Turn Off Ads?
Page 67 of 68 FirstFirst ... 1757636465666768 LastLast
Results 991 to 1,005 of 1008

Thread: Official Redszone Movie Thread, Part IV

Re: Official Redszone Movie Thread, Part IV

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/ne...x-and-theaters

Well this is big. Warner Bros is releasing their entire 2021 slate of movies on HBO Max as well as in theatres. Basically if you have a HBO Max subscription you'll get 30 days to watch the movie.

2. Likes:

M2 (12-03-2020)

3. Turn Off Ads?

My take on some new releases

Uncle Frank - Amazon Prime - B-plus
    Soul - Disney Plus - A
    The Midnight Sky - Netflix - D-plus
    Ma Rainey's Black Bottom - Netflix - B

I saw Wonder Woman 1984 yesterday. I'd give it a solid "B+". Gal Gadot and Chris Pine are both terrific.
    "Hey...Dad. Wanna Have A Catch?" Kevin Costner in "Field Of Dreams."

Quote Originally Posted by RedsBaron View Post
    I saw Wonder Woman 1984 yesterday. I'd give it a solid "B+". Gal Gadot and Chris Pine are both terrific.

Loved both of them, but thought the plot was just too much disbelief to suspend, even for a comic book.

Felt more like Iron Man 2 to me.
    We'll go down in history as the first society that wouldn't save itself because it wasn't cost effective ~ Kurt Vonnegut

7. Likes:

SteelSD (12-27-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by RFS62 View Post
    Loved both of them, but thought the plot was just too much disbelief to suspend, even for a comic book.

That's interesting, because while I was watching WW84, I started thinking about comparisons to the worst super hero movie's ever made. X-Men 3, Iron Man 2, Elektra, Daredevil (the non-Director's cut), Batman and Robin, Superman Returns, Green Lantern, and even Catwoman came to mind. I agree with you. There was almost nothing about the plot that was within the realm of comic book semi-believable.

Luckily, I got in on a 7-day free trial for HBO Max, so I'll finish binging Titans and burn through the Lovecraft series season and cancel.
    "The problem with strikeouts isn't that they hurt your team, it's that they hurt your feelings..." --Rob Neyer

"The single most important thing for a hitter is to get a good pitch to hit. A good hitter can hit a pitch that’s over the plate three times better than a great hitter with a ball in a tough spot.”
    --Ted Williams

Quote Originally Posted by RFS62 View Post

I get your point, but I have yet to see a superhero movie, or a James Bond movie for that matter, where I didn't have to suspend belief. I was entertained, which is about all I hope for.
    "Hey...Dad. Wanna Have A Catch?" Kevin Costner in "Field Of Dreams."

Wonder Woman is getting torn apart, legit first person I’ve seen say this is not terrible.
    What would you say.....ya do here?

I haven’t seen WW84, but it’s getting solid reviews from critics and viewers.

Attachment 16849
    Hoping to change my username to 75769023

Quote Originally Posted by RedsBaron View Post
    I get your point, but I have yet to see a superhero movie, or a James Bond movie for that matter, where I didn't have to suspend belief. I was entertained, which is about all I hope for.
    It is weird with comic book, super hero movies. I see it all the time. People refuse to believe that a character would quit their job and that ruins the movie for them, but they have no problem accepting that the super hero is an infinite being with a magic lasso that flies in an invisible plane.

Quote Originally Posted by 757690 View Post
    I haven’t seen WW84, but it’s getting solid reviews from critics and viewers.

Attachment 16849
    It wasn’t good.

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    Wonder Woman is getting torn apart, legit first person I’ve seen say this is not terrible.
    I've seen it twice now, and I loved it!
    My dad got to enjoy 3 Reds World Championships by the time he was my age. So far, I've only gotten to enjoy one. Step it up Redlegs!

5.7 on IMDB is a terrible rating and it's continuing to drop as more people see it...

They call me "chef"

I don’t like the WW movies much (I’ve only seen half of each one) but they’re 10 out of 10 movies when compared to the rest of the DC comic book movies. The amount of nerd rage being directed at the new one on social media feels like holiday boredom at best and frustrated young male energy and toxicity at worst.

17. Likes:

757690 (12-28-2020),M2 (12-28-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by Larry Schuler View Post
    I don’t like the WW movies much (I’ve only seen half of each one) but they’re 10 out of 10 movies when compared to the rest of the DC comic book movies.
    The ultimate proof of this point is Justice League. It has Wonder Woman in it, and it’s terrible and her scenes in it are terrible.

Quote Originally Posted by 757690 View Post
    The ultimate proof of this point is Justice League. It has Wonder Woman in it, and it’s terrible and her scenes in it are terrible.
    Doesn’t prove anything imho, justice league sucked too.

Turn Off Ads?