Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Reds v Blue Jays from the Big "O" in Montreal, Quebec Saturday 4/4/15 1:05 start

Re: Reds v Blue Jays from the Big "O" in Montreal, Quebec Saturday 4/4/15 1:05 start

I just had a feeling there that Donaldson would take Disco deep, and he did.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Reds v Blue Jays from the Big "O" in Montreal, Quebec Saturday 4/4/15 1:05 start

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    I just had a feeling there that Donaldson would take Disco deep, and he did.
    I'm feeling ambivalent about the "Disco" nickname. Not a fan exactly, but I have no better alternative to offer up.

I wanted Cingrani to make the rotation just so we could refer to them as the Two Tonys all season.

Quote Originally Posted by NebraskaRed View Post
    I'm feeling ambivalent about the "Disco" nickname. Not a fan exactly, but I have no better alternative to offer up.

I wanted Cingrani to make the rotation just so we could refer to them as the Two Tonys all season.
    Yeah I really wanted Tony C. and Tony D., but apparently he only goes by Anthony and not Tony and with Cingrani out of the rotation the whole thing seems moot.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

Dang, smoked that one.

Sure, Votto loves Canada. But it's only in America that he can get the fancy coffee he needs.

Yeah I really wanted Tony C. and Tony D., but apparently he only goes by Anthony and not Tony and with Cingrani out of the rotation the whole thing seems moot.
    Any truth to the rumor that the Reds cannot replace Desclafani with Cingrani because announcing the two names would violate the #PaceofPlay rules?
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    Honest I can't say it any better than Hoosier Red did in his post, he sums it up basically perfectly.

8. Likes:

cumberlandreds (04-04-2015),CySeymour (04-04-2015),KittyDuran (04-04-2015),Tom Servo (04-04-2015)

I'm aware that this is also SSS (Spring Sample Size), but I wonder if Byrd is sacrificing power for less Ks. He said when he came here that his main offseason goal was to cut down on his Ks, and he had never been much of a power guy before selling out for power in 2013/2014. No homers this Spring, not very many Ks either.

If so, I'm not so sure that's the best plan at his age. There was a reason he had to sell out in the first place.

This Blue Jays lineup is murder.

Come on, Disco, we don't want Walt to have to dig up Kip Wells because Price decides we need a new 5th SP.

I'm interested in seeing how DeSclafani bounces back from that inning.
    Hoping to change my username to 75769024

I will no longer pronounce it MONTreal, I will now go with the apparently correct MUNTreal.

These 2 games haven't exactly been inspired offensive performances by the Reds regulars.

Quote Originally Posted by 757690 View Post
    I'm interested in seeing how DeSclafani bounces back from that inning.
    Too bad, you get Kevin Gregg instead.

16. Likes:

_Sir_Charles_ (04-04-2015)

Too bad, you get Kevin Gregg instead.
    I'm interested in seeing how Gregg bounces back from this inning.

18. Likes:

757690 (04-04-2015),JoshBresser (04-04-2015),Red Raindog (04-04-2015),Tom Servo (04-04-2015)

This is the Kevin Gregg I know.
    She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

20. Likes:

OnBaseMachine (04-04-2015),Red Raindog (04-04-2015),Tom Servo (04-04-2015),_Sir_Charles_ (04-04-2015)

Turn Off Ads?