Turn Off Ads?
Page 9 of 38 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast

Thread: Tracking the Former Reds

Re: Tracking the Former Reds

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    >my face when Rocco is never the same after the hip thing while Grandal turns into the hitter he was supposed to be

2. Likes:

alwaysawarrior (05-08-2015),Tom Servo (05-07-2015),_Sir_Charles_ (05-08-2015)

3. Turn Off Ads?
    AlienTruckStopSexWorker cincinnati chili's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by cincinnati chili View Post
    He followed up those 6 scoreless innings on 4/22 with seven scoreless innings, seven strikeouts, and one walk on 4/27.
    Ben Lively - http://www.milb.com/player/index.jsp...ching/2015/ALL 2-0 2.16 ERA 25 innings, 21 hits, 7 walks, 25 Ks
    Stick to your guns.

AlienTruckStopSexWorker cincinnati chili's Avatar

I don't think anyone will be shocked if Justin Turner takes Juan Uribe's job at 3B for the Dodgers before long. I know his BABIP was .400+ in 2014, and he's due for some regression. But even with that regression, I think he's good enough to be an average major league starting 3B.
    .320/.358/.640 http://espn.go.com/mlb/player/_/id/29607/justin-turner
    Stick to your guns.

Quote Originally Posted by RichRed View Post
    Our old buddy is 3-2 with a 2.35 ERA, 2.57 FIP, and 0.965 WHIP through 6 starts.
    I loved Aaron for what he was and is. A great person who could pitch. He will always be one of my favorites for anchoring the staff in those horrible dark days of the lost decade and coming back to being the pitcher he always was. Just a bad contract ran him out of here. I miss Harangatang and hope he wins the Cy Young.
    www.ris-news.com
    "You only have to bat a thousand in two things; flying and heart transplants. Everything else you can go 4-for-5."
    -Beano Cook

I keep checking this thread, thinking maybe this is the day I see Kevin Gregg's name.
    "I can make all the stadiums rock."
    -Air Supply

8. Likes:

Hypnotoad (05-09-2015),OGB (05-11-2015),Tom Servo (05-09-2015),villain612 (05-11-2015)

Ben Lively - http://www.milb.com/player/index.jsp...ching/2015/ALL 2-0 2.16 ERA 25 innings, 21 hits, 7 walks, 25 Ks
    Got knocked around in his start on Saturday to shoot that ERA up to 3.81. 8 hits, 6 earned runs, 2 Ks, 2 BBs.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

Concerning Lively:

The Reds likely had to trade either Lively or Moscot to get Byrd. Moscot is shinning in AAA while Lively is shinning in AA. At this point, it seems like they made the right choice.
    Hoping to change my username to 75769023

Quote Originally Posted by 757690 View Post
    Concerning Lively:

The Reds likely had to trade either Lively or Moscot to get Byrd. Moscot is shinning in AAA while Lively is shinning in AA. At this point, it seems like they made the right choice.
    Ouch

Sorry ever since seeing a Beach Boys concert on TV where they performed under a "Sea to Shinning Sea" banner, this has been one of my favorite typos.

12. Likes:

757690 (05-14-2015),Big Klu (05-17-2015),cincinnati chili (06-25-2015),Hypnotoad (05-14-2015)

After a couple of sketchy outings Alferdo simon went 7.1 allow 1er 6H 6K. Shin-soo Choo also starting to really batter the ball. Hopefully the Rangers get to see the same Choo we saw because he was a guy I loved watching for that year.

Quote Originally Posted by ScotlandRed View Post
    After a couple of sketchy outings Alferdo simon went 7.1 allow 1er 6H 6K. Shin-soo Choo also starting to really batter the ball. Hopefully the Rangers get to see the same Choo we saw because he was a guy I loved watching for that year.
    I noticed that too. Choo is up to .214/.311/.417/.728. A few more hits start to fall to raise that average and he'll be .250/.350/.450/.800 before we know it. He's way too expensive, and with no DH to use as a playing time hedge, I wouldn't want an OF like him signed to big money into his mid to late 30s, but even the current not so hot version would be an upgrade over the Reds current OF trio.

Nice to see a Reds fan in Scotland. How does that happen?
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

Quote Originally Posted by mth123 View Post
    I noticed that too. Choo is up to .214/.311/.417/.728. A few more hits start to fall to raise that average and he'll be .250/.350/.450/.800 before we know it. He's way too expensive, and with no DH to use as a playing time hedge, I wouldn't want an OF like him signed to big money into his mid to late 30s, but even the current not so hot version would be an upgrade over the Reds current OF trio.

Nice to see a Reds fan in Scotland. How does that happen?
    He's up to .224 now! Was watching him home run last night and the Ranger commentator sounded really confident Choo was getting back to his best. Would be great to see that, although I know there was no chanve the Reds could have signed him long term, it would have been great to see him stick around.

We have friends over here who moved to Cincinnatti for 6/7 years in around 2004. They stayed in the Terrence Park(?) area if anyone knows it. We went over to visit in '07 and managed to catch a Reds game vs the Rockies, Dunn homered, Phillips stole a base and the Reds won 4-3 (I think). Have followed them ever since and even more intensely over the past 4 years.

16. Likes:

kaldaniels (05-16-2015),mth123 (05-14-2015)

He's up to .224 now! Was watching him home run last night and the Ranger commentator sounded really confident Choo was getting back to his best. Would be great to see that, although I know there was no chanve the Reds could have signed him long term, it would have been great to see him stick around.
    Rocket!

We have friends over here who moved to Cincinnatti for 6/7 years in around 2004. They stayed in the Terrence Park(?) area if anyone knows it. We went over to visit in '07 and managed to catch a Reds game vs the Rockies, Dunn homered, Phillips stole a base and the Reds won 4-3 (I think). Have followed them ever since and even more intensely over the past 4 years.
    This is the coolest, thanks for sharing!

Nice, TP is my wife's hometown

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    >my face when Rocco is never the same after the hip thing while Grandal turns into the hitter he was supposed to be

And, of course, you can't forget the fact that Grandal is one of the best pitch framers in the majors.

http://www.baseballprospectus.com/so...hp?cid=1819124

http://www.statcorner.com/CatcherReport.php

Turn Off Ads?