Turn Off Ads?
Page 11 of 68 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314152161 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Redszone TV Thread, Part II

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Re: Official Redszone TV Thread, Part II

Last night I sat down and watched the final three episodes of Parks and Recreation. I held off on watching them because I didn't want it to end. It was wonderful, but now I'm just sad on the inside.

2. Likes:

BuckeyeRed27 (07-21-2015),Chip R (07-19-2015),Hillsdale87 (07-20-2015)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Something interesting about True Detective is that both seasons have loosely been based on true stories. There really are towns like Vinci in California:

http://www.latimes.com/local/califor...619-story.html

And season 1:

http://jezebel.com/did-a-horrifying-...-tr-1533541931

I think this is an interesting framework that could lead to more good seasons, even if one bombs here and there.
    Turning and turning in the widening gyre
    The falcon cannot hear the falconer;

Vernon had a PCL team too, all factories and a pro team

Last night's Hannibal (now moved to Saturday, as if we didn't get the message that NBC is washing its hands of the show) was the most messed-up hour of television I've ever seen. I don't often resort to absolutes, but this one doesn't take much thought. I won't include spoilers as such, but that pig. That eel.

Mason Verger makes Hannibal look normal.
    It is on the whole probable that we continually dream, but that consciousness makes such a noise that we do not hear it. Carl Jung.

I don't know if it was better or I was just trying harder but that episode held my attention more than any other.
    "I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings."

Hitters who avoid outs are the funnest.

Quote Originally Posted by Razor Shines View Post
    I don't know if it was better or I was just trying harder but that episode held my attention more than any other.
    It did have a different director than the last few and he told the story in a more straightforward way, without all the dreamlike cutaways to snails and such. The story was bizarre enough on its own, anyway.
    It is on the whole probable that we continually dream, but that consciousness makes such a noise that we do not hear it. Carl Jung.

9. Likes:

Razor Shines (07-19-2015)

Binged watch Wayward Pines. Me likey and had a great ending.
    http://diamondvisits.blogspot.com/ My Minor League stadium review site.

11. Likes:

NebraskaRed (07-31-2015)

Quote Originally Posted by marcshoe View Post
    It did have a different director than the last few and he told the story in a more straightforward way, without all the dreamlike cutaways to snails and such. The story was bizarre enough on its own, anyway.
    Just got around to watching it the other night and yeah that was messed up. The thing with the pig was next level messed up. I'm really going to miss this show.

I'm not sure that I've ever seen any show go from such a high to such a low in 2 seasons like True Detective has. Like literally one of the best shows I've ever watched to hate watching it the next year.

Homeland was able to rebound after some bad seasons, tho none as bad as this True Detective, but maybe TD can get it together if it gets another season or two.

If anything, the inevitable slow death that still keeps ppl tuning in like Dexter did is better. HBO is big and bad enough to demand better or nothing at all from TD.

Quote Originally Posted by Stray View Post
    I'm not sure that I've ever seen any show go from such a high to such a low in 2 seasons like True Detective has. Like literally one of the best shows I've ever watched to hate watching it the next year.

Homeland was able to rebound after some bad seasons, tho none as bad as this True Detective, but maybe TD can get it together if it gets another season or two.

If anything, the inevitable slow death that still keeps ppl tuning in like Dexter did is better. HBO is big and bad enough to demand better or nothing at all from TD.
    NSFW language

15. Likes:

BuckeyeRed27 (08-01-2015),dabvu2498 (08-01-2015),Razor Shines (07-31-2015),Stray (08-01-2015),TheBigLebowski (08-04-2015),wolfboy (08-03-2015)

Winning the Human Race TheBigLebowski's Avatar

F
    Quote Originally Posted by dabvu2498 View Post
    I'm going to hate-watch the rest. It's only 4 more hours, anyway.

Never has a TV show concept gone from perfectly executed to unwatchable in one season. Of course, I have to finish watching.
    It's probably surprising but I have never had any exposure to the phrase "hate watch" before.

And the concept has me LOL'ing.
    “The crows seem to be calling my name,” thought Caw.

17. Likes:

Razor Shines (08-02-2015)

"Wet Hot American Summer" on Netflix has been amazing. I've watched the first 6 so far.

19. Likes:

Larry Schuler (08-03-2015),NebraskaRed (08-04-2015),Razor Shines (08-03-2015),TheBigLebowski (08-04-2015)

Quote Originally Posted by TheBigLebowski View Post
    F
    It's probably surprising but I have never had any exposure to the phrase "hate watch" before.

And the concept has me LOL'ing.
    This guy pretty much nails it:

http://www.foxsports.com/college-foo...-review-080315
    When all is said and done more is said than done.

My biggest problem with True Detective was we were introduced to too many characters and last weeks reveal about the diamonds was a more interesting plot-line then who killed Ben Caspere. Also, some terrible dialogue that just makes no sense. I agree with everything this article says:

http://theconcourse.deadspin.com/let...you-1721692194
    http://diamondvisits.blogspot.com/ My Minor League stadium review site.

Quote Originally Posted by 19braves77 View Post
    My biggest problem with True Detective was we were introduced to too many characters and last weeks reveal about the diamonds was a more interesting plot-line then who killed Ben Caspere. Also, some terrible dialogue that just makes no sense. I agree with everything this article says:

http://theconcourse.deadspin.com/let...you-1721692194
    It's really bad storytelling. All the sudden there are orphan twins who play a pivotal role? Wut?

Turn Off Ads?