Turn Off Ads?
Page 61 of 68 FirstFirst ... 1151575859606162636465 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Redszone Movie Thread, Part IV

Re: Official Redszone Movie Thread, Part IV

Quote Originally Posted by WrongVerb View Post
    So I got to see Once Upon a Time in Hollywood.

Great film. This will win Tarantino his Best Director Oscar. DiCaprio was incredible, but he's going to lose Best Actor to Taron Egerton. Pitt will win Best Supporting Actor. Margo Robbie win be nominated for Best Supporting Actress but has no shot at winning.
    Spoilers below:

The film follows actor DiCaprio and stunt double/gofer Pitt through a decline phase in their relative careers. Pitt intersects with the Manson Family, while Sharon Tate and Roman Polanski move in next door to DiCaprio. Eventually the world's collide, but instead of invading the Polanski house, an alternate history has them invading DiCaprio's place and getting their asses handed to them by a stoned Pitt and his dog.

The production rhymes with Tarantino's other work, as well as having his usual nods to entertainment history. The ending shot is straight out of The Player. And stick around through the credits for a nice little Easter egg.

All in all, very well done.
    Only thing I didn’t like was Major Dick Winters as Steve McQueen.
    When I see the 2016 Reds, I see a 100 loss team and no direction.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Kinsm View Post

I used to think movies like Porkys and American Pie were cool and spoke to me as a frustrated adolescence. But movies like this are just pandering crap. Get off my yard millennial!

I watched it and it was funny. I think it it were 3 teen girls it would still be funny.

And I'm fine with movies that pander to a specific audience.

I saw it. Was pretty unimpressed. Interesting concept... shock humor with tweens talking sex and drugs. But it just wasn't funny.
    Bud Selig: "I'm the worst commissioner ever"
    Rob Manfred: "Hold my beer"

https://redsintelligence.com/smforum/index.php

It’s frustrating that movie’s like “Good Boys” do so well at this box office, while movies like “Booksmart” and “Blinded By The Light” do so poorly.
    Hoping to change my username to 75769024

Quote Originally Posted by Kinsm View Post
    I watched it and it was funny. I think it it were 3 teen girls it would still be funny.

And I'm fine with movies that pander to a specific audience.

Sure. If they are good. If they are doing something fresh. I really thought the way they were trying to get rid of horny teen males and avoid turning them into entitled toxic males that this type of movie would not be made. Whatever makes money.

Quote Originally Posted by 757690 View Post
    It’s frustrating that movie’s like “Good Boys” do so well at this box office, while movies like “Booksmart” and “Blinded By The Light” do so poorly.
    Midsommar looks like a movie worth seeing. Sure it looks like Wicker Man. Not the horrible Cage version.
    But the director is good.

Who wants a mustache ride Ohayou's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Cloninger View Post
    Sure. If they are good. If they are doing something fresh. I really thought the way they were trying to get rid of horny teen males and avoid turning them into entitled toxic males that this type of movie would not be made. Whatever makes money.
    Who is they?

Haven't seen Good Boys yet, but Superbad is super good, and a personal favorite. I do prefer Adventureland over it, though.
    Arise and walk, come through. A world beyond that door is calling out for you. Arise and walk, come through. It's calling out for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Ohayou View Post
    Who is they?

Haven't seen Good Boys yet, but Superbad is super good, and a personal favorite. I do prefer Adventureland over it, though.

They as in who decided to make Good Boys. I’m not expecting Dr. Zhivago here but most of what I have seen of this it makes Momma’s Boy look like The Grapes of Wrath.

You are right. I forgot about Superbad. It was a good comedy that dealt with high school teen anxiety very well.

Who wants a mustache ride Ohayou's Avatar

Thinking back to that movie depresses me now. That was TWELVE years ago. 2007 was one of the best years ever for film.
    Arise and walk, come through. A world beyond that door is calling out for you. Arise and walk, come through. It's calling out for you.

12. Likes:

Tony Cloninger (09-02-2019)

Good Boys is at 79% with critics and 87% with the audience at Rotten Tomatoes. Generally, that's a good sign. Will have to check it out.

If you're a fan of the Downton Abbey television show, then the movie was pretty much perfect. Can't recommend it enough.

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Red View Post
    If you're a fan of the Downton Abbey television show, then the movie was pretty much perfect. Can't recommend it enough.
    What if I've never seen Downton Abbey, but was a fan of the Bob's Burger episode that was about Winthrope Manor, "the American Downton Abbey"?

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    What if I've never seen Downton Abbey, but was a fan of the Bob's Burger episode that was about Winthrope Manor, "the American Downton Abbey"?
    You never know! Bob's Burgers is quality TV, though.

Adam Sandler actually trying to act always gets my attention. This movie is getting a lotta buzz and I can't wait to see it. This and Joker are both must watch for me atm.

Turn Off Ads?