Turn Off Ads?
Page 10 of 68 FirstFirst ... 678910111213142060 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Redszone TV Thread, Part II

Re: Official Redszone TV Thread, Part II

Despite M. Night Shyamalan's involvement, despite Matt Dillon's really terrible acting, the wife and I are really enjoying Wayward Pines so far.

2. Turn Off Ads?

I got spoiled on Wayward Pines, which is a shame, the previews looked interesting.
    Turning and turning in the widening gyre
    The falcon cannot hear the falconer;

True Detective is the most mumble-mouthed show I've ever watched. Every single characters speaks in a garbled whisper.

I'm sort of enjoying this season so far, but it's nowhere near as good as the first season.

Really liked the Mr. Robot pilot.

Potential Lunch Winner Dom Heffner's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NebraskaRed View Post
    True Detective is the most mumble-mouthed show I've ever watched. Every single characters speaks in a garbled whisper.

I'm sort of enjoying this season so far, but it's nowhere near as good as the first season.
    It took me a spell to catch on to this "Oh this is campy" thing, once I did, it's a little better.

But really- just because something is David Lynch-esque does not mean it's good, some of the dialogue is really bad, the coincidences are worse than a Seinfeld episode...

To your point about the audio- I had to go throuh about 5 different modes on the receiver to find one that let me hear what the heck they were saying.

The opening sequence with Vince Vaughn's monologue went on to the point where I wanted to fast forward it...

I like it, but I don't think it's because it's good.

http://youtu.be/crjkQHnDYu0

This is the trailer for my wife's new show that premiered at Comic Con today. Show is based on the Terry Brooks novels.

8. Likes:

757690 (07-19-2015),Dom Heffner (07-13-2015),marcshoe (07-12-2015)

Anyone else kinda feel like they didn't earn the violence of that last ten minutes of True Detective?
    "I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings."

Hitters who avoid outs are the funnest.

Quote Originally Posted by Razor Shines View Post
    Anyone else kinda feel like they didn't earn the violence of that last ten minutes of True Detective?
    Yes. They are repeating the same pattern with each episode: bad dialogue and boring conversations, a little tiny bit of progress made in the investigation, more bad dialogue and boring conversations that re-state the same thing again and again, then a WHOA LOOK AT THAT ending to make you forget the previous 45 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    http://youtu.be/crjkQHnDYu0

This is the trailer for my wife's new show that premiered at Comic Con today. Show is based on the Terry Brooks novels.
    Its going to be on MTV? that seems an odd place for a fantasy show.

the trailer looks really really good. I hope the plot/characters are as good as the effects/sets/costumes. if I recall from my youth the books were pretty good. if they don't deviate too much from the basic plot they'll be ok. the 2010 Clash of the Titans movie had some of the greatest source material ever & it was just awful because they twisted everything around (see also the Dwayne Johnson Hercules movie). The MCU movies (Iron Man, etc) are a great example of using the source material to make good movies.

if Shannara does well maybe we'll get the Dragonriders of Pern TV series!

Yea this season of True Detective has been super disappointing. The ending of last night's episode was just me watching some actors act out a violent scene. Wasn't suspenseful, didn't have me on the edge of my seat, wasn't believable, was just a scene.

I've watched every episode and really have no idea what's going on. End up screwing around on computer or phone during most episodes or I space out

13. Likes:

Razor Shines (07-18-2015)

Quote Originally Posted by NebraskaRed View Post

Last night episode was a little bit better but this seasons biggest problem is no one cares about the murder case and cant rival what was happening to those little girls out in the woods from Season 1. I cant believe that out of all the actors in this show I am enjoying Vince Vaughn and his character the most. I will continue to watch hoping for a huge payoff but I doubt I get it.
    http://diamondvisits.blogspot.com/ My Minor League stadium review site.

Quote Originally Posted by Will M View Post
    Its going to be on MTV? that seems an odd place for a fantasy show.

the trailer looks really really good. I hope the plot/characters are as good as the effects/sets/costumes. if I recall from my youth the books were pretty good. if they don't deviate too much from the basic plot they'll be ok. the 2010 Clash of the Titans movie had some of the greatest source material ever & it was just awful because they twisted everything around (see also the Dwayne Johnson Hercules movie). The MCU movies (Iron Man, etc) are a great example of using the source material to make good movies.

if Shannara does well maybe we'll get the Dragonriders of Pern TV series!
    MTV is a weird spot, but this is not a very MTV type show. A lot of networks are trying to do more high concept stuff to compete and this show has a nice budget (at least as much as "Teen Mom").

If you have read the books it actually starts in the 2nd book of the original trilogy which is "Elfstones of Shannara" and stays pretty close to the plot.

I've got to see the first 4 and have really enjoyed them.

I'll watch. Shanara was my first exposure to non-Tolkein high fantasy.
    It is on the whole probable that we continually dream, but that consciousness makes such a noise that we do not hear it. Carl Jung.

Potential Lunch Winner Dom Heffner's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Stray View Post
    Yea this season of True Detective has been super disappointing. The ending of last night's episode was just me watching some actors act out a violent scene. Wasn't suspenseful, didn't have me on the edge of my seat, wasn't believable, was just a scene.

I've watched every episode and really have no idea what's going on. End up screwing around on computer or phone during most episodes or I space out
    Not only is Taylor Kitsch's girlfriend pregnant, her gaydar is completely broken.

I think I'm out on this season, pretty dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by Dom Heffner View Post
    Not only is Taylor Kitsch's girlfriend pregnant, her gaydar is completely broken.

I think I'm out on this season, pretty dumb.
    I'm going to hate-watch the rest. It's only 4 more hours, anyway.

Never has a TV show concept gone from perfectly executed to unwatchable in one season. Of course, I have to finish watching.
    When all is said and done more is said than done.

Turn Off Ads?