Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 77 FirstFirst 12345671353 ... LastLast

Thread: Ohio State Football 2015 [Defending National Champions]

Score Early, Score Often gonelong's Avatar

Re: Ohio State Football 2015 [Defending National Champions]

I think more than anything the strength of the OF line will be a detriment to Miller's chances at being the starting QB (assuming he is completely healthy). The OF line is very solid, so Miller's inhuman ability to avoid 4 tacklers in a phone booth is not as valuable/necessary as it was earlier in his career.

Jones is not nearly the weapon either Miller or Barrett is with the read option so his chances to be the starting QB may rely on one of the receivers ability to step up as a consistent downfield threat.

Of the 3, I prefer Barrett. I think week in and week out he would be the steadiest of the three options and give tOSU the highest chance of returning to the playoff. I also think he is probably not the starting quarterback in 2015.

I am going to be very disappointed for two of these guys come the fall. If they are all healthy, one of these guys will be told he is a 3rd stringer. If you put yourself in any of their shoes that has to be disappointing (and particularly crushing to Miller and Cardale).

I really wonder if Meyer will pick a 1A and 1B and give them both significant playing time?

Code:
    Passing
    NAME		CMP	ATT	YDS	CMP%	YDS/A	TD	INT	RAT
    J.T. Barrett	203	314	2834	64.7	9.03	34	10	169.8 (2014)
    Cardale Jones	56	92	860	60.9	9.35	7	2	160.2 (2014)
    Braxton Miller	162	255	2094	63.5	8.21	24	7	158.1 (2013)

Rushing
    NAME		CAR	YDS	AVG	LONG	TD
    J.T. Barrett	171	938	5.5	86 (TD)	11	(2014)
    Cardale Jones	72	296	4.1	27	1	(2014)
    Braxton Miller	171	1068	6.2	70 (TD)	12 	(2013)

2. Turn Off Ads?

I'm still of the belief that Miller will never play another game in a Buckeye uniform.

Quote Originally Posted by jimbo View Post
    I'm still of the belief that Miller will never play another game in a Buckeye uniform.
    Agreed. Miller will go through spring camp and if he doesn't like his chances at seeing the field at QB, he'll bolt. Russell Wilson didn't announce his transfer to Wisconsin until late June.

Quote Originally Posted by BillDoran View Post
    Agreed. Miller will go through spring camp and if he doesn't like his chances at seeing the field at QB, he'll bolt. Russell Wilson didn't announce his transfer to Wisconsin until late June.
    He won't be able to participate in spring camp though, so what is he going to glean from that that he doesn't already know?

6. Likes:

BillDoran (02-21-2015)

Didn't Miller reinjure the shoulder last year during a simple throwing exercise in practice?

Going forward, it just seems his ability to keep that shoulder healthy is going to be shaky. I dunno though, I'm not a doctor.

If he has any aspiration to play in the NFL, shouldn't he begin a position-change now?
    Quote Originally Posted by fipp View Post
    How old are you? Do you want to be humiliated?

Apparently, Georgia don't want none.

Georgia and Ohio State had a memorandum of understanding to play in 2020 and 2021. But that was canceled by Ohio State, and McGarity said it will not be revived.

"Once Urban came in that was off the table," McGarity said of Urban Meyer, hired as Ohio State coach in 2012.
    I am not surprised that he would think it, but I am surprised he would say that out loud.

OSU asked out of the 20/21 GA games due to the B1G partnering with the Pac12 to have home/away games. The GA game was replaced by a home/away with Oregon.

GL

Bucks pick up a nice verbal for the 2016 class over the weekend, 4-star WR Austin Mack. He is a good sized receiver, 6'2" 205 lbs.

GL

10. Likes:

jimbo (06-08-2015),villain612 (06-17-2015)

You're being very UnDude. sonny's Avatar

I think JT takes a medical redshirt this year. Just a feeling.
    Witty signature.

Quote Originally Posted by sonny View Post
    He already redshirtted his true freshman year. I think they would have to file for a special exemption to get another one.

I think Barrett is Urban's guy, but I also think that Cardale brings something that few players in football do, an absolute cannon of an arm.

Quote Originally Posted by sonny View Post
    It's a possibility, but it doesn't seem to serve much of a purpose. He's already burned his traditional redshirt and were he to lose out on the starting spot in 2015-2016, he's the odds on favorite to start the following two seasons. The medical redshirt would add yet another year. I'd think it's more likely he'll have proven himself and be ready for the NFL at that point or not met expectations/been passed by a younger QB.

That's assuming they don't need him this season. Even if he loses out on the starting bid, QBs are fragile (as we well learned last year). He'll want to play if there's an injury.

Since he was recovering from an ACL his frosh season, he may be able to seek out a 6th year, using that as a medical redshirt. I don't think you can even apply until your thru with your 5 seasons, by that point, a shot at the NFL draft may be calling more than a 6th season at OSU. Seems like a guy, that if he continues on the path he set forth last season would end up as a mid round selection in the draft. Not a cannon for an arm, but pretty accurate, smart football player and decent wheels. A speedier version of AJ McCarron if you will, who went in round 5 to the Bengals.
    Posting in the clutch since twenty ought two.

The 2016 recruiting class is gonna be a monster.

Nick Bosa hasn't even committed yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by fipp View Post
    How old are you? Do you want to be humiliated?

I'm kind of surprised that Miller hasn't transferred by now. He has to realize that he probably isn't at the top of the depth chart, at least I wouldn't think he would be. Admire his loyalty, but I think he is hurting his NFL chances by not finding an opportunity where he would be the guy.

Quote Originally Posted by gonelong View Post
    I will also be interested to see how roster management is handled this year. It sounds benign at this point, but I will want to see how it all goes down. I am not in favor of pushing kids out, however, I have no issue in laying the cards on the table and letting kids know where they stand with anticipated playing time, etc. as long as the kids is not pressured to leave, transfer, etc.
    Rumor has it Marcelys Jones is leaving Ohio State (looking at KY).

It was reported last week incoming commit Mirko Jurkovic wouldn't enroll due to academics.

This leaves Ohio State at 84 scholarships for the 2015 season.

GL

Quote Originally Posted by gonelong View Post
    Rumor has it Marcelys Jones is leaving Ohio State (looking at KY).

It was reported last week incoming commit Mirko Jurkovic wouldn't enroll due to academics.

This leaves Ohio State at 84 scholarships for the 2015 season.

GL
    Eleven Warriors reported Jones was leaving. Said he had yet to crack the two deep at OL. UK was mentioned as the landing spot for him.

Turn Off Ads?