Turn Off Ads?
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Reds vs Rangers

Re: Reds vs Rangers

Let's see how Lecure does. I'm not sure he has the stuff anymore. Certainly coming off an "off-season."

I think Badenhop is going to be used in double play situations. Hopefully as he gets some more work his ground ball tendencies will show up.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Kc61 View Post
    Let's see how Lecure does. I'm not sure he has the stuff anymore. Certainly coming off an "off-season."

I think Badenhop is going to be used in double play situations. Hopefully as he gets some more work his ground ball tendencies will show up.
    I remember in his first 2 appearances he got a lot of them.

Lecure did pretty well tonight. Good sign. Game tied after nine. Actually will play extras, it seems.

I have to leave for work at 6:30 in the morning. I think I've reached my innings limit.
    It is on the whole probable that we continually dream, but that consciousness makes such a noise that we do not hear it. Carl Jung.

If Badenhop ends up getting cut, and Hoover/Gregg is still around...that's bad.

Badenhop, who has been good in the past, looks like he needs to go to AAA or AA after this spring. He's Hoover Lite so far. 24.00+ ERA. Good grief. Another tie. Marquis sharp. Same old story. Bullpen kills us. Welcome to 2014.
    www.ris-news.com
    "You only have to bat a thousand in two things; flying and heart transplants. Everything else you can go 4-for-5."
    -Beano Cook

Badenhop's performance has been a little concerning for me. I normally pay zero attention to spring stats but last night almost all of his pitches were belly high just waiting to be crushed. Looks to me like he's not finishing his pitches off that makes him so effective at getting ground balls. And when he tried to hit the outside corner he was erratic and almost throwing to the backstop. Hopefully it's just something mechanical that will be ironed out by Opening Day.

Flash the leather! _Sir_Charles_'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JoshBresser View Post
    Scenario-

Let's say Marquis keeps this up and exits camp with an ERA of 5.50-6.00.

How does Price justify keeping him in the rotation?
    Just to clarify...he's never said that Marquis is IN the rotation yet. That was Fay with his head up his butt.

Quote Originally Posted by jordan_tm View Post
    Badenhop's performance has been a little concerning for me. I normally pay zero attention to spring stats but last night almost all of his pitches were belly high just waiting to be crushed. Looks to me like he's not finishing his pitches off that makes him so effective at getting ground balls. And when he tried to hit the outside corner he was erratic and almost throwing to the backstop. Hopefully it's just something mechanical that will be ironed out by Opening Day.
    That's what it looks like to me. But most sinkerbsll pitchers take awhile to in the spring to get their arm tired enough to get that sink on their pitches. I'd be worried with Badenhop if this was his last appearance before the season started. I'm not worried at this point.
    Hoping to change my username to 75769024

Not worried about Badenhop. Never like to see a guy get rocked in spring training but Badenhop has a track record of success. Much more worried about JJ Hoover and to a lesser extent Manny Parra.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

Quote Originally Posted by _Sir_Charles_ View Post
    Just to clarify...he's never said that Marquis is IN the rotation yet. That was Fay with his head up his butt.
    Right, that's fortunate for us.

Although it'd make Price actually putting him in the rotation look even sillier if he does do that bad though.

Quote Originally Posted by JoshBresser View Post
    If Badenhop ends up getting cut, and Hoover/Gregg is still around...that's bad.
    If Gregg is healthy, I take him over Hoover, LeCure, or Badenhop. The Reds don't need 3 of the same thing: middle relievers who throw mid 80s fastballs. The game has changed. Virtually every team has players, young or old, on their way up or down, with power arms filling the middle relief jobs. It's time for the Reds to do the same. We're looking at last year's bullpen disaster all over again if changes aren't made. "This has been a public service announcement. The opinions stated above are those of the poster and probably not of any other readers."

Hoover is a power arm, not sure where you get the idea he's a mid 80s fastball guy from.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

Turn Off Ads?