Turn Off Ads?

Thread: No more blackouts!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!

No more blackouts!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!

From Rotoworld....

The Wall Street Journal reports the league will no longer black out non-sold out games on local television for the 2015 season.

Per reporter Kevin Clark, the league will "evaluate how it goes after the season," but it's hard to see this policy coming back. It's been under fire for years — including from Richard Nixon — and was under attack in Congress as recently as December. It's an outdated policy for a game driven by television ratings.

Source: Kevin Clark on Twitter
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: No more blackouts!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!

That's pretty cool, but I hope they get to making legit streaming options next, which I've heard they're considering. As a Directv exclusive it puts a lotta ppl SOL. I can't get Directv at my rental, and I wasn't eligible to purchase the online Sunday Ticket so my only options for out of market games were illegal streams and spoofing my GPS on my phone to make it think I was in Cincinnati so I could watch the Bengals games on NFL Mobile.

I'd have paid whatever to watch but had no options.

Also, seems odd that the blackout rule is just now going away. I've never understood the reasoning for having one to begin with.

Quote Originally Posted by Stray View Post
    That's pretty cool, but I hope they get to making legit streaming options next, which I've heard they're considering. As a Directv exclusive it puts a lotta ppl SOL. I can't get Directv at my rental, and I wasn't eligible to purchase the online Sunday Ticket so my only options for out of market games were illegal streams and spoofing my GPS on my phone to make it think I was in Cincinnati so I could watch the Bengals games on NFL Mobile.

I'd have paid whatever to watch but had no options.

Also, seems odd that the blackout rule is just now going away. I've never understood the reasoning for having one to begin with.
    At least you have the knowledge to get it done. Most people do not.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

The Bengals were the only team to vote against this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

Quote Originally Posted by Chip R View Post
    LoL no one should attend just because.
    Quote Originally Posted by teamselig
    The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change, the realist adjusts the sails.

William Arthur Ward

7. Likes:

Kingspoint (03-23-2015)

Quote Originally Posted by Chip R View Post
    Of course.

Mike Brown said if it were just a vote to lift the blackout rule he would have voted in favor of it. The vote was also tied into ticket revenue sharing which he sees as a tax on small market teams.

http://www.cincinnati.com/story/blog...year/70333788/

Turn Off Ads?