniels View Post
    Didn’t really care for “The Lighthouse”. And I usually like those oddball films. Well crafted and acted but I didn’t enjoy following the story.
    I want to see it because it's by the guy who did "The Witch", but you're not the first person I've heard say that.
    It is on the whole probable that we continually dream, but that consciousness makes such a noise that we do not hear it. Carl Jung.

Parasite is so well done. He brilliantly balances the message of the movie with the actual plot and action. It is certainly worthy of the Oscar nomination.

Quote Originally Posted by kaldaniels View Post
    I had a similar reaction. I liked parts of it (and I really liked the look of it), but it felt 3 times as long as it was because I just didn't care about what was happening.

I didn't realize Amazon made movies until this past weekend...

Troop Zero was solid, good enough to be in theaters.

Not sure if it nailed rural Georgia in the late '70's (as I was never there then), but as an adult - who obviously survived childhood - it hits home in many ways as I believe every child at some point feels like an outsider.

12. Likes:

757690 (03-12-2020),cincinnati chili (06-13-2020),RichRed (03-16-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by Kinsm View Post

Not sure if it nailed rural Georgia in the late '70's (as I was never there then), but as an adult - who obviously survived childhood - it hits home in many ways as I believe every child at some point feels like an outsider.

Saw it a few weeks ago...Space Oddity really hits you hard.

Also saw Onward with the daughter and really enjoyed it...liked the overall idea behind the movie. Chris Pratt and Tom Holland have a nice chemistry throughout as two elvish brothers...
    If you have a losing record at Reds games, please stop going.

Winning the Human Race TheBigLebowski's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kinsm View Post

They made Manchester by the Sea, which is one of the best and most heart-wrenching movies I've ever seen.
    “The crows seem to be calling my name,” thought Caw.

'Outbreak' and '2012' have each been in the top 10 most viewed movies on Netflix over the past 9 days running.

My brother-in-law and I just finished viewing a film called 'Come as you Are'. It's an American remake of a Belgian film by the same name.

It's a comedic drama about three young male virgins with disabilities who go on a road trip to a brothel in Montreal catering to people with special needs.

I had found out about the film's existence after an employee of mine educated me about a social program in the Netherlands, where citizens with disabilities receive money from the Government to pay for sexual services - in the guise that it drastically reduces depression among the disabled, many of whom have never explored sex.

The American version of the film is similar to 'Road Trip' and is quite humorous. I give it a thumbsup.

https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/come_as_you_are_2020

Last edited by Kinsm; 03-19-2020 at 12:53 AM.

17. Likes:

757690 (03-19-2020),M2 (04-02-2020)

Watching a lot of movies has made realize that CGI fire just does not work.

Turn Off Ads?