Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 68 FirstFirst 1234561252 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Redszone Movie Thread, Part IV

Re: Official Redszone Movie Thread, Part IV

And by "Amazon" I mean the jungle in basement of an exclusive sex club where there were no children.
    "I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings."

Hitters who avoid outs are the funnest.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Razor Shines View Post
    Amazon. It's on Vudu and iTunes also.
    Awesome. I will be watching this at some point this week.

Michael Shannon is almost at automatic watch at this point, right?

5. Likes:

Chip R (10-28-2014),dougdirt (10-28-2014),MikeThierry (11-03-2014),Razor Shines (10-28-2014)

I finally got around to watching "Edge of Tomorrow". I'm ashamed I didn't catch this in the theaters because it's fantastic. I would go so far to say it's the best scifi movie I've seen in years. The ending was Hollywoodish but the journey was amazing.

Great movie - definitely better in the theater. Just find a friend with a theater room, blue ray player, and surround sound. A couple of my cousins built theater rooms in their basement and its honestly just as good, if not better than the theater. I am definitely going to build one in the next house my wife and I are going to buy (just got a job in Cleveland and looking at houses!!).

8. Likes:

MikeThierry (11-03-2014)

I want to know where I can get one of those mech suits and Final Fantasy sword that Emily Blunt had in the movie

Purchased my tickets for tomorrow's opening of Interstellar in IMAX.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeThierry View Post
    I want to know where I can get one of those mech suits and Final Fantasy sword that Emily Blunt had in the movie
    I want to know where I can get one of those Emily Blunts...

12. Likes:

dougdirt (11-05-2014),MikeThierry (11-05-2014),OldRightHander (11-05-2014),Razor Shines (11-04-2014),RedTeamGo! (11-10-2014)

Interstellar was an experience. It's fun that even after everything I've seen there's still something that can come along and make go "wow, that was cool".

On a side note, there was a kid in the theater. I saw him going in with his parents, he was probably 3. I have a 3 year old, I can't imagine the difficulty of bringing him to a movie like that, it was almost 3 hours. I never heard him but still that's an odd choice.

Future Fame of Holler WildcatFan's Avatar

Finally saw Gone Girl, and I must say, that movie is not about what I thought it was about. Glad I was told to do zero research going into it.
    "I never argue with people who say baseball is boring, because baseball is boring. And then, suddenly, it isn't. And that's what makes it great." - Joe Posnanski

Saw Nightcrawler with wife. She didn't feel comfortable with it at all and it kinda give you a sick feeling in your stomach. I get the message that its trying to send. If am DC Comics, Jake Gyllenhaal is my next Joker.

Interstellar on Wednesday during the day so I don't have all the distractions.
    http://diamondvisits.blogspot.com/ My Minor League stadium review site.

Quote Originally Posted by 19braves77 View Post
    Saw Nightcrawler with wife. She didn't feel comfortable with it at all and it kinda give you a sick feeling in your stomach. I get the message that its trying to send. If am DC Comics, Jake Gyllenhaal is my next Joker.

Something appropriate.
    Last edited by Razor Shines; 11-08-2014 at 12:47 PM.

17. Likes:

*BaseClogger* (11-10-2014)

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

That would make sense, he's already been inside the Joker.
    And here I thought this was a family friendly message board.

Resident optimist OldRightHander's Avatar

Interstellar was an experience. It's fun that even after everything I've seen there's still something that can come along and make go "wow, that was cool".

On a side note, there was a kid in the theater. I saw him going in with his parents, he was probably 3. I have a 3 year old, I can't imagine the difficulty of bringing him to a movie like that, it was almost 3 hours. I never heard him but still that's an odd choice.
    I saw it today. Quite good. Makes you think a bit in some parts.
    The contents of this post may be disseminated without the express written consent of the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball.

https://www.amazon.com/Charles-DeMaris/e/B07BD4JBQB

I enjoyed Interstellar, but parts of it were too much for me. The idea of love transcending space and time was great, but they laid it on too thick for me. When it got into five dimensions, passing through a singularity and navigating through 3d and time it got kinda crazy in a way that I definitely want to see it again...although I'm not sure I'll ever understand how he was able to explain the science of black holes in the way that he did, with a watch. But yeah, I still loved it...I wish more directors with the big resources were as ambitious as Nolan, Hollywood could use more of it.

Turn Off Ads?