Turn Off Ads?
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Better Call Saul!

You're being very UnDude. sonny's Avatar

Re: Better Call Saul!

Quote Originally Posted by Redsfaithful View Post
    Wow, great find!

Since Vince Gilligan always seems to have a reason for stuff like this, I wonder how it plays out in the larger story?
    Witty signature.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Prediction: Mike's issues with being fired in Philadelphia from the force will somehow tie in to (what I assume is) his daughter and also the half-measures speech he gave Walter in the 3rd season of Breaking Bad.
    "No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference." ~Tommy Lasorda

Who wants a mustache ride Ohayou's Avatar

I'm pretty sure that's Mike's daughter in law. His granddaughter does have Mike's last name, which would indicate that she is the child of Mike's son, whom I'm guessing was murdered back in Philly.

Just a theory.
    Arise and walk, come through. A world beyond that door is calling out for you. Arise and walk, come through. It's calling out for you.

I wish I'd invented the sex toilet.
    Witty signature.

6. Likes:

Chip R (03-04-2015),nmculbreth (03-05-2015),Razor Shines (03-03-2015)

Quote Originally Posted by Redsfaithful View Post
    Wow! Great sleuth work, RF. This really is one of the more interesting parts of the show to me right now.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Brutus View Post
    Prediction: Mike's issues with being fired in Philadelphia from the force will somehow tie in to (what I assume is) his daughter and also the half-measures speech he gave Walter in the 3rd season of Breaking Bad.
    And hence the reason for my avatar and the words beneath it...
    “Every level he goes to, he is going to compete. They will know who he is at every level he goes to.” -- ED on EDLC

Jonathan Banks (Mike) with a great interview on Fresh Air today...

http://www.npr.org/programs/fresh-ai...r-march-9-2015
    “Every level he goes to, he is going to compete. They will know who he is at every level he goes to.” -- ED on EDLC

Great episode tonight. Jonathan Banks was unforgettable.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Chip is right

10. Likes:

Razor Shines (03-10-2015)

Jonathan Banks was Emmy good last night. Wowza.
    Hugs, smiling, and interactive Twitter accounts, don't mean winning baseball. Until this community understands that we are cursed to relive the madness.

12. Likes:

Brutus (03-10-2015),Chip R (03-10-2015),Razor Shines (03-10-2015),Redsfaithful (03-13-2015),Roy Tucker (03-10-2015)

I probably had higher hopes for this show than some, as I trusted Vince, Peter and the writers to deliver (again), despite the natural reservations about spin-offs. However, even for as much as I believed this show would do well, I never imagined we'd see such a powerful episode as we did last night. That was tremendous. Lost in the deep emotional scenes was the fluffier interrogation room scene; I thought the way they played Saul and Mike together in that room was brilliant. It went a long way to establishing Mike's trust in Saul.

Great, great episode. Simply wonderful television.
    "No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference." ~Tommy Lasorda

14. Likes:

Razor Shines (03-10-2015),RedEye (03-13-2015),Redsfaithful (03-13-2015)

Jonathan Banks is the best.
    Turning and turning in the widening gyre
    The falcon cannot hear the falconer;

16. Likes:

Brutus (03-14-2015),Chip R (03-13-2015),RedEye (03-13-2015)

I don't know what it is that Vince Gilligan does, but it really gets me to keep coming back. Too many times I can't place why I am so enthralled with an episode, but I can't wait for the next one to come out. I remember thinking about episode 5, I just couldn't wait until the next one. The character development of Jimmy (Saul) has been fantastic, it has been funny at times, sad at other times, but even knowing what Jimmy turns out to be you keep rooting for him. SPOILER ALERT I remember when Jimmy finds the family in the tent and they are offering him money, I kept hoping that he wouldn't take it, knowing full well that he heads down that path.

18. Likes:

sonny (03-13-2015)

Quote Originally Posted by bucksfan2 View Post
    I don't know what it is that Vince Gilligan does, but it really gets me to keep coming back. Too many times I can't place why I am so enthralled with an episode, but I can't wait for the next one to come out. I remember thinking about episode 5, I just couldn't wait until the next one. The character development of Jimmy (Saul) has been fantastic, it has been funny at times, sad at other times, but even knowing what Jimmy turns out to be you keep rooting for him. SPOILER ALERT I remember when Jimmy finds the family in the tent and they are offering him money, I kept hoping that he wouldn't take it, knowing full well that he heads down that path.
    It's amazing how these showrunners - not just Gilligan - get us to root for a guy if we ran across in real life, would never root for. Guys like Walter White, Tony Soprano, Al Swearingen, Don Draper, Vic Mackey, Boyd Crowder, Jimmy/Saul, Mike Ehrmantrout and Stringer Bell to name a few. They do a helluva job of manipulating us to like these people.
    I was wrong
    Chip is right

Quote Originally Posted by Chip R View Post
    It's amazing how these showrunners - not just Gilligan - get us to root for a guy if we ran across in real life, would never root for. Guys like Walter White, Tony Soprano, Al Swearingen, Don Draper, Vic Mackey, Boyd Crowder, Jimmy/Saul, Mike Ehrmantrout and Stringer Bell to name a few. They do a helluva job of manipulating us to like these people.
    Interesting. Yes, if I knew all the stuff about these people that I know on the shows, I'd have a hard time being friends with them. But some of them -- particularly Stringer Bell, Tony Soprano and Jimmy/Saul -- seem to have charismatic sides that would play right in particular circumstances. I could see grabbing a beer with either of those guys as a person. Jimmy would just crack me up and Stringer is just such a charming badass.

But yeah -- Draper would be impossible to hang out with because he'd just be wasted and hitting on women the whole time and Ehrmantrout and White both seem to have the charisma of door knobs. It is because these characters are so well-wrought that we root for them despite their flaws. Masterful television, as many have said.

Quote Originally Posted by RedEye View Post
    But yeah -- Draper would be impossible to hang out with because he'd just be wasted and hitting on women the whole time
    It seems that the essence of Don Draper's appeal is going right over your head
    There is no such thing as a pitching prospect.

Mike's money scene was well done. If he doesn't get at least an Emmy nod for the last two episodes, I'm boycotting the Walking Dead *

*i don't watch the Walking Dead
    Witty signature.

23. Likes:

Chip R (03-20-2015)

Turn Off Ads?