Re: RIP Elly May Clampett

Elly May was 81! She will always be 16 to me. RIP
    Reds Fan Since 1971

4. Likes:

westofyou (01-02-2015)

Went to the cement pond in the sky

6. Likes:

cumberlandreds (01-05-2015),Roy Tucker (01-06-2015)

Alot of critters lost a dear friend.
    "Boys, I'm one of those umpires that misses 'em every once in a while so if it's close, you'd better hit it." Cal Hubbard

8. Likes:

cumberlandreds (01-05-2015)

Donna Douglas was in one of the most intriguing episodes of The Twilight Zone. Here's the bit written up in her Washington Post obit:

Ms. Douglas starred in one of the most memorable episodes of Rod Serling’s “The Twilight Zone.” Titled “Eye of the Beholder,” it was the one in which her head is wrapped in bandages for most of the half-hour after plastic surgery aimed at fixing her “ugliness,” which in fact was beauty in a universe of monsters.

If you've never seen it, you should give it a watch. I've known teachers who've used this episode in their classes.
    “In the same way that a baseball season never really begins, it never really ends either.” - Lonnie Wheeler, "Bleachers, A Summer in Wrigley Field"

The Baseball Emporium - Books & Things.

The Baseball Bookstore

http://tsc-sales.com/
    http://tscsales.blogspot.com/
    http://silverscreenbooks.com/

10. Likes:

RedFanAlways1966 (01-05-2015),Tom Servo (01-08-2015)

^ I agree that is one of Twilight Zone's best shows.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

12. Likes:

redsmetz (01-04-2015)

Huge crush on her when I was little.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

Quote Originally Posted by redsmetz View Post
    Donna Douglas was in one of the most intriguing episodes of The Twilight Zone. Here's the bit written up in her Washington Post obit:

Ms. Douglas starred in one of the most memorable episodes of Rod Serling’s “The Twilight Zone.” Titled “Eye of the Beholder,” it was the one in which her head is wrapped in bandages for most of the half-hour after plastic surgery aimed at fixing her “ugliness,” which in fact was beauty in a universe of monsters.

If you've never seen it, you should give it a watch. I've known teachers who've used this episode in their classes.
    I didn't realize the connection. Thanks for posting that. I asked my daughter if she remembered that show and she replied "of course! Who could forget that episode?"

15. Likes:

redsmetz (01-08-2015)

Not too many know this, but her son was a somewhat famous boxer.

James Douglas had his moment in the sun in 1990, when he knocked out the previously undefeated Mike Tyson.

When asked how her son's career compared to her own, she said plainly:

"I just wanna be who I am. And I ain't goin' to no France!"

"Well, come on, baby... let's wrestle. This here's what I call the Clampett Clamp."

Donna Douglas would have been 86. If she had lived for another 5 years.
    Last edited by Bob Sheed; 01-05-2015 at 07:15 PM.
    "Lemonade requires a significant amount of sugar. Otherwise, you've just made lemon juice."

On the subject of famous boxers, Max Baer Jr who played Jethro was the son of former heavy weight champ Max Baer. He was featured in the movie Cinderella Man but was made out to be a real ass.

If Jethro and Elly Mae got together and made their own lil critter, it would of been one heck of a boxer.
    "Boys, I'm one of those umpires that misses 'em every once in a while so if it's close, you'd better hit it." Cal Hubbard

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Sheed View Post
    Not too many know this, but her son was a somewhat famous boxer.

James Douglas had his moment in the sun in 1990, when he knocked out the previously undefeated Mike Tyson.

When asked how her son's career compared to her own, she said plainly:

"I just wanna be who I am. And I ain't goin' to no France!"

"Well, come on, baby... let's wrestle. This here's what I call the Clampett Clamp."

Donna Douglas would have been 86. If she had lived for another 5 years.
    Buster Douglas is about as related to Donna Douglas as Frederick Douglas...as in not. One can tell just by looking at them that there's no resemblance.

19. Likes:

Kingspoint (01-08-2015)

Elvis, who would have turned 80 today, had a pretty hot fling with Donna Douglas. "Frankie and Johnnie " was a fun movie, as were all of Elvis'movies.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    Buster Douglas is about as related to Donna Douglas as Frederick Douglas...as in not. One can tell just by looking at them that there's no resemblance.
    Wow what was I thinking?
    "Lemonade requires a significant amount of sugar. Otherwise, you've just made lemon juice."

Turn Off Ads?