Turn Off Ads?
Page 16 of 68 FirstFirst ... 61213141516171819202666 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Redszone Movie Thread, Part IV

Official Redszone Movie Thread, Part IV

Saw Trainwreck tonight. I really enjoyed it. I guess it's kind of what I've come to expect from Apatow, which is a good thing. Only thing I will say negatively is that it was still a little long, not Funny People long though.

As we were leaving I heard someone walking down the stairs in front of me say "It was pretty good, at least it was better than Fury Road..." It was everything I could do not throw my drink at them.
    Last edited by Razor Shines; 07-23-2015 at 01:37 AM.
    "I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings."

Hitters who avoid outs are the funnest.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Re: Official Redszone Movie Thread, Part IV

Quote Originally Posted by Razor Shines View Post
    Saw Trainwreck tonight. I really enjoyed it. I guess it's kind of what I've come to expect from Apatow, which is a good thing. Only thing I will say negatively is that it was still a little long, not Funny People long though.

As we were leaving I heard someone walking down the stairs in front of me say "It was pretty, at least it was better than Fury Road..." It was everything I could do not throw my drink at them.
    You misheard them. They said Furry Road.

4. Likes:

Razor Shines (07-23-2015)

I saw Trainwreck as well last night. Definitely funny/entertaining. Good, mindless entertainment.

Saw M:I:RN last night. It was good, I'm not sure they needed 2 hours and 11 minutes to tell that story though.

Quote Originally Posted by Razor Shines View Post
    Saw M:I:RN last night. It was good, I'm not sure they needed 2 hours and 11 minutes to tell that story though.
    I saw it too. Perfectly acceptable popcorn movie

Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I saw it too. Perfectly acceptable popcorn movie
    Yeah. Just thought it was a touch long. Of course it was the 10:30 show, so maybe I was just tired. That chase scene was about the best I've ever seen.

9. Likes:

*BaseClogger* (08-02-2015)

Who wants a mustache ride Ohayou's Avatar

It must suck to be Josh Trank right now. I honestly thought he was going to be one of the next big directors, but then he blew his Star Wars gig and made what sounds like one of the worst superhero movies of all time with Fantastic Four. Can't place all the blame on him, though - studio interference has definitely tainted the adaptations. As long as Fox continues to own the rights, a fun Fantastic Four movie is unlikely to ever happen. Quality is secondary to them.
    Arise and walk, come through. A world beyond that door is calling out for you. Arise and walk, come through. It's calling out for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Ohayou View Post
    It must suck to be Josh Trank right now. I honestly thought he was going to be one of the next big directors, but then he blew his Star Wars gig and made what sounds like one of the worst superhero movies of all time with Fantastic Four. Can't place all the blame on him, though - studio interference has definitely tainted the adaptations. As long as Fox continues to own the rights, a fun Fantastic Four movie is unlikely to ever happen. Quality is secondary to them.
    The problem with FF4 is that is isn't great source material for a movie. I never liked it when I was young because I couldn't relate it to it. Josh Trank even used the Ultimate FF4 comic story instead of Kirby and Lee's and its still bad.
    http://diamondvisits.blogspot.com/ My Minor League stadium review site.

Quote Originally Posted by 19braves77 View Post
    The problem with FF4 is that is isn't great source material for a movie. I never liked it when I was young because I couldn't relate it to it. Josh Trank even used the Ultimate FF4 comic story instead of Kirby and Lee's and its still bad.
    This is crazy-town.

The FF is prime to be a great franchise if done right.

Who wants a mustache ride Ohayou's Avatar

Sure, it is. Just look at The Incredibles - it's as close to an FF movie as has been made yet.

The property needs to be dropped by Fox, and return to Marvel/Disney, where it would stand a chance of being made properly.
    Arise and walk, come through. A world beyond that door is calling out for you. Arise and walk, come through. It's calling out for you.

They call me "chef"

A comic book action movie can be terrible and panned by critics in the US and successfully make 700 million overseas. Big action set pieces speak the universal language of EXPLOSIONS and that big international box office can trump domestic fan adoration and critical praise in an executive's eyes. So, unless this bombs internationally, Fox/Universal might still consider this a successful execution despite any comments from critics, fans, or the director.

Man, I was a kid in the Kirby-Lee era, and I played Human Torch all the time. And when Star Wars came along, I knew where George Lucas got the idea for Darth Vader.
    It is on the whole probable that we continually dream, but that consciousness makes such a noise that we do not hear it. Carl Jung.

All this info about the Force Awakens is awesome:

Ton of photos:

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansit...news/?a=123975
    http://diamondvisits.blogspot.com/ My Minor League stadium review site.

The Man from UNCLE was pretty meh.

Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    The Man from UNCLE was pretty meh.
    My wife and I were discussing seeing that or The Gift next week. She was like Armie Hammer, yay. I was all like Guy Ritchie, boo. I hope I win this one.

Turn Off Ads?