Turn Off Ads?
Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 8141516171819 LastLast

Thread: Reds vs. Bad Guys 4/11/15 - Johnny Beisbol Edition

Re: Reds vs. Bad Guys 4/11/15 - Johnny Beisbol Edition

Quote Originally Posted by NeilHamburger View Post
    Looks at the pitching matchup tomorrow... ugh. It was a nice start to the season at least.
    They sold a lot of tickets already, you think they should go ahead and play the game anyway?

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by NebraskaRed View Post
    Team goes 4-0 and now they're the worst team ever because they're about to lose their first game.
    They could be 162-0 if they just tried harder.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

Quote Originally Posted by NebraskaRed View Post
    Team goes 4-0 and now they're the worst team ever because they're about to lose their first game.
    Not at all. But the problems with the 4-7 hitters are magnifiable (Is this even a word? I just made it up) when the Top 3 do not get a hit in every AB. I mean they have to do all the work here in the first 4 games.
    The bullpen also looks a lot like the last few years where only 2-3 pitchers are reliable, but you cannot go all Pedro Borbon and Clay Carroll on them and use them every other day.

Walt not only does a good job of getting rid of players who are ready to go on the downslide, he seems to acquire them as well and pay them too much money.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Cloninger View Post
    Not at all. But the problems with the 4-7 hitters are magnifiable (Is this even a word? I just made it up) when the Top 3 do not get a hit in every AB. I mean they have to do all the work here in the first 4 games.
    The bullpen also looks a lot like the last few years where only 2-3 pitchers are reliable, but you cannot go all Pedro Borbon and Clay Carroll on them and use them every other day.

Walt not only does a good job of getting rid of players who are ready to go on the downslide, he seems to acquire them as well and pay them too much money.
    Yeah but also it's April 11th.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

Damn, nobody told Matheny you're not allowed to use your closer for more than 1 inning.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Cloninger View Post

They aren't going to hit this badly all year. If they all just have an average season, this team will score a lot of runs.

2 quick outs. Sad that Cueto has pitched as well as he has in 2 starts and has an 0-1 record to show for it.
    99% of all numbers only tell 33% of the story so when looking at the numbers remember that numbers is plural...

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    Yeah but also it's April 11th.
    Is it April already?

I am looking forward to watching Iglesias pitch tomorrow.

I also, based on the previous 2-3 seasons, do not want the roster to be an immovable object hindered by 40 man roster restrictions as an excuse not to keep improving it as the year goes on.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    He started off slow with Boston last year before getting into his groove.

Not sure why he's getting so much hate here after one bad appearance, most of it seems to be centered around his spring training which could matter less to me.
    To be clear, I'm not hating on him.

Good to know that he started slow with Boston as well as I consider him a vital part of this bullpen being succesful.

We're bad again. Blow it up Walt!

Win the series tomorrow!

The dream is over.

Reds should petition MLB to skip spots 4-9 in their order.

Now I can change channels - the Cards broadcast team is hell to listen to
    99% of all numbers only tell 33% of the story so when looking at the numbers remember that numbers is plural...

Quote Originally Posted by RedsLvr View Post
    They aren't going to hit this badly all year. If they all just have an average season, this team will score a lot of runs.
    Hopefully

Good thing I decided against that 162-0 tattoo.

17. Likes:

Beltway (04-11-2015),cumberlandreds (04-11-2015),KittyDuran (04-11-2015),Larkin Fan (04-11-2015),Red Raindog (04-11-2015),Tom Servo (04-11-2015),Tony Cloninger (04-11-2015),westofyou (04-11-2015)

Turn Off Ads?