Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Better Call Saul!

Better Call Saul!

Any other Breaking Bad fans out there who are excited about the pilot of its eagerly awaited spinoff on Sun/Mon? It has gotten great reviews and, of course, has a great website:

http://www.bettercallsaul.com/
    “Every level he goes to, he is going to compete. They will know who he is at every level he goes to.” -- ED on EDLC

2. Likes:

CarolinaRedleg (02-08-2015),Chip R (02-08-2015),dougdirt (02-07-2015),Larkin Fan (02-08-2015),OnBaseMachine (02-09-2015),Razor Shines (02-08-2015)

3. Turn Off Ads?
    Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Re: Better Call Saul!

It's been on my calendar for months. Can't wait.

5. Likes:

RedEye (02-07-2015)

I love how it is being referred to as an "origin story" for the character. Very smart way to tackle it, IMO. I hadn't really thought of Breaking Bad in that light, but I suppose it makes sense. Kind of like the "making of" a super criminal, Walter White.
    “Every level he goes to, he is going to compete. They will know who he is at every level he goes to.” -- ED on EDLC

I think I mentioned a couple years ago in the Breaking Bad thread how much I wanted this to happen... so yeah, I'm ready!

The reviews of the first few episodes have been universally tremendous.
    "No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference." ~Tommy Lasorda

Loved when they introduced the character into the show, looking forward to the series. Part me wonders how much, if any cameos we'll see from others in Breaking Bad. They could treat it like "Easter eggs" where its most unnoticeable, perhaps some small character that was only in a few brief issues just sitting in a restaurant as part of the "background" or amp it up a little to have some one like Badger sitting in a car as Saul stops at a red light, etc... Of course if they do too much of that stuff, it can quickly detract from the show. I'm sure the thought of cameos has been broached; wonder how they'll handle it.

It is time!

Have it recording. Will watch it after Bar Rescue I recorded.

Quote Originally Posted by medford View Post
    Loved when they introduced the character into the show, looking forward to the series. Part me wonders how much, if any cameos we'll see from others in Breaking Bad. They could treat it like "Easter eggs" where its most unnoticeable, perhaps some small character that was only in a few brief issues just sitting in a restaurant as part of the "background" or amp it up a little to have some one like Badger sitting in a car as Saul stops at a red light, etc... Of course if they do too much of that stuff, it can quickly detract from the show. I'm sure the thought of cameos has been broached; wonder how they'll handle it.
    Badger already makes a "cameo" on the show's website and I believe Mike from my avatar actually has a recurrent role... so they certainly aren't shying away from overlaps with BB.

Tuco?! Oh snap!
    "No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference." ~Tommy Lasorda

13. Likes:

Razor Shines (02-09-2015),Tom Servo (02-08-2015)

Well, that got interesting.

I'm overly pleased with that first episode. Very impressed.

16. Likes:

Tom Servo (02-08-2015)

That was pretty good. I'm interested to see how Mike gets involved and how Jimmy/Saul progresses as an attorney.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

I could really go for a cinnamon roll and some meth.
    "I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings."

Hitters who avoid outs are the funnest.

19. Likes:

Brutus (02-09-2015),dougdirt (02-09-2015),RFS62 (02-15-2015)

The Pilot was great. Gilligan and friends are probably going to get all their projects green lighted.

"Cucumber water for customers only”
    http://diamondvisits.blogspot.com/ My Minor League stadium review site.

There's another new episode tomorrow, right? RIGHT?!

I don't want to wait a week.

Turn Off Ads?