Turn Off Ads?
Page 4 of 63 FirstFirst 123456781454 ... LastLast

Thread: College Basketball 2014-15

Re: College Basketball 2014-15

I'm headed to Charles Koch Arena tonight for Alabama and Wichita State. Should be a fun environment. Dicky V will be in the house.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    The pride is back. Assembly Hall's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Red View Post
    I'm headed to Charles Koch Arena tonight for Alabama and Wichita State. Should be a fun environment. Dicky V will be in the house.
    Have fun man!!!!!!! Hope it is an entertaining game.

Looked like a good game. Wichita won by one point.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

Quote Originally Posted by cumberlandreds View Post
    Looked like a good game. Wichita won by one point.
    And the Shockers finished with a 13-1 run to win by 1. It was crazy loud in there during that run.

And the Shockers finished with a 13-1 run to win by 1. It was crazy loud in there during that run.

I am jealous!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have experienced a lot of live sporting events over the years. I have found the most intense environment, and most entertaining I might add, is a major college basketball game. I had season tickets for two years during the Jimmy Jackson era, and I will never forget the noise that the old tin roof barn known as St. John's Arena would generate. Still to this day the most memorable game ever was a game against Louisville that Ohio State made a furious comeback, but then kept on getting dagger threes from the Louisville guards every time the Bucks looked like they would pull away, but ended up winning the game in the end. It was crazy.
    Last edited by traderumor; 12-17-2014 at 04:19 PM.
    "Rounding 3rd and heading for home, good night everybody"

Scary stuff for Mick. An unruptured aneurysm was found and he won't be coaching the Bearcats today.

Hopefully that isn't as bad as it sounds, since it sounds absolutely awful. Hoping for the best.

http://www.gobearcats.com/sports/m-b...122014aaa.html

This Louisville/WKU game is hilarious. Players throwing punches, techs everywhere, coaches yelling at each other...good times.

Another year without competent bugs makes the Buckeyes hard to watch. They have some interesting young talent but how a program that has been a national contender can go three years running without attracting even a competent big man is inexcusable for Matta's recruiting staff
    "Rounding 3rd and heading for home, good night everybody"

Thanks a lot, Bowie Kuhn Revering4Blue's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Revering4Blue View Post
    How on earth did I forget about North Florida? I wouldn't quite count out Purdue to ultimately surprise, though. We'll see how they fare at Vandy tonight.

It's really difficult to project the B1G this year. I never put any stock into the ACC/B1G challenge, as the match-ups are determined by preseason polls and generally favor the home team. As of now, after Wisconsin and Ohio State -- not necessarily in that order -- it's anybody's guess as to who will finish where in the B1G.
    Or not.

I was there -- Crossroads Classic -- Saturday and witnessed firsthand the massacre against Notre Dame. And then the Boilers follow that up with a home loss to Gardner-Webb.

Good grief.
    Whatever you do, do your best to not allow the struggles of life to interfere with the pleasures of living.

Quote Originally Posted by Revering4Blue View Post
    Or not.

I was there -- Crossroads Classic -- Saturday and witnessed firsthand the massacre against Notre Dame. And then the Boilers follow that up with a home loss to Gardner-Webb.

Good grief.

Just pitiful. I am going to a "Purdue" house today for X-mas. This ought to be fun!!!!!!!!!!!!!

13. Likes:

Revering4Blue (12-25-2014),WMR (12-25-2014)

No idea where that shooting performance came from for the Bearcats tonight but I'm not complaining. 16 point win on the road at NC State...wow.

Maryland won their first ever Big Ten game last at Mich State. Game went double OT. Maryland looks pretty good. They are a real surprise early on this season. They had four players to transfer after last season. I thought they were going to be terrible.
    Last edited by cumberlandreds; 12-31-2014 at 09:54 AM.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

Ohio State lost to Iowa. They are weak down low this year. The guard play is solid but the rebounding is abysmal. It pains me to say it, as he went to my alma mater and I have heard he is a great kid, but Marc Loving is extremely soft.

Quote Originally Posted by cumberlandreds View Post
    Maryland won their first ever Big Ten game last at Mich State. Game went double OT. Maryland looks pretty good. They are a real surprise early on this season. They had four players to transfer after last season. I thought they were going to be terrible.
    I think Maryland is the best team in the conference right now. And I got a feeling at the end of the year, the top of the standings are going to surprise quite a few.

Turn Off Ads?