Turn Off Ads?
Page 55 of 55 FirstFirst ... 5455152535455

Thread: 4/13/15 - Reds vs Baby Bears - Lester edition

Re: 4/13/15 - Reds vs Baby Bears - Lester edition

Sure they were. I think a majority of people were predicting 85 wins or less this season, and although it was cool that they pulled off some exiting wins right out of the gate, even in those games the same problems arose- lots of strikeouts, lots of LOB, bullpen mismanagement, bad at bats. I'll enjoy the ride either way, but the Reds have their work cut out for them. Should be exciting though to see what the Votto-Frazier duo can do over 150 games though.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by WVRedsFan View Post
    Every team has people in their bullpen that are just not that great. It's the nature of a bullpen (though this one is horrid). The secret is who to pitch in various situations. It's pretty obvious that Price doesn't have a clue on that. Jumbo two days in a row? Give me a break. Gregg in the situation he has pitched. Price doesn't have a clue or else his pitching coach doesn't. Or else there is no talent, which may be true. I give up.
    I think Diaz can pitch 2 days in a row. He is a bullpen arm. He has to. He wanted to give him another shot and his location was bad. Now he has to try Hoover again, then maybe he will try Cingrani.

I can blame Gregg on Price but I blame Walt for being unable to do better.

Flash the leather! _Sir_Charles_'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ironman92 View Post
    Could this BE more predictable?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ironman92 View Post
    Doesn't matter....it's completely moo
    Somebody watching a Friends marathon?

5. Likes:

Ironman92 (04-14-2015)

Quote Originally Posted by Cedric View Post
    Gregg, Marquis, Boesch, and Dominguez are 4 of the worst in baseball.

Only slight hyperbole maybe.
    I think Boesch could be a halfway decent bench guy. He hasn't hit yet, but I'll give him a bit more than a week to pull the plug. Dominguez is gone. I'll give you Gregg & Marquis. LOL.

I get it that people are pissed about the loss, but maybe stepping back a bit and looking at everything might help some of you. Votto, Hamilton, Frazier, Cozart, Bruce and now Phillips are all looking quite good at the plate. More like their norms. The defense is STILL outstanding. The starting pitching, that many predicted would be woeful, has been pretty darned good thus far. And even with the bullpen meltdowns, we're still 4-3. Patience. Hopefully they'll figure out the bullpen and we'll get Homer, Billy and Devin back shortly. I'm still pissed about the loss, but I'm still VERY optimistic about the season.

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    As I said in the Cubs thread during the offseason - welcome to 2015 and beyond.
    I find it comical that you're thumping your chest about how right you were after a mere 7 games.

9. Likes:

757690 (04-14-2015)

Quote Originally Posted by Larkin Fan View Post
    I find it comical that you're thumping your chest about how right you were after a mere 7 games.
    But those were 7 pivotal and definitive games....setting the tone for the next 155.

Quote Originally Posted by BernieCarbo View Post
    Sure they were. I think a majority of people were predicting 85 wins or less this season, and although it was cool that they pulled off some exiting wins right out of the gate, even in those games the same problems arose- lots of strikeouts, lots of LOB, bullpen mismanagement, bad at bats. I'll enjoy the ride either way, but the Reds have their work cut out for them. Should be exciting though to see what the Votto-Frazier duo can do over 150 games though.
    Kinda making my point, so we kinda agree.

After the first 4 games, no one should have been printing playoff tickets, even though there was plenty to be optimistic about. After the last three games no one should be predicting the Reds are the new Cubs, even though there's plenty to be worried about.

And the best news is that so far, everyone is the NL Central is showing a lot of warts. I'm not sure any Central team wins 90 games this season.
    Hoping to change my username to 75769024

Turn Off Ads?