Turn Off Ads?
Page 5 of 77 FirstFirst 1234567891555 ... LastLast

Thread: Ohio State Football 2015 [Defending National Champions]

Re: Ohio State Football 2015 [Defending National Champions]

In regards to expanding the playoff, right now I think 4 is the perfect number. IMO in order to go to 8 you would have to shorten the regular season by one game. Last year OSU played 15 games, a tremendous load on college players. I also think that the season ended at about the right time. I think had their been another game it would have seed like a drag. You can only expect so much out of 18-22 year old kids, expecting them to play the equivalent to more than half of the NFL teams is a little much.

Quote Originally Posted by villain612 View Post
    1996-98 was pretty darn great too but I don't disagree with you.

Meyer is in a perfect situation. Ohio is a top ten state for high school football and OSU dominates it in recruiting. He can nab 80% of his guys from Ohio at relative ease and then fill the gaps with kids from Georgia, Florida, Texas, etc. Quite different from his days in Florida when he had dozens of schools poaching top talent in his state. It also helps that the Big Ten is about the 3rd or 4th best power conference too, making the season not such a grind (not that I think they'd have any more losses in a tougher conference per se).

With what happened last year, even with one loss during the season, if the Bucks win the Big Ten title game, hard not to see them in the playoffs again. I like our chances.
    Cooper's teams were loaded, too bad he couldn't coach!

I think OSU will always do ok in Florida, even better with Urban at the helm. I think Florida is such a transient state that a team like OSU still gets some eyeballs in the state. What too often gets overlooked with Bosa and his brother committing to OSU is their uncle played at OSU. It isn't like there wasn't a connection with the school to start with. Urban at the helm and Miami being down will increase OSU's success in that state. Now if Urban begins to draw kids out of Alabama, Mississippi, and Louisiana I will think he has some greater powers.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Others might have mentioned this, but the book coming out next month The Chase , recapping last years championship season, by Rabinowitz of the Columbus Dispatch sounded like it might be promising. I ended up catching him the CBS National Radio Show The DA show last night. Sounds like it could be quite good.
    Last edited by Eric from NC; 07-25-2015 at 09:22 PM.

Urban and the gang landed Isaiah Pryor today, a top 50 safety from Georgia, yet another player taken from under the nose of Georgia and Mark Richt, and the rest of the south. As sick as the recruiting's been since Urban came aboard, it's only getting better. And that's a terrifying thought for the rest of the conference I imagine.

5. Likes:

Eric from NC (07-27-2015)

Score Early, Score Often gonelong's Avatar

http://www.elevenwarriors.com/ohio-s...-to-ohio-state

Meyer dipping into Georgia as 4-star Isaiah Pryor commits to 2017 tOSU class.

The 6-foot-2, 195-pound Pryor is the 10th commitment in Ohio State's 2017 recruiting class and becomes the third defensive back in the class, joining Marcus Williamson and Shaun Wade. Each player, like Pryor, is ranked in the top 10 at their position nationally.
    GL

Quote Originally Posted by cincrazy View Post
    Urban and the gang landed Isaiah Pryor today, a top 50 safety from Georgia, yet another player taken from under the nose of Georgia and Mark Richt, and the rest of the south. As sick as the recruiting's been since Urban came aboard, it's only getting better. And that's a terrifying thought for the rest of the conference I imagine.
    Rated (currently) as the 36th best player in the 2017 class, #2 among safeties. Also he is reportedly a very good student which never hurts.

GL

They have just announced Joey Bosa and three others are suspended for the season opener at Virginia Tech for violating some athletics department policy

Quote Originally Posted by Reds Fanatic View Post
    They have just announced Joey Bosa and three others are suspended for the season opener at Virginia Tech for violating some athletics department policy
    The others are Jalin Marshall, Donte Wilson and Corey Smith...so pretty big losses.

Rumors the policy was smoking weed....or more specifically getting caught doing it.

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    The others are Jalin Marshall, Donte Wilson and Corey Smith...so pretty big losses.

Rumors the policy was smoking weed....or more specifically getting caught doing it.
    Well that makes the Va Tech game more interesting.

The loss of Bosa will hurt, but I think the bigger loss is Marshall, he is a matchup nightmare. Wilson is Marshall light, and Smith has always seemed to disappoint.

Quote Originally Posted by bucksfan2 View Post
    Well that makes the Va Tech game more interesting.

The loss of Bosa will hurt, but I think the bigger loss is Marshall, he is a matchup nightmare. Wilson is Marshall light, and Smith has always seemed to disappoint.
    It's a big drop off from Bosa to whoever is the back up there.

I really hope Braxton Miller is ready to be an H back, because he is now the Va Tech starter. Those 3 out just hurt receiver depth. Also makes it more likely that Barrett is going to start since he is much better at the read option game and I would think this would put a focus on the run.

I'm just gonna pretend I never read this.
    Quote Originally Posted by fipp View Post
    How old are you? Do you want to be humiliated?

Perhaps Bosa doesn't want to be drafted one overall.

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    It's a big drop off from Bosa to whoever is the back up there.

I really hope Braxton Miller is ready to be an H back, because he is now the Va Tech starter. Those 3 out just hurt receiver depth. Also makes it more likely that Barrett is going to start since he is much better at the read option game and I would think this would put a focus on the run.
    There is a big drop off with Bosa. However the defense is loaded this year, they probably have one of the more impressive LB corps in the country. I think Marshall's versatility on offense will sorely be missed.

My neighbor and I were just discussing how quiet the off-season had been for tOSU. At least this was typical college kid stuff (academics and MJ) and not more major transgressions such as fights/altercations/domestic issues, theft, DUI and the like.

Bosa is a huge loss for the VaTech game, as are 3 of primary receivers in a 5/6 man rotation.

GL

Did enjoy Jason Whitlock's line from PTI that if you added beer to the Joe Schadd article as in bad grades, weed and beer, he would have never gotten into a game.

17. Likes:

bucksfan2 (07-31-2015)

I knew things were lining up too well for the Buckeyes. 18-22 year olds aren't the most dependable people in the world.

If I were to get penalized in college for beer and weed, I probably would have gotten sent all the way back to kindergarten.
    She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

Turn Off Ads?