Turn Off Ads?
Page 6 of 68 FirstFirst ... 23456789101656 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Redszone TV Thread, Part II

Re: Official Redszone TV Thread, Part II

I just finished The Newsroom. What a great show. So what if I cried a little. Also, Shameless. Wow.

2. Turn Off Ads?

This news is about a month old, but I just saw a FB post by Idris Elba that he's currently (early March) filming a new season of Luther. I was afraid this wouldn't happen. Luther has made its way into my all-time top five series.
    It is on the whole probable that we continually dream, but that consciousness makes such a noise that we do not hear it. Carl Jung.

4. Likes:

cincinnati chili (01-07-2016),RichRed (03-30-2015)

Season 5 of the Walking Dead, from top to bottom, was the best of the series.

Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Season 5 of the Walking Dead, from top to bottom, was the best of the series.
    That was a great final episode.
    "I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings."

Hitters who avoid outs are the funnest.

7. Likes:

Raisor (04-11-2015)

I am thinking the final message Weiner is going to leave with Madmen is that no one from this era was content with their life.

Last weeks episode was good even though it didn't operate on all cylinders.
    http://diamondvisits.blogspot.com/ My Minor League stadium review site.

Just watched episode one of Daredevil on Netflix. Perfect.

Yeah. Just finished the first two and I'm really enjoying it.

11. Likes:

MikeThierry (04-13-2015)

I binged watched this weekend and I agree. It was perfect. I'll go further and say it's the best superhero TV show of all time. I was totally blown away by it. By the way, did you feel that the hall way fight scene in the second episode was one of the best fighting sequences you've seen in a tv show or movie? Directors doing action flicks need to watch that and take notes. That's how you film an action sequence.

"It's three in the morning, you know why you're here. Do you want a drink or not?"

14. Likes:

MikeThierry (04-15-2015)

Quote Originally Posted by MikeThierry View Post
    I binged watched this weekend and I agree. It was perfect. I'll go further and say it's the best superhero TV show of all time. I was totally blown away by it. By the way, did you feel that the hall way fight scene in the second episode was one of the best fighting sequences you've seen in a tv show or movie? Directors doing action flicks need to watch that and take notes. That's how you film an action sequence.
    Daredevil was excellent. Love that from a tone perspective it's so different than anything Marvel Studios has done before, but they nailed it. Set the bar really high for the rest of the Marvel series they're releasing on Netflix. Vincent D'Onofrio absolutely knocked it out of the park and has my vote for best villain in any of the Marvel productions. I hope he at least gets nominated for some kind of award for his performance.

I'll admit to being a bigger DC fan than Marvel so I'll stop short of crowning it my favorite comic-based show (that's The Flash for me, which I think is killing it in just the first season) but they took a character in Daredevil that I had pretty low interest in and motivated me to watch the whole series in two days.
    "It's still a long way to the top if we want to rock'n'roll, but at least they dumped the tuba player."
    --M2

16. Likes:

MikeThierry (04-15-2015)

I'm a bigger DC fan too, but I got hooked on Daredevil during Frank Miller's legendary run. I've watched the first two episodes, and I love the tone. A warning for the squeamish: this ain't Comic Book Violence.
    It is on the whole probable that we continually dream, but that consciousness makes such a noise that we do not hear it. Carl Jung.

Matt Murdoch is my favorite marvel character, has been since Born Again. This show have me goose bumps it was so good.
    I have two more eps to watch.

Is Daredevil worth watching if I don't care about superheroes? I liked Nolan's Batman trilogy.
    Turning and turning in the widening gyre
    The falcon cannot hear the falconer;

20. Likes:

MikeThierry (04-15-2015)

Quote Originally Posted by Redsfaithful View Post
    Is Daredevil worth watching if I don't care about superheroes? I liked Nolan's Batman trilogy.
    I think so. There are some similarities to Nolan's Batman movies, some of the same themes.

22. Likes:

Redsfaithful (04-17-2015)

Quote Originally Posted by Redsfaithful View Post
    It's actually almost like Nolan's Batman trilogy where it's a crime story that happens to have a guy being a superhero; not a superhero story and everything else fits around it, almost forced. Even for non-superhero fans it's a good watch. From my understanding, both the Nolan Trilogy and Daredevil on netflix take from Frank Miller's version of each character so there are some similarities there.

I'll admit to being a bigger DC fan than Marvel so I'll stop short of crowning it my favorite comic-based show (that's The Flash for me, which I think is killing it in just the first season) but they took a character in Daredevil that I had pretty low interest in and motivated me to watch the whole series in two days.
    I'm loving The Flash right now. I guess why I rate Daredevil so high is the production value. The cinematography is excellent, the direction is excellent, the acting is spot on, etc. It's probably unfair to use Daredevil as a metric to judge comic book TV shows because there is probably more funds for Daredevil being on Netflix.

Turn Off Ads?