Turn Off Ads?
Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4567891011 LastLast

Thread: Redszone Dynasty League 2015 -- Season 7

Re: Redszone Dynasty League 2015 -- Season 7

Quote Originally Posted by Will M View Post
    so the Padres trade for Kimbrel which means I lose a closer (Benoit). And Ben beats me to Grilli (now the Braves closer) by 5 minutes. Ouch!

I did grab Grilli in another league & had one of those panic moments trying to figure out who to drop knowing sometimes every second counts.
    I'm just a thorn in your side this week - sorry!

Right place, right time for me on Grilli...was out with the family all day and just came across the Kimbrel news after getting home...one of those "If I don't grab him someone else will" deals.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Yeah I went to grab Grilli and he was long gone already.

Sitting solo in 1st place in the WHIP and ERA categories after 2 IP. Might just bench all my pitchers the rest of the way en route to 27 points in pitching on the year. Which wouldn't change my overall pitching ranking from last season which would allow me to focus on offense.

Might even get me to 7th place!

5. Likes:

AtomicDumpling (04-06-2015)

the defense of my title is off to a poor start. My team got "TRF disease" in the offseason, then Benoit lost his closer gig, & overall opening day was pretty meh. I got a fresh new closer (Chris Hatcher) but accidently left him on my bench.

Yet there was a sign of hope. My post post post post hype sleeper Travis Snider was 3-4. Joey Bautista 2.0 baby!

Stat geek...and proud

Who started Latos tonight? This guy!

8. Likes:

AtomicDumpling (04-08-2015),kaldaniels (04-08-2015)

Quote Originally Posted by gilpdawg View Post
    ouch!

TRF disease has claimed another victim (Jaso). It has even spread to my other teams.
    Guys, together we can find a cure.
    Maybe a mascot, marathon or a telethon is in order.

Quote Originally Posted by gilpdawg View Post
    I see your Latos and I raise you Taijuan Walker.

I wanted Walker on every team this year & didn't get him once. Multiple bullets dodged. I feel like Neo in The Matrix.

I see that my DL disease has now been officially named. looks like i still have it to some degree.
    Dubito Ergo Cogito Ergo Sum.

Avoiding the DL is a "skill". I factor that into any acquisition for my fantasy teams. Granted, it's mostly luck, but I tend to trade away players like Alex Wood because of pitching mechanics despite not much of an injury history (yet). I was also quick to trade away Collin McHugh because of how frequently he relies on breaking balls, which can greatly increase the likelihood of elbow surgery. Again, it's mostly luck, but there are certain types of players who are going to get injured more often than others. If I didn't have such a strong need for Matt Harvey to be successful, he'd probably be on the trading block right now (since past injury is the most likely indicator of future injury).

Quote Originally Posted by camisadelgolf View Post
    Avoiding the DL is a "skill". I factor that into any acquisition for my fantasy teams. Granted, it's mostly luck, but I tend to trade away players like Alex Wood because of pitching mechanics despite not much of an injury history (yet). I was also quick to trade away Collin McHugh because of how frequently he relies on breaking balls, which can greatly increase the likelihood of elbow surgery. Again, it's mostly luck, but there are certain types of players who are going to get injured more often than others. If I didn't have such a strong need for Matt Harvey to be successful, he'd probably be on the trading block right now (since past injury is the most likely indicator of future injury).
    a couple years ago I traded away Chris Sale in a keepr league based on this kind of thinking. that one did not work out. I'm think all pitchers are one pitch away from disaster. we have gotten used to guys coming back from TJ surgery but when a guy hurts his shoulder its often the end. Marshall is a recent example. as for hitters I think there are guys who get banged up more than most. anyone can get hurt but some guys are always hurt and you have to factor that in. if Tulo is your SS you better have another guy on the roster than can fill in. Votto (unfortunately) is another guy who just gets hurt a lot. I bet someone at fangraphs has looked at this. One you go on the DL X times then you are just a guy who is gonna go on the DL more than most.

15. Likes:

camisadelgolf (04-16-2015)

Quote Originally Posted by Gallen5862 View Post
    I Accepted this trade.

GAllen5862 receives
    Archie Bradley
    Pick 3.9 in 2015 draft
    Pick 4.2 in 2015 draft

Atomic Dumpling receives
    GAllen5862's 1st round pick in the 2016 draft.
    GAllen5862's 2nd round pick in the 2016 draft.
    This is the trade I refer to in the group email.

The final trade itself I have no issue with, but if this trade was not finalized which I thought it was, I had a trade offer in mind for GAllens pick, but I was under the assumption this trade was in the books.

Quote Originally Posted by camisadelgolf View Post
    You don't need Matt Harvey... You need Hunter Harvey. I'll give you Hunter for Matt and throw in any one other N/A on my roster.

Because I'm generous like that.
    Dubito Ergo Cogito Ergo Sum.

Ahhhh! I have now learned the dangers of having 2 pitchers named A. Sanchez on my staff...I didn't want to start Aaron!

19. Likes:

AtomicDumpling (04-17-2015)

I liked Aaron Sanchez when he might be the Jays closer.
    As a rookie starter in a hitters park & AL East with control issues I didn't like him so much.
    It was a Trojan Horse move: I drop him, he looks good to you, you pick him up & Bam!

For every Jose Fernandez who rocks right out of the gate there are a dozen young starters who take a year or two to develop (or don't develop at all)

Turn Off Ads?