Turn Off Ads?
Page 10 of 38 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast

Thread: Tracking the Former Reds

Re: Tracking the Former Reds

Evidently there is a Doug Flynn T-shirt out there.

https://twitter.com/robneyer/status/...999379969?s=09
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Chip is right

2. Likes:

DirtyBaker (05-26-2015)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Redtrain View Post
    And, of course, you can't forget the fact that Grandal is one of the best pitch framers in the majors.

http://www.baseballprospectus.com/so...hp?cid=1819124

http://www.statcorner.com/CatcherReport.php
    He's the worst defensive catcher in baseball over the last few years. And it's not even close:

http://www.fangraphs.com/leaders.asp...rs=0&page=2_30
    Hoping to change my username to 75769024

Latos had been good his last two starts to bring the ERA down under 5.00, but he's getting knocked around again today thanks to a grand slam by Jace Peterson.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    Latos had been good his last two starts to bring the ERA down under 5.00, but he's getting knocked around again today thanks to a grand slam by Jace Peterson.
    Latos now hurt. Went to watch the game too late to see what happened, but something with his knee/leg. Out of the game, limping off the field.

Maybin liner off the shin of Latos. Mat definitely in pain.

Gotta wonder what the Latos' mindset is right now.

A year and a half ago they were probably anticipating landing a pretty sizeable free agent contract in the near future - at least $20+million AAV? - but now with the multiple injuries, loss of velocity, poor performance, etc. - all in his free agent year, what kind of offers are they gonna get now.

The baseball gods giveth and they taketh away.
    Quote Originally Posted by fipp View Post
    How old are you? Do you want to be humiliated?

Quote Originally Posted by villain612 View Post

A year and a half ago they were probably anticipating landing a pretty sizeable free agent contract in the near future - at least $20+million AAV? - but now with the multiple injuries, loss of velocity, poor performance, etc. - all in his free agent year, what kind of offers are they gonna get now.

Yep. Latos will certainly miss a start or two after that liner, and that's if the injury is only a bruise. You could see him mouth "wow" as he was being treated. Was never a big fan of Latos, but I would not wish this bad streak upon him. He certainly will not get the contract the Reds would likely have offered him to retain him.

10. Likes:

OGB (06-01-2015),Tom Servo (05-16-2015)

Quote Originally Posted by villain612 View Post

Too bad he burned his bridges with the Reds. He actually would be a nice, affordable, free agent veteran starter for them next off season.
    Hoping to change my username to 75769024

Stat geek...and proud

Latos will wind up ok. He's a slow starter, remember? I bet he gets a 6/100+ deal.

Quote Originally Posted by gilpdawg View Post
    Latos will wind up ok. He's a slow starter, remember? I bet he gets a 6/100+ deal.
    Yes, he's been a slow starter. But his fastball was topping out at 91 today, usually sitting around 90. Early in the season or not, that is a red flag to me. And I have not heard the extent of his injury from the shot off his shin today yet.

Braves signed RHP Nick Masset to a one-year contract.
    Masset opted for free agency rather than accept an outright assignment with the Marlins. The 33-year-old posted a 1.86 ERA and 6/1 K/BB ratio over 9 2/3 innings during his time with Miami and will pitch in middle relief with his new club.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

Quote Originally Posted by RichRed View Post
    I keep checking this thread, thinking maybe this is the day I see Kevin Gregg's name.
    Today, former Red Kevin Gregg remained a former Red, extending his streak of not giving up an 8th-inning two-run homer to 9 consecutive days.
    "I can make all the stadiums rock."
    -Air Supply

16. Likes:

757690 (05-19-2015),androosh (05-19-2015),Assembly Hall (05-23-2015),Chip R (05-19-2015),jimbo (05-19-2015),OGB (06-01-2015)

Quote Originally Posted by RichRed View Post
    Today, former Red Kevin Gregg remained a former Red, extending his streak of not giving up an 8th-inning two-run homer to 9 consecutive days.
    Gee, Thom said that he would definitely be picked up by someone the day of his release. Who knew?
    I was wrong
    Chip is right

Gregg was picked up by Seattle on a minor league deal.

In more interesting news, Drew Stubbs was optioned to AAA by the Rockies. Now both he and Chris Heisey will toil in the Pacific Coast League.

Tracking the Former Reds

Stubbs had a nice season in a significant role for the Rockies in 2014, hitting .289 with 15 homers and an .821 OPS after three straight seasons with an OPS below .700. However, he’s been a mess this year while hitting .118 with 31 strikeouts in 56 plate appearances.

http://hardballtalk.nbcsports.com/20...s-to-triple-a/

20. Likes:

REDREAD (05-28-2015)

Turn Off Ads?