Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 72 FirstFirst 12345671353 ... LastLast

Thread: 2015 Bengals Discussion

Re: 2015 Bengals Offseason

Quote Originally Posted by Big Red Smokey View Post
    I want Greg Hardy....badly.
    As a Panthers fan - be careful what you wish for. The dude is a beast on the field, but he is a monster off the field. Literally body slammed his girlfriend/fiance onto a bed full of assault weapons.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    As a Panthers fan - be careful what you wish for. The dude is a beast on the field, but he is a monster off the field. Literally body slammed his girlfriend/fiance onto a bed full of assault weapons.
    Just one year.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

From PFF on the signing of Hawk...

From Profootballfocus...

Those expecting a return to Green Bay for A.J. Hawk in the immediate future will be shocked to learn the former first round pick has signed with the Bengals per Mike McCartney on a two-year deal. Hawk has a lot of fans for the leadership and character he brought to Green Bay, but he’s never lived up to the expectation of a fifth overall pick. He’s never had a year where he’s graded positively and has always been something of a liability in the run game, where he’s never been the best at getting off blocks. His grade last year was a -14.4 and while the Bengals have reclaimed more than their fare share of projects, this may be the most impressive if they can coax a strong performance out of him.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

After Winston, the first real Bengals' news of Free Agency, and the first news of anyone not on the team last year that would make the team better (Hawk makes them worse...the Packers are now better by subtraction).

From PFF...

Per Ian Rapoport, defensive tackle Nick Fairley is visiting the Cincinnati Bengals tomorrow morning. Fairley was having another strong season, with 22 pressures in the first half of the season before an injury ruined his year. He’d add to a defensive line that already include the talented Geno Atkins, who the Bengals will be hoping can get back to his best in 2015.

Fairly has always had motivation issues. I'd rather get a slightly less talented Terrance Knighton, or a less talented Dan Williams. Greater chance of a bust with Fairly.
    Last edited by Kingspoint; 03-10-2015 at 07:03 PM.

From Rotoworld w/ Rotoworld comments:

Bengals re-signed LG Clint Boling.

Rotoworld's No. 3 free-agent guard, Boling had been drawing interest from the Vikings and Jets. He's started 44 games for Cincinnati over the past three years, rebounding nicely from a torn ACL last season. Boling is an above-average run blocker who holds his own in the passing game. His return is good news for Hue Jackson's offense.

Source: Geoff Hobston on Twitter

The Bengals are working late tonight. What's up with that?

With a weak QB, a viable plan is to make a dominant O-Line, and that's what the signing of Boling does, though it means that some other position will have to be underpaid to balance it out.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingspoint View Post
    From PFF on the signing of Hawk...

From Profootballfocus...

Those expecting a return to Green Bay for A.J. Hawk in the immediate future will be shocked to learn the former first round pick has signed with the Bengals per Mike McCartney on a two-year deal. Hawk has a lot of fans for the leadership and character he brought to Green Bay, but he’s never lived up to the expectation of a fifth overall pick. He’s never had a year where he’s graded positively and has always been something of a liability in the run game, where he’s never been the best at getting off blocks. His grade last year was a -14.4 and while the Bengals have reclaimed more than their fare share of projects, this may be the most impressive if they can coax a strong performance out of him.
    My only hope is that he'll be better in the 4-3 than he was in a 3-4. But overall it is a very disappointing move considering the holes at LB.

Glad to see them re-sign Boling and I would be happy with a roll of the dice on Fairly.

Quote Originally Posted by RiverRat13 View Post
    My only hope is that he'll be better in the 4-3 than he was in a 3-4. But overall it is a very disappointing move considering the holes at LB.

Glad to see them re-sign Boling and I would be happy with a roll of the dice on Fairly.
    Hopefully, Hawk never has to start or play more than 250 snaps in a season.

You're being very UnDude. sonny's Avatar

I like the Hawk signing. If not only for leadership but he's still got some gas in the tank. I tend to believe that GB's linebackers graded kind of poor because Matthews is flying around like an idiot leaving the rest of the corps out to dry. Put in a good system, I think Hawk will do just fine.
    Witty signature.

From Rotoworld....

Bengals re-signed CB Chris Lewis-Harris. Lewis-Harris was an exclusive rights free agent. He'll be back at the minimum to compete for a roster spot after playing just one defensive snap last season.

Any word on how the Fairley visit went yesterday?

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    Any word on how the Fairley visit went yesterday?
    Once MJ got released by the Bucs, the Bengals basically put on hold negotiations with Fairley. Fairley went to the RAMS for a visit today. Paul Dehner and Geoff Hobson both wrote that the Bengals have spent all of their money (gee...never heard this "lie" before, because God forbid, they actually cut someone who is ineffective like Peko and free up $3.5M, or restructure a contract to free up more monies), and only have enough money to sign one more "Starter". So, if they sign a DE, such as MJ, then they won't try to sign Fairley. That $5M they are spending on Maualuga for 2015 looks really good right now.

However, if you're MJ, it's pretty much a no-brainer that you go and play for the better Coach in Mike Zimmer, whom you had your most success with. MJ would take Brian Robison's place in Minnesota.

With Greg Hardy having half a dozen or more suitors, the Bengals will begin their annual run at "Tier D" and "Tier F" players, hoping to find a diamond-in-the-rough. Hardy was never a realistic option for the Bengals because they would have to actually be pro-active to get him.

Quote Originally Posted by sonny View Post
    I like the Hawk signing. If not only for leadership but he's still got some gas in the tank. I tend to believe that GB's linebackers graded kind of poor because Matthews is flying around like an idiot leaving the rest of the corps out to dry. Put in a good system, I think Hawk will do just fine.
    Can't say that i agree that the problem with the Packers' linebackers was the play of an all-pro playmaker. Peppers wasn't the problem either. The problem will now be with Cincinnati. AJ's a good guy who never gets hurt but no one connected with the Packer organization was sorry to see him go.

Quote Originally Posted by Mutaman View Post
    Can't say that i agree that the problem with the Packers' linebackers was the play of an all-pro playmaker. Peppers wasn't the problem either. The problem will now be with Cincinnati. AJ's a good guy who never gets hurt but no one connected with the Packer organization was sorry to see him go.
    As a Bengals fan, I find it to be a waste of time and resources having Hawk around the team.

According to ESPN, the Redskins and free agent S Taylor Mays have "mutual interest."

Source: John Keim on Twitter

Turn Off Ads?