Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Baseball Prospectus Top 101 Prospects: Three Reds made the cut.

Baseball Prospectus Top 101 Prospects: Three Reds made the cut.

http://www.baseballprospectus.com/ar...commentMessage

16. Robert Stephenson
    44. Jesse Winker
    63. Michael Lorenzen

That is the best ranking for Stephenson that I have seen anywhere. Winker is right where expected. I didn't think Lorenzen would make it but he did. He has been left off all the other lists this year.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Baseball Prospectus Top 101 Prospects: Three Reds made the cut.

By the way, you can get a free one year premium subscription to Baseball Prospectus ($40 value) by signing up for DraftKings right now and depositing $10. I just did it and got the free year extension for my membership to BP.

Probably the most interesting Top-100 yet. It's too late tonight to delve into discussion.

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AtomicDumpling View Post
    http://www.baseballprospectus.com/ar...commentMessage

16. Robert Stephenson
    44. Jesse Winker
    63. Michael Lorenzen

That is the best ranking for Stephenson that I have seen anywhere. Winker is right where expected. I didn't think Lorenzen would make it but he did. He has been left off all the other lists this year.
    Lorenzen was in the top 50 at BP on their midseason list. For him to not make it now, even though the midseason list was by Jason Parks (who left to work for the Cubs), it'd be shocking for him to drop 50+ spots out of their Top 100.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by kaldaniels View Post
    Probably the most interesting Top-100 yet. It's too late tonight to delve into discussion.
    Slacker.

6. Likes:

kaldaniels (02-10-2015)

It's nice to see a list (at least appears to be) made without any regard to other lists that are currently out there. That's how they should all be made.

8. Likes:

REDREAD (02-10-2015)

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kaldaniels View Post
    It's nice to see a list (at least appears to be) made without any regard to other lists that are currently out there. That's how they should all be made.
    My list always comes out before other Reds prospects lists do, and while I'd never let their list change mine, if we drastically disagree with someone, I do like to know why. So I will go back and try to see why, look deeper at a specific player to see what I missed. At times its easy to see why I'm higher on someone than they are (such as Nick Travieso and the Baseball America Midwest League Top 20 rankings list - they had bad information - and eventually figured it out after talking to more people). Other times though it is quite a head scratcher as to how things can be so drastically different.

One thing to note with this list, this is the first list done where these guys were in charge. Jason Parks was the main guy in the past, and before him it was Goldstein (I'm not sure any of these guys were around when KG was still running the ship). This group of guys of course helped Parks with information on players and I'm sure had input on previous lists, but this was their first one that was their own. It's good to see that they stuck to their guns with guys even if other places were higher or lower on certain guys by wide margins.

10. Likes:

kaldaniels (02-10-2015),REDREAD (02-10-2015)

Lorenzen seems to be one of those polarizing prospects. Some folks love that he jumped right into AA and that he seems to be a GB machine. Others are suspicious of his K rate.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

12. Likes:

Edd Roush (02-11-2015),kpresidente (02-16-2015),REDREAD (02-11-2015)

Quote Originally Posted by AtomicDumpling View Post
    By the way, you can get a free one year premium subscription to Baseball Prospectus ($40 value) by signing up for DraftKings right now and depositing $10. I just did it and got the free year extension for my membership to BP.
    Is this offer still available, i would be really interested, since i wanted to start playing on Draftkings anyway, would be nice to have this free subscription?

Who wants a mustache ride Ohayou's Avatar

I wonder what the asking price for Dylan Bundy would be.
    Arise and walk, come through. A world beyond that door is calling out for you. Arise and walk, come through. It's calling out for you.

15. Likes:

Old school 1983 (05-02-2015)

Quote Originally Posted by Ohayou View Post
    I wonder what the asking price for Dylan Bundy would be.
    That's something I've asked myself. If the Os come knocking for Cueto, then Id inquire. Speaking of the Os. Former O Markakis is on a Braves team that is likely going nowhere. He gets on base. I wonder what they'd want for him if the Reds trade a little pitching for prospects. Could have surplus to add Obp to the offense.

Stat geek...and proud

Quote Originally Posted by thornton View Post
    Is this offer still available, i would be really interested, since i wanted to start playing on Draftkings anyway, would be nice to have this free subscription?
    I believe it is. I think you have to use the link on the BP site.

Turn Off Ads?