Turn Off Ads?
Page 58 of 66 FirstFirst ... 848545556575859606162 ... LastLast
Results 856 to 870 of 977

Thread: Official Redszone Movie Thread, Part IV

  1. #856
    Moderator Kinsm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    3,062

    Re: Official Redszone Movie Thread, Part IV

    I think I'm the only person on Earth who doesn't care for all of these new comic book movies.

    I prefer the older stand alone one; Howard the Duck, Weird Science, Judge Dredd, Time Cop, and the original TMNT.

  2. Likes:

    TheBigLebowski (04-03-2019)

  3. Turn Off Ads?
  4. #857
    TyrannoSuarez Wrecks WrongVerb's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2000
    Location
    Monterey, CA
    Posts
    15,195

    Re: Official Redszone Movie Thread, Part IV

    Quote Originally Posted by Kinsm View Post
    I think I'm the only person on Earth who doesn't care for all of these new comic book movies.

    I prefer the older stand alone one; Howard the Duck, Weird Science, Judge Dredd, Time Cop, and the original TMNT.
    You're not. I enjoy the Christian Bale Batman films. And Deadpool is delightful. But other than that I couldn't care less about the comic book films.
    Gratitude + Forgiveness = Happiness

  5. Likes:

    redsfanmia (03-23-2019)

  6. #858
    Posting in Dynarama M2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2000
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    39,035

    Re: Official Redszone Movie Thread, Part IV

    Quote Originally Posted by Kinsm View Post
    I think I'm the only person on Earth who doesn't care for all of these new comic book movies.

    I prefer the older stand alone one; Howard the Duck, Weird Science, Judge Dredd, Time Cop, and the original TMNT.
    Howard the Duck, and I say this as a reader of the original comic, is an atrocious movie. It's kind of so bad it's fun now, but it's a special kind of awful. Judge Dredd is pretty miserable too. The more recent Dredd is a vastly better movie.
    Friends don't let friends fWAR.

    Coddle thy pitchers.

  7. Likes:

    marcshoe (04-03-2019),TRF (03-25-2019)

  8. #859
    They call me "chef"
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    2,224

    Re: Official Redszone Movie Thread, Part IV

    Us was great. More ambitious in its scope than Get Out and a little clunkier in parts because of it but I have no complaints. Stellar second movie and worthy follow up.

  9. #860
    Member 757690's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Dayton
    Posts
    24,448

    Re: Official Redszone Movie Thread, Part IV

    Late to the game, but I saw Green Book on DVD and was underwhelmed. I would say I can’t understand why it won any Oscars, including Best Picture, but I know Hollywood too well.

    It’s as bland and cliche’ a movie about racism as you can make. It seemed more like a made for TV movie from the nineties than a theatrical release. Even the direction and visuals was standard. But more importantly, it explored no new territory regarding racism, and I learned nothing from it.

    That said, it was entertaining as mindless fluff, and it wasn’t offensive like The Blind Side and The Help, even it was still a typical White Savoir movie.
    “We’re going to get the pitching.” -Bob Castellini
    “You got the pitching, now what?” - Reds fans

  10. #861
    Future Fame of Holler WildcatFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Lexington, KY
    Posts
    1,749

    Re: Official Redszone Movie Thread, Part IV

    Quote Originally Posted by Larry Schuler View Post
    Us was great. More ambitious in its scope than Get Out and a little clunkier in parts because of it but I have no complaints. Stellar second movie and worthy follow up.
    Totally agree. I still preferred Get Out, but this one leaned a little deeper into the horror. And Lupita's in it, so we all win.
    "I never argue with people who say baseball is boring, because baseball is boring. And then, suddenly, it isn't. And that's what makes it great." - Joe Posnanski

  11. #862
    Moderator Kinsm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    3,062

    Re: Official Redszone Movie Thread, Part IV

    Quote Originally Posted by M2 View Post
    Howard the Duck, and I say this as a reader of the original comic, is an atrocious movie. It's kind of so bad it's fun now, but it's a special kind of awful. Judge Dredd is pretty miserable too. The more recent Dredd is a vastly better movie.
    This is just crazy talk, how could you not like a movie that was produced by George Lucas that has a 25 year old panty wearing Lea Thompson, Nuke LaLoosh, Ferris Bueller's principal abducted by an alien, and a walking talking Duck?

    And Dredd, come on now...Rambo tagging along with Deuce Bigalow, Emperor Ming shooting people, and Diane Lane in tights.

