Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: SNL 40

Future Fame of Holler WildcatFan's Avatar

Re: SNL 40

The show was stolen by Martin Short, as he is wont to do. I'm an unabashed SNL apologist and still don't miss an episode, and I was thrilled that the current cast was so well represented. They've got some real talent out there right now.
    "I never argue with people who say baseball is boring, because baseball is boring. And then, suddenly, it isn't. And that's what makes it great." - Joe Posnanski

2. Likes:

Joseph (02-17-2015)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Here's another one of Fallon and Sanz.

5. Likes:

HeatherC1212 (02-19-2015),Razor Shines (02-17-2015),RedTeamGo! (02-17-2015),RichRed (02-17-2015),Tom Servo (02-17-2015)

How far has Eddie Murphy fallen?
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

Quote Originally Posted by Chip R View Post
    How far has Eddie Murphy fallen?
    He comes across like he's glad that he was on SNL but he hates everything about it.
    Go Gators!

People complain too much about SNL. That was a quality show on sunday.

I have read online that my least favorite moment of the night, The Californians, is loved by people on the west coast and hated by people on the east coast.

I think that makes sense, and it made me think about how much people on the west coast have probably hated all those skits throughout the years about the east coast.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by KronoRed View Post
    He comes across like he's glad that he was on SNL but he hates everything about it.
    He is still bitter about the David Spade thing, has been for 20 years.

9. Likes:

Razor Shines (02-17-2015)

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post

I have read online that my least favorite moment of the night, The Californians, is loved by people on the west coast and hated by people on the east coast.

I think that makes sense, and it made me think about how much people on the west coast have probably hated all those skits throughout the years about the east coast.

- - - Updated - - -

I've spent a good part of my life in California. I find that skit hilarious. Part of it is how often they discuss directions or locations. It's a characteristic of Californians (especially Southern Californians) that I never noticed before they made fun of it. It's very accurate, though.
    Last edited by NebraskaRed; 02-17-2015 at 05:22 PM.

11. Likes:

Razor Shines (02-17-2015)

I enjoyed the show. It was everything SNL is supposed to be: funny, messy, irreverent, sometimes not funny, and uneven. Great TV, in other words.
    "I can make all the stadiums rock."
    -Air Supply

13. Likes:

Chip R (02-17-2015),dougdirt (02-18-2015),Razor Shines (02-17-2015),RedTeamGo! (02-17-2015)

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post

- - - Updated - - -

I think I've been guilty of being too critical of SNL at times but in reality writing good skits for Network TV (even late night) is really hard. I watched all 3 plus hours and laughed a lot.
    "I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings."

Hitters who avoid outs are the funnest.

15. Likes:

RedTeamGo! (02-18-2015)

Quote Originally Posted by NebraskaRed View Post
    I've spent a good part of my life in California. I find that skit hilarious. Part of it is how often they discuss directions or locations. It's a characteristic of Californians (especially Southern Californians) that I never noticed before they made fun of it. It's very accurate, though.
    The Californians is hilarious. This wasn't their best one but still like it.

"You sure know a lot about Marina del Rey!" Kills me.

I enjoyed 40 it was uneven but certainly worth the watch.

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    The Californians is hilarious. This wasn't their best one but still like it.

"You sure know a lot about Marina del Rey!" Kills me.

I enjoyed 40 it was uneven but certainly worth the watch.
    I'm a lifelong East Coaster who thinks "The Californians" is great. It almost always goes on too long, but it never fails to make me laugh, even though I'm usually thinking, "Why am I laughing at this ridiculousness?" Sometimes things just hit the old funny bone the right way.
    "I can make all the stadiums rock."
    -Air Supply

NBC is showing this again Friday night at 8 pm. I missed it the first time around. I have the DVR set this time.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

Quote Originally Posted by RichRed View Post
    I'm a lifelong East Coaster who thinks "The Californians" is great. It almost always goes on too long, but it never fails to make me laugh, even though I'm usually thinking, "Why am I laughing at this ridiculousness?" Sometimes things just hit the old funny bone the right way.
    I always admire their commitment to get the actual freeway routes correct.

20. Likes:

NebraskaRed (02-18-2015)

I can remember when SNL started. I didn't watch at first but did after hearing others talk about it. That first cast is still the best, IMO. If you have the 1975 World Series videos they mention this new show on Saturday nights. The show has ebbed and flowed over the years. Some casts weren't very good at all while some where terrific. Its amazing how its endured and stood the test of time.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

Norm Macdonald gives a really cool behind the scenes look at the week at SNL. Explains the Eddie Murphy thing.

http://theconcourse.deadspin.com/nor...bri-1686686768
    "I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings."

Hitters who avoid outs are the funnest.

23. Likes:

*BaseClogger* (02-19-2015),RedTeamGo! (02-19-2015)

Quote Originally Posted by Razor Shines View Post
    Norm Macdonald gives a really cool behind the scenes look at the week at SNL. Explains the Eddie Murphy thing.

http://theconcourse.deadspin.com/nor...bri-1686686768
    Yep, I read that too. Great stuff.

Murphy would have brought the house down if he did his Cosby impression. Keenan Thompson took it as far as he could, which of course, wasn't very far. Norm said it best. Eddie just doesn't need the laughs anymore, and didn't want to kick Cosby when he is down.
    "Lemonade requires a significant amount of sugar. Otherwise, you've just made lemon juice."

25. Likes:

Razor Shines (02-20-2015)

Turn Off Ads?