Turn Off Ads?
Page 7 of 68 FirstFirst ... 345678910111757 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Redszone TV Thread, Part II

Re: Official Redszone TV Thread, Part II

Watched Episode 1 of Daredevil last night and was in awe. Totally blows away Agent Carter and Agents of SHIELD (though I only got through one season of that).

Bravo, Netflix.
    I don't like to sound egotistical, but every time I stepped up to the plate with a bat in my hands, I couldn't help but feel sorry for the pitcher.
    -Rogers Hornsby

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by ac084c View Post
    Watched Episode 1 of Daredevil last night and was in awe. Totally blows away Agent Carter and Agents of SHIELD (though I only got through one season of that).

Bravo, Netflix.
    Daredevil would have been better had it condensed episodes 5-12 into 4 episodes. Episodes 11 and 12 were especially bad, in this regard. Overall I liked it, but the first 1/3 of the shows were better than the last 2/3.

Agents of Shield is a completely different type of show than Daredevil, I really wish they would stop comparing the two. Quick MCU connection, Matt Murdock and Skye would have been at Saint Agnes Orphanage at the same time.
    Hugs, smiling, and interactive Twitter accounts, don't mean winning baseball. Until this community understands that we are cursed to relive the madness.

Quote Originally Posted by LoganBuck View Post
    Daredevil would have been better had it condensed episodes 5-12 into 4 episodes. Episodes 11 and 12 were especially bad, in this regard. Overall I liked it, but the first 1/3 of the shows were better than the last 2/3.

Agents of Shield is a completely different type of show than Daredevil, I really wish they would stop comparing the two. Quick MCU connection, Matt Murdock and Skye would have been at Saint Agnes Orphanage at the same time.
    I'm through the first 5 episodes now and still think this show is excellent.... culmination of Episode 4 especially was amazing. I haven't seen Vincent Denofrio in a role like this since Full Metal Jacket.

I wasn't trying to compare those shows, just saying that for MCU products (though with very different genres) Daredevil has easily been the best one for me.
    I don't like to sound egotistical, but every time I stepped up to the plate with a bat in my hands, I couldn't help but feel sorry for the pitcher.
    -Rogers Hornsby

I would suggest giving Agents of SHIELD another chance. It's become a decent show in season 2.

Almost finished with Bloodline on Netflix. I have thoroughly enjoyed it and would recommend it.

I've finished 'Daredevil' and 'The Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt' in the past week. Those two could be the same show.
    It is on the whole probable that we continually dream, but that consciousness makes such a noise that we do not hear it. Carl Jung.

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Deadbeat on Hulu - Season 2 is out. Just finished it. Loved it. Where season 3 goes will be interesting.... but I already am tired of waiting and I finished the last episode this afternoon.

Rewatching Aaron Sorkins Sports Night. God i love this show, anyone watch it way back when?

Quote Originally Posted by CoachBombay View Post
    Rewatching Aaron Sorkins Sports Night. God i love this show, anyone watch it way back when?
    I did, still a great show.
    Go Gators!

Never missed an episode. I still think of those roles when I see the actors.
    It is on the whole probable that we continually dream, but that consciousness makes such a noise that we do not hear it. Carl Jung.

12. Likes:

bucksfan2 (05-11-2015)

Big Time in Hollywood Florida is so dumb that it may actually be the funniest TV show of all time

Watched it in reruns. Some good stuff and brilliantly acted. But overall I think it was overrated. The whole Dana/Casey thing was annoying. If you've watched The West Wing and Studio 60 and his other works, there are a lot of his tropes in there. Mainly intelligent, competent women who for some reason are trainwrecks in their personal lives. It probably didn't help that Sorkin was doing The West Wing and crack at the same time he was doing Sports Night.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

Still, it was better than the other show that was loosely based on SportsCenter, '30 Rock'.

Wow with the last episode of Madmen, Kiernan Shipka, January Jones. This episode will get some rewards.
    http://diamondvisits.blogspot.com/ My Minor League stadium review site.

I picked Agents of Shield back up and got through the first season on Netflix. It definitely picks up in the second half and I really appreciated the tie-in with the plot of CA:WS.

That being said... 22 episodes is a ton in a season... especially with 40+ minute shows.
    -Rogers Hornsby

Turn Off Ads?