Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Good questions for 2015

Good questions for 2015

Can Stephenson improve command and stay on track to reach potential?

Can Winker continue to move forward as a prospect and build on first half of 2014?

Will Lorenzen build on momentum of spring training and get to big leagues by June or sooner?

How will Sparks do in Daytona and can he cut down on strikeouts?

How will Blandino hit over a full season?

How will Waldrop follow up on a breakthrough 2014 season?

Which of the young starters among Travieso, Romano, Garrett, Howard will take the biggest step forward?

Can Ervin improve on 2014 season and show some hope for future?

Can Mejias-Brean make some adjustments and make rough second half in 2014 look like blip on radar?

Will LaValley make a successful jump to full season ball and emerge as a top10 prospects?

How will Aquino follow up on his great 2014 season?

How will young starters Mahle and Armstong do in Dayton and can either jump up the prospect list?

Can Kivel harness his high-90s fastball and start to put up some numbers as a reliever?

Who are the off the radar players that become prospects, such as Crook or L. Gonzalez?

2. Likes:

camisadelgolf (04-05-2015)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Good questions for 2015

In addition to what you already asked, here are some questions I have:

Will Chad Wallach improve enough defensively to be considered one of the top catching prospects in baseball?
    How much will Jose Ortiz build on what he has done so far?
    Is Kevin Franklin a lost cause, or will he get better results in rookie ball this time around?
    Will Gabriel Rosa come around and prove the naysayers wrong?
    Is Kevin Garcia's rebound from injury going to vault him into "legitimate prospect" status?
    Can Junior Arias learn any semblance of plate discipline?
    Can Montrell Marshall and his baseball lineage turn scouts' heads?
    Will Layne Somsen continue to succeed once he sees more advanced hitting?
    Will Matt Magill show anything to justify his 40-man roster spot?
    Can Ben Klimesh fine-tune his command and be considered for a bullpen spot next year?
    Is this the year whether we find out Dan Corcino is a top-100 prospect bust?
    What can Keyvius Sampson do with new coaching?
    Will Dan Langfield's control improve now that he's more recovered from injury?
    Will we see more steps forward for Jon Moscot, or is he is strictly a mid-to-BOR guy?
    Does Jackson Stephens' stuff return to form and get people excited about him again?

72: Noting your mention of Crook as an off-radar guy, I was wondering if you included him because of the mild chatter on Redszone or have you been hearing his name among organization folks? Also wondering if you have heard anything about Jose Siri.

Lots of good questions that will sort themselves out, plus many that we have not and could not even think of yet.

Crook...yes, quite a bit of talk. Lets see if he is in over his head in Dayton. Seems to have moved ahead of Reydel Medina. Have not heard much about Siri yet. Not to say I won't eventually.

Can David Holmberg return to his pre-2014 level? He was absolutely brutal to start the year in AAA with injuries seemingly playing a part in that, but he's still just 23 years old and has a solid track record.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

Will Jon Matthews with his defense, speed and high OBP and solid BA start to earn some respect if he can keep those numbers in Pensacola? All he has done is improve his numbers every single season getting better as he advances levels. He'll start at high A but should make Pensacola sometime this summer if this trend continues. Reds need Hamilton to improve but if he doesn't, his replacement at leadoff may be waiting in the wings.

Might note that he didn't get a vote in Redszone's 60 man prospect poll which may be our most glaring omission. Probably because he has little power but look at his numbers and the trend - this guy gets on base, takes a walk, sprays hits and can run.
    Last edited by RedlegJake; 04-05-2015 at 03:33 PM.
    99% of all numbers only tell 33% of the story so when looking at the numbers remember that numbers is plural...

Quote Originally Posted by RedlegJake View Post
    Will Jon Matthews with his defense, speed and high OBP and solid BA start to earn some respect if he can keep those numbers in Pensacola? All he has done is improve his numbers every single season getting better as he advances levels. He'll start at high A but should make Pensacola sometime this summer if this trend continues. Reds need Hamilton to improve but if he doesn't, his replacement at leadoff may be waiting in the wings.

Might note that he didn't get a vote in Redszone's 60 man prospect poll which may be our most glaring omission. Probably because he has little power but look at his numbers and the trend - this guy gets on base, takes a walk, sprays hits and can run.
    I feel like the lack of respect for Matthews comes more from the organization than it does from Redszone. The Reds never seem to place or play him in such a way that reflects high regard. And that trickles down to us. But you're right, the numbers and general opinion don't really match.

10. Likes:

camisadelgolf (04-05-2015)

Resident PED Expert

Quote Originally Posted by mace View Post
    I feel like the lack of respect for Matthews comes more from the organization than it does from Redszone. The Reds never seem to place or play him in such a way that reflects high regard. And that trickles down to us. But you're right, the numbers and general opinion don't really match.
    Same situation with Silva. I'd rather have 3 Silva's versus 1 Duran in my system.

Will the healthy Yorman Rodriguez of last year replicate his numbers at AAA?

Might be the single most important question for the 2016 Reds.
    Dubito Ergo Cogito Ergo Sum.

Quote Originally Posted by TRF View Post
    Might be the single most important question for the 2016 Reds.
    Yorman? I think you have just provided support for that element of the population that is pressing for drug testing of RedsZone posters.

Just kidding. Maybe he will break out this year. I would not bet the life savings on it, however. Without looking at the stats, did the Reds give Yorman more at-bats in spring training than non-roster AZL shortstop Luis Gonzalez, who has about 90 career plate appearances north of the Dominican Summer League?
    Last edited by redsof72; 04-09-2015 at 06:34 PM.

I don't mean any offense with that...just having some fun with respect to a player that I watched for two years. That is now ancient history, anyway.
    Last edited by redsof72; 04-09-2015 at 06:35 PM.

15. Likes:

RedlegJake (04-09-2015)

Turn Off Ads?