  12. #863
    Winning the Human Race TheBigLebowski's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Titletown, FL
    Posts
    5,882

    Re: Official Redszone Movie Thread, Part IV

    Quote Originally Posted by WrongVerb View Post
    You're not. I enjoy the Christian Bale Batman films. And Deadpool is delightful. But other than that I couldn't care less about the comic book films.
    That's me, 100%. Although this new Joker movie is intriguing.
    I'm just going to go find a cash machine.

  13. #864
    Member marcshoe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Just over there
    Posts
    9,544

    Re: Official Redszone Movie Thread, Part IV

    Quote Originally Posted by Kinsm View Post
    This is just crazy talk, how could you not like a movie that was produced by George Lucas that has a 25 year old panty wearing Lea Thompson, Nuke LaLoosh, Ferris Bueller's principal abducted by an alien, and a walking talking Duck?

    And Dredd, come on now...Rambo tagging along with Deuce Bigalow, Emperor Ming shooting people, and Diane Lane in tights.
    I have managed to avoid the Howard movie, except for occasional car-wreck glances changing channels a long time ago, but reconsidering it in light of this description, it seems a perfect example of why most eighties movies should be placed in a time capsule, buried, and never dug up.
    “[Reading] is the sole means by which we slip, involuntarily, often helplessly, into another's skin, another's voice, another's soul" -- Joyce Carol Oates

  14. Likes:

    TRF (04-09-2019)

  15. #865
    Moderator Kinsm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    3,062

    Re: Official Redszone Movie Thread, Part IV

    80's movies are ten times better than most of the regurgitated crap that Hollywood puts out nowadays.

  16. Likes:

    757690 (04-03-2019),RedTeamGo! (04-03-2019)

  17. #866
    Member marcshoe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Just over there
    Posts
    9,544

    Re: Official Redszone Movie Thread, Part IV

    There were a few good movies made in the eighties, but many of them seemed to be the result of producers being given large piles of money and cocaine and sometimes forgetting which was which.
    “[Reading] is the sole means by which we slip, involuntarily, often helplessly, into another's skin, another's voice, another's soul" -- Joyce Carol Oates

  18. #867
    Daffy Duck RedTeamGo!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Cleveland, OH
    Posts
    12,970

    Re: Official Redszone Movie Thread, Part IV

    Quote Originally Posted by marcshoe View Post
    There were a few good movies made in the eighties, but many of them seemed to be the result of producers being given large piles of money and cocaine and sometimes forgetting which was which.
    And? Where’s the negative?
    What would you say.....ya do here?

  19. #868
    Member marcshoe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Just over there
    Posts
    9,544

    Re: Official Redszone Movie Thread, Part IV

    Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    And? Where’s the negative?


    Okay, this one's not fair, but....

    “[Reading] is the sole means by which we slip, involuntarily, often helplessly, into another's skin, another's voice, another's soul" -- Joyce Carol Oates

  20. Likes:

    M2 (04-09-2019),TRF (04-09-2019)

  21. #869
    Moderator Kinsm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    3,062

    Re: Official Redszone Movie Thread, Part IV

    I'm surprised current day Hollywood hasn't remade mannequin.

  22. #870
    Member 757690's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Dayton
    Posts
    24,448

    Re: Official Redszone Movie Thread, Part IV

    Quote Originally Posted by Kinsm View Post
    I'm surprised current day Hollywood hasn't remade mannequin.
    They did, with every movie that starred Josh Hartnett.
    “We’re going to get the pitching.” -Bob Castellini
    “You got the pitching, now what?” - Reds fans

  23. Likes:

    marcshoe (04-04-2019),TRF (04-09-2019)


Turn Off Ads?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Board Moderators may, at their discretion and judgment, delete and/or edit any messages that violate any of the following guidelines: 1. Explicit references to alleged illegal or unlawful acts. 2. Graphic sexual descriptions. 3. Racial or ethnic slurs. 4. Use of edgy language (including masked profanity). 5. Direct personal attacks, flames, fights, trolling, baiting, name-calling, general nuisance, excessive player criticism or anything along those lines. 6. Posting spam. 7. Each person may have only one user account. It is fine to be critical here - that's what this board is for. But let's not beat a subject or a player to death, please.

Thank you, and most importantly, enjoy yourselves!


RedsZone.com is a privately owned website and is not affiliated with the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball


Contact us: Boss | GIK | cumberlandreds | Gallen5862 | Kinsm | Plus Plus | Powel Crosley | RedlegJake | The Operator