Turn Off Ads?
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Thread: Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Class of 2015 announced

Re: Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Class of 2015 announced

The most important punk rock band of the 1990s was Fugazi. What are the chances they'd ever be on a ballot?

2. Likes:

westofyou (12-28-2014)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by *BaseClogger* View Post
    The most important punk rock band of the 1990s was Fugazi. What are the chances they'd ever be on a ballot?
    About the same chance of them having t-shirts at their show with the band name on it?

5. Likes:

*BaseClogger* (12-29-2014)

Name:  tumblr_lwf0atLb711r74fq9o1_500.jpg
Views: 268
Size:  48.9 KB

Championships for MY teams in my lifetime:
    Cincinnati Reds - 75, 76, 90
    Chicago Blackhawks - 10, 13, 15
    University of Kentucky - 78, 96, 98, 12
    Chicago Bulls - 91, 92, 93, 96, 97, 98

“Everything that happens before Death is what counts.”
    ― Ray Bradbury, Something Wicked This Way Comes

For a Level Playing Field

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post
    Like these guys?

Some fans of early "solo" Ozzy Osbourne might recognize that drummer.

Quote Originally Posted by vaticanplum View Post
    Too soon to tell on the Black Keys
    I was at the Rock and Roll hall of fame yesterday and they already have a section devoted to The Black Keys, so, yeah...

They also have more Beyoncé stuff than Aerosmith, Metallica, Allman Brothers, and Nirvana stuff.

I was disgusted.

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    I was at the Rock and Roll hall of fame yesterday and they already have a section devoted to The Black Keys, so, yeah...

They also have more Beyoncé stuff than Aerosmith, Metallica, Allman Brothers, and Nirvana stuff.

I was disgusted.
    They're far more afraid of Kanye West! LOL
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post
    Like these guys?

The girl in the red dress had the most talent of anyone in that band as far as I'm concerned! LOL
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

I just recently had a co-worker ask me about a band I knew nothing about ... Gov't Mule. I did do some research and discovered they were an off-shoot from a couple guys who played with the Allman Brothers. Other then that, I know very little about them, other then they're recent Pink Floyd tribute Album "Dark Side Of The Mule" got excellent reviews, is worth listening, and I'm probably going to pick it up.

What is other's opinion on this band?

Quote Originally Posted by GAC View Post
    I just recently had a co-worker ask me about a band I knew nothing about ... Gov't Mule. I did do some research and discovered they were an off-shoot from a couple guys who played with the Allman Brothers. Other then that, I know very little about them, other then they're recent Pink Floyd tribute Album "Dark Side Of The Mule" got excellent reviews, is worth listening, and I'm probably going to pick it up.

What is other's opinion on this band?
    Warren Haynes plays with Gov't Mule. Started as a side project of some Allman Bros dudes in the 90s.

I love The Allman Brothers band and do not like Gov't Mule at all. I cannot stand the singing of Haynes and think his guitar play, while skilled, generic.

If you are looking for a nice taste of southern rock by a band you likely haven't heard of before I suggest Tea Leaf Green.

This is a great song to start. One of my favorite songs that has come out since 2000.

Thanks RedTeamGo.

I'm an old fart now, but I've always loved the Allman Brothers Band. In the past year I've bought the CDs of a couple albums of theirs I played to death in my younger days... Live At Fillmore East and Eat A Peach.

I really enjoyed Duane Allman. Thought he was one of the best slide guitarists I ever heard, and his collaboration with Clapton .... Layla and Other Assorted Love Songs... is on my All-time greatest album list. Clapton wrote later in his autobiography that he and Allman were inseparable during the sessions in Florida, and called Duane Allman the "musical brother I'd never had but wished I did."

Quote Originally Posted by GAC View Post
    Thanks RedTeamGo.

I'm an old fart now, but I've always loved the Allman Brothers Band. In the past year I've bought the CDs of a couple albums of theirs I played to death in my younger days... Live At Fillmore East and Eat A Peach.

I really enjoyed Duane Allman. Thought he was one of the best slide guitarists I ever heard, and his collaboration with Clapton .... Layla and Other Assorted Love Songs... is on my All-time greatest album list. Clapton wrote later in his autobiography that he and Allman were inseparable during the sessions in Florida, and called Duane Allman the "musical brother I'd never had but wished I did."
    Have you ever listened to the Live at Ludlow Garage 1970 CD?

http://www.allmusic.com/album/live-a...0-mw0000203523
    “In the same way that a baseball season never really begins, it never really ends either.” - Lonnie Wheeler, "Bleachers, A Summer in Wrigley Field"

The Baseball Emporium - Books & Things.

The Baseball Bookstore

http://tsc-sales.com/
    http://tscsales.blogspot.com/
    http://silverscreenbooks.com/

Nothing beats Whipping Post on that Live at Fillmore East album.

Quote Originally Posted by redsmetz View Post
    Have you ever listened to the Live at Ludlow Garage 1970 CD?

http://www.allmusic.com/album/live-a...0-mw0000203523
    Never have... but I'll give it a listen.

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post

I was disgusted.
    It's a business. They're appealing to the majority of people who visit the museum. More visitors would rather seen Beyonce stuff than any of the bands you mentioned.

Quote Originally Posted by NebraskaRed View Post
    It's a business. They're appealing to the majority of people who visit the museum. More visitors would rather seen Beyonce stuff than any of the bands you mentioned.
    Yeah, their rotating exhibits have nothing to do with who they've enshrined or intend to. They're not about historical context, they're about bringing people in (and in that sense, they should be current, IMO).
    There is no such thing as a pitching prospect.

Turn Off Ads?