Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cynthia Lennon dies at 75

Re: Cynthia Lennon dies at 75

Wasn't George Eric's best man when Eric married Patti?

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by JaxRed View Post
    The Beatle that did the best marriage-wise (at least for good looks) was Harrison who married model Patti Boyd

Attachment 8858
    Ringo married Barbara Bach.

Quote Originally Posted by Rojo View Post
    And together they made "Caveman" which I actually saw in the theater.

Quote Originally Posted by Rojo View Post
    Knew that. She comes in 2nd to me.
    Bud Selig: "I'm the worst commissioner ever"
    Rob Manfred: "Hold my beer"

https://redsintelligence.com/smforum/index.php

Quote Originally Posted by klw View Post
    No. Interesting writeup on the possibilities at Wikipedia entry.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/You%27re_So_Vain
    I always thought Warren

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post
    I always thought Warren
    Warren was the correct answer when asked in the Trivial Pursuit game

RIP Cynthia. I remember you well.

She was a quiet, reserved personality married to the exact opposite. When it came to Beatlemania, she was a square peg trying to fit in a round hole. She never grew comfortable with it, and you could always see the uneasiness in her face. And as much as I admired John, the musician/artist, he could be one grade A callous and insensitive A-hole. There was a lot of phoniness about him IMO. Cynthia returns home and finds him and Yoko in robes.... and he sues her for adultery?? He once made a reference about his son Julian that he was "born out of a bottle of whiskey". Nice thing to say about your son.

Layla was the first song by Clapton that was inspired by George's wife. George was so caught up in his Indian music and spiritualism he was ignoring and neglecting her. And when that happens, they'll sooner or later find someone else to fill that void. George's response was "I'd rather see her with my best friend then some jerk".

Paul's first GF (fiance) Jane Asher was a looker....

(and still is today)....

"In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

9. Likes:

Chip R (04-14-2015),cumberlandreds (04-12-2015)

Of course Asher was the First Paul McCartney's fiance. When he died and they brought in Billy Shears as Paul II, he brought in his own girlfriend, Linda, and married her.
    It is on the whole probable that we continually dream, but that consciousness makes such a noise that we do not hear it. Carl Jung.

rest in power, king Wonderful Monds's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GAC View Post
    RIP Cynthia. I remember you well.

She was a quiet, reserved personality married to the exact opposite. When it came to Beatlemania, she was a square peg trying to fit in a round hole. She never grew comfortable with it, and you could always see the uneasiness in her face. And as much as I admired John, the musician/artist, he could be one grade A callous and insensitive A-hole. There was a lot of phoniness about him IMO. Cynthia returns home and finds him and Yoko in robes.... and he sues her for adultery?? He once made a reference about his son Julian that he was "born out of a bottle of whiskey". Nice thing to say about your son.

Layla was the first song by Clapton that was inspired by George's wife. George was so caught up in his Indian music and spiritualism he was ignoring and neglecting her. And when that happens, they'll sooner or later find someone else to fill that void. George's response was "I'd rather see her with my best friend then some jerk".

Paul's first GF (fiance) Jane Asher was a looker....

(and still is today)....

I think your assessment of John is a little on the kind side. Dude beat his family. He was honestly a piece of garbage, but to my generation, you'd think he was a philosopher or damn Mahatma Gahndi.

12. Likes:

KronoRed (04-11-2015)

Quote Originally Posted by Wonderful Monds View Post
    I think your assessment of John is a little on the kind side.
    I wasn't trying to give a comprehensive critique of the man.

But there were a lot of "un-pleasantries" and, again, phoniness to this man's life. What he wrote and sang about (promoted) was far from evident in his personal life. He was a man filled with anger and resentment, which he acknowledged in his later years and attempted to rectify.

I still thoroughly enjoyed his music though.
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

Danger is my business! oneupper's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by klw View Post
    And together they made "Caveman" which I actually saw in the theater.

I saw that in the theaters too. Didn't remember Shelly Long and Dennis Quaid were in it.
    "A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it."

http://dalmady.blogspot.com

It also had ex-NFL lineman John Matuszak.

There's been a lot of dumb movies made.... and that was one of them. I guess you make movies with no dialogue when none of the actors in it can really act. Other then Jack Gilford, who played Gog.

Turn Off Ads?