Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Jeopardy Test at Eight

Jeopardy Test at Eight

Anybody else taking it?

This is the first time I've been eligible since I passed and went to auditions two years ago. I'm hearing contradictory claims on how random the invitations are, but Trebek is one who has said the top percentage of test scores gets to audition, then the rest of the slots are filled up randomly, so I'm not sure.

At any rate, I've learned a lot about how this all goes since the last test, and I'm anxious to get the test done. This is the last go-round before Alex Trebek retires.
    It is on the whole probable that we continually dream, but that consciousness makes such a noise that we do not hear it. Carl Jung.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Jeopardy Test at Eight

Break a leg, or whatever you're supposed to say for things like this. I tried to take the online test, but my connection dropped out halfway through, and I took that as the universe telling me I didn't have a chance. Rooting for you
    Hoping to change my username to 75769024

Didn't do as well as the last time. I missed 8 or 9. Rumor is that you can miss 15 and pass, but that seems like a lot.
    It is on the whole probable that we continually dream, but that consciousness makes such a noise that we do not hear it. Carl Jung.

Jeopardy has put the test up on their Facebook page. I missed nine, four of which I absolutely knew and couldn't come up with. That should be enough to get in the pool, assuming such a thing exists. The '35 is passing' idea seems to be everywhere, and I got 41.

Oh, I did get 'Cincinnati' right. And if they take close answers, one I'm counting as a miss (it changes the pronunciation) is that I'm fairly sure I typed 'Holzier' instead of 'Hozier'.
    Last edited by marcshoe; 04-14-2015 at 09:37 PM.

6. Likes:

757690 (04-14-2015)

If you get on, let's hope you get Baseball as a Final Jeopardy category.
    Hoping to change my username to 75769024

If passing is 35 I've gotten in the pool every single time in 10 years without an audition. I think Alex Trebek hates me.

In other news, very happy this threat was started, I had been looking for an update for the year, and had forgotten to keep checking. So glad they now allow you to take any of the three.

Future Fame of Holler WildcatFan's Avatar

I'm taking it tonight. Last year was my first time, and I found it much harder than I anticipated. I think I'll be better prepared this go around.
    "I never argue with people who say baseball is boring, because baseball is boring. And then, suddenly, it isn't. And that's what makes it great." - Joe Posnanski

Quote Originally Posted by Spazzrico View Post
    If passing is 35 I've gotten in the pool every single time in 10 years without an audition. I think Alex Trebek hates me.
    Yeah, I've done it a couple of times, missed 4 or 5 and always assumed you had to ace it.

Here's the post-test email I just received:

Keep in mind:

Only those who passed the test will qualify for an invitation to the auditions.
    Depending on the number of available appointments, a random selection process may be implemented.
    Audition invitations will be offered until all available appointments are filled and confirmed.
    If you're selected for an audition, you'll be notified up to six weeks in advance of your appointment. You'll receive all details at that time. Please keep in mind that your invitation to audition may come at any time within a year of taking the Adult Online Test. If you don't hear from us, don't be discouraged. Many of our most successful contestants took the test and auditioned multiple times before being called for the show.
    So this goes along with what Alex said in the interview--they take the top scores, then fill in randomly. I've been invited to auditions twice (couldn't make it the first time). I don't remember my score the first time, but last time I missed five, I think. I missed four on the in-person test, but flubbed the call-the-next-category-quickly part of the audition, which I've heard is important.

I'm not all that hopeful this time, but who knows? My misses were still in the single digits.

Best of luck!
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

Quote Originally Posted by marcshoe View Post
    This is the last go-round before Alex Trebek retires.
    Trebek is signed to do the show through the 2017-2018 season.

Is testing over or do they do it for awhile?

Quote Originally Posted by OesterPoster View Post
    Trebek is signed to do the show through the 2017-2018 season.
    I must have misread. I thought he was retiring after 16.

Good to hear.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    Is testing over or do they do it for awhile?
    3 nights, this is the last.

Never done it before, but I just took the practice test and I think I'm going to fail miserably. Find out in one hour and 25 minutes.
    Last edited by Kingspoint; 04-16-2015 at 09:34 PM.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

Got 38 out of 50. One of the answers was the name of the college I almost went to, William & Mary.
    "I can make all the stadiums rock."
    -Air Supply

Turn Off Ads?