Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Issues when I'm on Redszone

Issues when I'm on Redszone

This is only happening on my computer at work, but if I stay on the RZ page, a script stops working. Many times, it doesn't help to stop the script and I end up having to force my browser closed.

I'm running Firefox 36.0.1 and my computer is Windows 7 Professional version 6.01. BTW, perhaps just coincidental, I'm noticing every day I pretty much have to turn my computer off for a Windows update. This has been true nearly every day this week. Perhaps it's unrelated.

Anyone else having this issue?

Here's what pops up:

A script on this page may be busy, or it may have stopped responding. You can stop the script now, open the script in the debugger, or let the script continue.

Script: http://googleads.g.doubleclick.net/p....com&dtd=93:11
    “In the same way that a baseball season never really begins, it never really ends either.” - Lonnie Wheeler, "Bleachers, A Summer in Wrigley Field"

The Baseball Emporium - Books & Things.

The Baseball Bookstore

http://tsc-sales.com/
    http://tscsales.blogspot.com/
    http://silverscreenbooks.com/

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Issues when I'm on Redszone

I have the same browser and the same problem. I even refreshed Firefox, but to no avail.
    "Baseball players are smarter than football players. How often do you see a baseball team penalized for too many men on the field?" ~ Jim Bouton

I'm having this issue on Redszone where people don't realize that my opinions are the correct ones.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

5. Likes:

919191 (03-20-2015),BillDoran (03-20-2015),Larkin Fan (03-20-2015),marcshoe (03-20-2015),Raisor (03-20-2015),Red Raindog (03-19-2015),redsmetz (03-19-2015),Revering4Blue (03-22-2015),westofyou (03-20-2015)

I don't want to grow up Red Raindog's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by redsmetz View Post
    This is only happening on my computer at work, but if I stay on the RZ page, a script stops working. Many times, it doesn't help to stop the script and I end up having to force my browser closed.

I'm running Firefox 36.0.1 and my computer is Windows 7 Professional version 6.01. BTW, perhaps just coincidental, I'm noticing every day I pretty much have to turn my computer off for a Windows update. This has been true nearly every day this week. Perhaps it's unrelated.

Here's what pops up:

A script on this page may be busy, or it may have stopped responding. You can stop the script now, open the script in the debugger, or let the script continue.

Same here -- not necessarily connected to Redszone -- I did switch to Chrome from Firefox and it has helped some ---
    The older I get - the better I was

and yes - I hate the Cardinals (Reds fan since 1958)

I miss Raisor

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Here's what pops up:

It's weird that it's only happening on Redszone, because the script is for an advertisement, and those should follow you all around the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    It's weird that it's only happening on Redszone, because the script is for an advertisement, and those should follow you all around the internet.
    I agree, Doug. One other weird thing this week for me on RZ is that audio ads start running when I'm on RZ - primarily the Verizon ones. That's new. I usually have my settings to not automatically start such things.

I just now moved over to Chrome for looking at the page. I'll see how that goes.
    “In the same way that a baseball season never really begins, it never really ends either.” - Lonnie Wheeler, "Bleachers, A Summer in Wrigley Field"

The Baseball Emporium - Books & Things.

The Baseball Bookstore

http://tsc-sales.com/
    http://tscsales.blogspot.com/
    http://silverscreenbooks.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    I'm having this issue on Redszone where people don't realize that my opinions are the correct ones.
    So what you are saying is that you aren't having any issues

Here's what pops up:

Seems to me the biggest issue that you have is that you've never heard of adblock plus. Then of course the other issue is the keystroke grabber that HR has on your account.Hopefully, they'll let you pack up your own things rather than have a box waiting for you at the front desk.
    "This isn’t stats vs scouts - this is stats and scouts working together, building an organization that blends the best of both worlds. This is the blueprint for how a baseball organization should be run. And, whether the baseball men of the 20th century like it or not, this is where baseball is going."---Dave Cameron, U.S.S. Mariner

Quote Originally Posted by jojo View Post
    Seems to me the biggest issue that you have is that you've never heard of adblock plus. Then of course the other issue is the keystroke grabber that HR has on your account.Hopefully, they'll let you pack up your own things rather than have a box waiting for you at the front desk.
    Why suggest a poster is to be fired when he asked a technical question? Why bring hostility into this thread? Condescension and hectoring, the jojo double.

12. Likes:

jimbo (04-05-2015)

Quote Originally Posted by BillDoran View Post
    Why suggest a poster is to be fired when he asked a technical question? Why bring hostility into this thread? Condescension and hectoring, the jojo double.
    Why personally attack a poster directly when you've went to all of the trouble to climb atop a moral soapbox especially just to rail against imagined hostility?
    "This isn’t stats vs scouts - this is stats and scouts working together, building an organization that blends the best of both worlds. This is the blueprint for how a baseball organization should be run. And, whether the baseball men of the 20th century like it or not, this is where baseball is going."---Dave Cameron, U.S.S. Mariner

The pride is back. Assembly Hall's Avatar

Hmmmm...I thought it was just me. Been having all kinds of problems. Using different browsers and different putters. I chalked it up to my IP provider?

'm getting the Redszone is not responding message and have to close my browser through task manager and reopen it to get it going. Happens again after a few minutes.
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

I don't want to grow up Red Raindog's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    I have a paid account - no ads -- but the issue has been much better the last fews days -- go figure
    The older I get - the better I was

and yes - I hate the Cardinals (Reds fan since 1958)

I miss Raisor

Quote Originally Posted by mth123 View Post
    'm getting the Redszone is not responding message and have to close my browser through task manager and reopen it to get it going. Happens again after a few minutes.
    I have been too on Firefox, but not Chrome go figure. Something about a script not responding and whatever I do it usually ends up with Firefox freezing/crashing.
    Quote Originally Posted by teamselig
    The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change, the realist adjusts the sails.

William Arthur Ward

Quote Originally Posted by Slyder View Post
    I have been too on Firefox, but not Chrome go figure. Something about a script not responding and whatever I do it usually ends up with Firefox freezing/crashing.
    The impeding script error:

Script: http://googleads.g.doubleclick.net/p...com&dtd=271:23
    Quote Originally Posted by teamselig
    The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change, the realist adjusts the sails.

William Arthur Ward

Turn Off Ads?