Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Jeopardy Test at Eight

Re: Jeopardy Test at Eight

Ended up being the best I've ever done. I think I missed 7. And two were stupid misses....Placid and Bass I got a few seconds AFTER time expired. After 10 years of this online quiz, I really hope this is audition time.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Spazzrico View Post
    Ended up being the best I've ever done. I think I missed 7. And two were stupid misses....Placid and Bass I got a few seconds AFTER time expired. After 10 years of this online quiz, I really hope this is audition time.
    I thought it was "lute", not "bass". But, it's lutefisk, which is the actual word, so I guess it was "bass". "lutefisk fisk" or "lutefisk fish" seems redundant to me.

You did better than I did. I think I need to get some ADHD medicine.
    Last edited by Kingspoint; 04-17-2015 at 12:14 AM.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

Of course, none of us know our "actual score" because Jeopardy won't give it to you (for those who are reading this and do not go online to look up the test procedures).
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

Well we know our score out of 50. The questions are now posted on the Jeopardy facebook page minutes after it is over. I looked up the answers to the questions I was unsure about. Very mad I also choked and said Man Booker prize instead of Pulitzer....overthinking. Could have had a 46/50.

I completely blanked on the Sputnik answer until time was almost up, and was only able to type "sp". Gah.
    "I can make all the stadiums rock."
    -Air Supply

Quote Originally Posted by RichRed View Post
    I completely blanked on the Sputnik answer until time was almost up, and was only able to type "sp". Gah.
    I got "spu".

Got an invite to the July 24 auditions in Tampa! Woot!
    It is on the whole probable that we continually dream, but that consciousness makes such a noise that we do not hear it. Carl Jung.

9. Likes:

757690 (06-15-2015),cumberlandreds (06-15-2015),Dom Heffner (07-24-2015),fearofpopvol1 (06-16-2015),Kingspoint (06-18-2015),Razor Shines (06-13-2015),RichRed (06-13-2015),WildcatFan (06-24-2015)

Auditions went well. I was much more relaxed than before; this one seemed more casual. I know I missed four on the test and would guess I missed two or three others (I've checked four I wasn't sure about, got two right and two wrong. There were six or seven wanted to check, but I can't remember the others right now.) In the mock game, I buzzed in, then realized the question was completely different than what I was saying, so I said, "I'm going to be completely wrong, but what is the East India Company." They thought this was funny, and I got the others I answered right. I feel good about this. I know it's still a longshot, though.

Oh, and they liked my tie.
    It is on the whole probable that we continually dream, but that consciousness makes such a noise that we do not hear it. Carl Jung.

11. Likes:

Dom Heffner (07-24-2015),Kingspoint (07-24-2015),Larry Schuler (07-24-2015),Razor Shines (07-24-2015),RichRed (07-24-2015),Tom Servo (07-24-2015)

Potential Lunch Winner Dom Heffner's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by marcshoe View Post
    Auditions went well. I was much more relaxed than before; this one seemed more casual. I know I missed four on the test and would guess I missed two or three others (I've checked four I wasn't sure about, got two right and two wrong. There were six or seven wanted to check, but I can't remember the others right now.) In the mock game, I buzzed in, then realized the question was completely different than what I was saying, so I said, "I'm going to be completely wrong, but what is the East India Company." They thought this was funny, and I got the others I answered right. I feel good about this. I know it's still a longshot, though.

Oh, and they liked my tie.
    Welcome to Tampa!

So, does it ever rain here?

fwiw I thought of the other three I wasn't sure about, and I only missed one of those. I'm fairly sure I did better on this one than the online test.

Potential Lunch Winner Dom Heffner's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by marcshoe View Post
    So, does it ever rain here?

fwiw I thought of the other three I wasn't sure about, and I only missed one of those. I'm fairly sure I did better on this one than the online test.
    Are you joking on the rain?

It hardly rained this Spring and man are we paying for that now. It has rained everyday for two or three weeks at my house.

Yeah. We've had a ton of rain at home this summer, but the way it's been coming down here is ridiculous. It's okay, though. I want to sleep, and the rain helps.

Quote Originally Posted by Dom Heffner View Post
    Are you joking on the rain?

It hardly rained this Spring and man are we paying for that now. It has rained everyday for two or three weeks at my house.
    The gators and water snakes will like that.

There was a guy at the auditions who is from Louisville, but is a Cub fan and a Duke fan (he grew up as a UK fan and said Christian Laetner's shot destroyed him.) He also said that if he wins money on Jeopardy he wants to blow it all on a single dinner, no matter how much it is.

I think he was just trying to be provocative.

I wear Elly colored glass WrongVerb's Avatar

Glad it went good for you. I hope something big comes of it. If nothing else, it's got to be a pretty cool experience, I'm sure.
    Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark. In our obscurity, in all this vastness, there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves. -- Carl Sagan (Pale Blue Dot)

Turn Off Ads?