Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Reds vs Rangers

Re: Reds vs Rangers

Quote Originally Posted by Ironman92 View Post
    Billy had 3rd but Joey was late on a 2-1 fastball (likely because of Billy taking his focus a bit)

Would've liked Billy on 3rd with no outs
    I wonder if Votto likes hitting behind Billy.

Votto has said that the only times when he feels the effects of lineup protection are when Billy is on first.

But, it does seem like he gets distracted by him.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by JoshBresser View Post
    I wonder if Votto likes hitting behind Billy.

Votto has said that the only times when he feels the effects of lineup protection are when Billy is on first.

But, it does seem like he gets distracted by him.
    I'm going to say he does not. Seemed like when Billy was on second that it took some of his focus off the ball a bit....both when he ran and even when he didn't. BHam had insane jumps in stealing 2nd and also his attempt for 3rd Joey negated.

Quote Originally Posted by Ironman92 View Post
    I'm going to say he does not. Seemed like when Billy was on second that it took some of his focus off the ball a bit....both when he ran and even when he didn't. BHam had insane jumps in stealing 2nd and also his attempt for 3rd Joey negated.
    Well, I guess that's one relative positive about Billy never being on base.

Marquis with six solid innings. Gregg strikes out the side, allowing one baserunner. A RedsZone nightmare.

Not like it matters at all, but Badenhop has done pretty poorly this Spring.

Considering how volatile relievers are I'd say it's somewhat of a concern. Especially considering relievers who throw a bunch of innings a few years in a row can hit a wall fast.

The question becomes if it continues into April how long do you continue to pitch him?

Quote Originally Posted by NeilHamburger View Post
    Considering how volatile relievers are I'd say it's somewhat of a concern. Especially considering relievers who throw a bunch of innings a few years in a row can hit a wall fast.

The question becomes if it continues into April how long do you continue to pitch him?
    With his contract he's going to pitch

- - - Updated - - -

Welp
    there's nothing like bowling a 300 game! 13 now and retired.

Ricky henderson has a higher OBP than C. patterson and he's retired. C. Trent 6-14-2008

In his first couple of outings, he looked decent- got a lot of groundballs. Just bad defense or poor luck.

Can't say the same about tonight.

But, I still think he'll be a solid mid 3's ERA guy for us.

If Lorenzen makes the team as a reliever someone is going to have to go. Could be surprising.

Chapman, Cingrani, Parra, LeCure, Diaz, Gregg and Lorenzen/Badenhop. I don't know if the Reds carry more than that. Not sure what is going to happen. But, if Lorenzen makes it, and Price likes Gregg as much as it seems, someone is going home.
    Last edited by NeilHamburger; 03-23-2015 at 11:50 PM.

I wouldn't be surprised if there was a DL trip in Badenhop's future.
    It is on the whole probable that we continually dream, but that consciousness makes such a noise that we do not hear it. Carl Jung.

If Lorenzen makes the team as a reliever someone is going to have to go. Could be surprising.

Chapman, Cingrani, Parra, LeCure, Diaz, Gregg and Lorenzen/Badenhop. I don't know if the Reds carry more than that. Not sure what is going to happen. But, if Lorenzen makes it, and Price likes Gregg as much as it seems, someone is going home.
    Gotta wonder what the Gregg love is about. He's been awful for years outside of a half of a season in 2013.

If our manager/GM make that kind of decision based on a sample of 3 Spring Innings...yikes.

Lorenzen is starting Thursday's game. The impression I get from Price's comments is that Lorenzen will be starting at AAA to begin the season.

He didn't use those words, he said that Lorenzen and Moscot could potentially be next in line to start. Price did not preclude Lorenzen from making the team.

But I sense they are ditching the Lorenzen as reliever idea for now and he will be getting ready at AAA to be a starter.

I think the post above has the pen correct, just eliminate Lorenzen. If he's healthy, I think Badenhop will go north with the club and see how he does. Some guys take awhile to get ready.

I was thinking you could see the phantom DL trip to give the Reds some time to figure things out. Not sure it would be Badenhop, but I could see someone getting one to buy time.

All I know is this. If things continue like this over the next 10 days or so, I don't want Badenhop pitching in high leverage situations. Maybe you could hide him in the back of the bullpen while he works through it.

I was thinking you could see the phantom DL trip to give the Reds some time to figure things out. Not sure it would be Badenhop, but I could see someone getting one to buy time.

All I know is this. If things continue like this over the next 10 days or so, I don't want Badenhop pitching in high leverage situations. Maybe you could hide him in the back of the bullpen while he works through it.
    From Price's comments, it doesn't sound like he wants to use Badenhop in those situations anyway.

When Fay asked him about who his setup man would be, he mentioned Gregg (sigh), Hoover (double sigh), and Jumbo. No mention of Burke.

Badenhop was awful. LeCure looks/acts disinterested. Saved by a diving catch by Hamilton. Incliude Hoover in the mix and you have an absolute middle relief disaster waiting to happen.

Turn Off Ads?