Turn Off Ads?
Page 4 of 77 FirstFirst 123456781454 ... LastLast

Thread: Ohio State Football 2015 [Defending National Champions]

Re: Ohio State Football 2015 [Defending National Champions]

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Score Early, Score Often gonelong's Avatar

Laughable how quick the narrative changes after the dust has settled when they are always so sure of themselves before hand.

- http://www.foxsports.com/college-foo...nt-test-071615
    How many starters on the SEC's top team - Auburn, according to the league's media - would start for the Buckeyes this year?
    Auburn should replicate how Ohio State used Cardale Jones, says Gary Danielson
    Pollack believes defending national champion Ohio State, which beat Alabama, 42-35, in the College Football Playoff semifinals, is still the best team in college football.
    Last year I said this:
    - http://www.redszone.com/forums/showt...=1#post3211726
    Weak or strong is only a perception until the dust settles. You, nor I, nor anyone has shown the ability to consistently determine when a conferences has stepped ahead of, or behind another.
    I am still in favor of a 8 team playoff with the 5 power conferences each sending their league champ.

GL

Quote Originally Posted by gonelong View Post
    Bucks pick up a nice verbal for the 2016 class over the weekend, 4-star WR Austin Mack. He is a good sized receiver, 6'2" 205 lbs.

GL
    Mack was invited to play the Army All American bowl and the Under Armour All American Game.

GL

I missed this little nugget while I was on vacation ...

- http://collegespun.com/big-ten/ohio-...nated-the-tide

So what does a loss like that in the first-ever, four-team playoff do to a perennial program like the Crimson Tide? It forces it to call former Ohio State offensive coordinator Tom Herman, who is now the head coach of the Houston Cougars, and bring him to Tuscaloosa for a visit to pick his brain.
    Good on Alabama, that is how you make hay. (Similar to OSU going to Oregon last season). I have no issue with Herman talking to Alabama ... coaches share. OSU just has to be aware of this (and I am sure they are) if/when a rematch occurs.

GL

Based on what we saw last season, the returning players and the rest of the NCAA, Ohio State is in a class all by themselves going into this year in the same way the very best of the Alabama teams were a few years back.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

Nick Bosa has committed to tOSU.

https://twitter.com/nbsmallerbear/st...481408/photo/1

- From another article ...
    Bosa is the 18 commitment in Ohio State's 2016 recruiting class and becomes the third defensive end in the class, joining Jonathon Cooper and Terrell Hall. Each player is ranked in the top 10 at the position nationally.
    That doesn't suck.

GL

8. Likes:

jimbo (07-23-2015),villain612 (07-24-2015)

Braxton Mill tells Pete Thamel of SI.com he's moving to H-back for the 2015 season. WOW. Selfless move on his part, and also the right decision IMO. That OSU offense will be DEADLY.

Rumors started coming out last week about this. Basically Braxton's arm isn't healthy enough to compete, but this move makes a lot of sense either way.

What a great time to be a Buckeye fan.

This 2016 class may rival the 2013 one. Great job Urban and company.
    Quote Originally Posted by fipp View Post
    How old are you? Do you want to be humiliated?

12. Likes:

jimbo (07-24-2015)

Quote Originally Posted by villain612 View Post
    What a great time to be a Buckeye fan.

This 2016 class may rival the 2013 one. Great job Urban and company.
    For my money the best talent I have seen on OSU probably was from about 2002-2007 when they were turning out draft picks after draft picks. I think this next years team may have the best collection of overall talent in my memory, surpassing Tressel's glory years.

14. Likes:

villain612 (07-24-2015)

Quote Originally Posted by cincrazy View Post
    Braxton Mill tells Pete Thamel of SI.com he's moving to H-back for the 2015 season. WOW. Selfless move on his part, and also the right decision IMO. That OSU offense will be DEADLY.
    What's taking Urban so long to confirm this?

There are other rumors floating around that at least two WR will be suspended for the first couple of games.

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    http://www.cleveland.com/osu/index.s...millers_1.html

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    Also the coaches aren't allowed to watch any practice at the moment. Like the article says, they have talked about it, but haven't had any type of practice yet.

Quote Originally Posted by bucksfan2 View Post
    For my money the best talent I have seen on OSU probably was from about 2002-2007 when they were turning out draft picks after draft picks. I think this next years team may have the best collection of overall talent in my memory, surpassing Tressel's glory years.
    1996-98 was pretty darn great too but I don't disagree with you.

Meyer is in a perfect situation. Ohio is a top ten state for high school football and OSU dominates it in recruiting. He can nab 80% of his guys from Ohio at relative ease and then fill the gaps with kids from Georgia, Florida, Texas, etc. Quite different from his days in Florida when he had dozens of schools poaching top talent in his state. It also helps that the Big Ten is about the 3rd or 4th best power conference too, making the season not such a grind (not that I think they'd have any more losses in a tougher conference per se).

With what happened last year, even with one loss during the season, if the Bucks win the Big Ten title game, hard not to see them in the playoffs again. I like our chances.
    Quote Originally Posted by fipp View Post
    How old are you? Do you want to be humiliated?

Turn Off Ads?