Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wednesday, April 22nd, 2015:Minor-League Updates.

Wednesday, April 22nd, 2015:Minor-League Updates.

Louisville (5-6) - 10:30AM EDT - is playing some mid-morning baseball today. Jon Moscot will be making just his second start of the season. Eight days ago he held Columbus scoreless over 5.2 innings on just three hits. He struck out 6.

Pensacola (3-7) - 12:00AM EDT - with some matinee baseball as well. Daniel Wright will take the ball for the Blue Fish. Wright was hammered in his first start in 2015, but got back on his good foot the second time around. He went 5 shutout innings, allowing two hits and a walk while fanning six. His four walks in his initial start were an aberration as he came into the season with a BB/9 of 1.25.

Daytona (8-4) - 7:05PM EDT - better call Sal. Sal Romano that is. The 21-year-old righthander also had a rough 2015 debut, surrendering 7 runs. He came out after just 1.2 innings of work in his second start after being hit by a batted ball (I think). He had three Ks in that abbreviated second start.

Dayton (6-6) - 6:00PM EDT - is going to play two tonight, making up for last night's postponement. Jake Paulson will make the start in game one. After starting in his first appearance of the season, he has come out of the bullpen in his last two appearances. The start was iffy, but he been unscored upon in 3.1 innings of relief. Wyatt Strahan will make a go of it in the nightcap. He will be looking to make his third straight plus start. His ERA on the young season is 1.54.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Wednesday, April 22nd, 2015:Minor-League Updates.

Think you meant 12PM unless Pensacola's game started 9 hours ago
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    Think you meant 12PM unless Pensacola's game started 9 hours ago
    I have always had trouble with noon and midnight. ALWAYS.

5. Likes:

JayBruceFan (04-22-2015)

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by texasdave View Post
    I have always had trouble with noon and midnight. ALWAYS.
    Don't feel bad. Milb.com listed a game the other day as a 12:00am start. They apparently have trouble with it as well.

It's not even 11:30 yet, and Steve Selsky already has 2 hits, including a double. DeJesus has a triple. Moscot has fanned 3. Louisville leads 2-1 in the third.

8. Likes:

Tom Servo (04-22-2015)

Not quite noon, and every Bat has at least one hit. Selsky has three. It's 4-1 in the fifth.

10. Likes:

texasdave (04-22-2015)

I see the run charged to Moscot is earned. I simply do not agree with that. I feel a wild pitch is the same as an error or a passed ball. :::steps off of soap box:::

Quote Originally Posted by mace View Post
    Not quite noon, and every Bat has at least one hit. Selsky has three. It's 4-1 in the fifth.

Steve Selsky has languished in the mid-50's in both of the last two Redszone prospect's rankings, and yet he will probably see some time in The Show. His career minor league stat line is .379/.463/.842. Seems like some team ::cough - Cincinnati - cough:: could use a bat like that on the bench.

13. Likes:

BillDoran (04-22-2015),RED VAN HOT (04-22-2015)

In the Pensacola contest, three batters singled in the first and all three were erased on the bases - one on a double play, one picked off and one caught stealing. Jesse Winker singled and was picked off. Beau Amaral singled and was retired on the front end of a double play.

Through 5.2 IP, Moscot has 6 strikeouts. That's exactly what he had in his last start, and it's encouraging. I've always thought of him as a guy with more polish than stuff. Good to see he can make people miss.

16. Likes:

Tom Servo (04-22-2015)

Quote Originally Posted by mace View Post
    Through 5.2 IP, Moscot has 6 strikeouts. That's exactly what he had in his last start, and it's encouraging. I've always thought of him as a guy with more polish than stuff. Good to see he can make people miss.
    Starting to get hyped about him, I think he can be a perfectly viable #4-5 starter.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

I was suppose to be at that Bats game today. Too bad I had a test and a paper due today, or I would of hookied and stalked Michael Lorenzen.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    Starting to get hyped about him, I think he can be a perfectly viable #4-5 starter.
    Couldn't be any worse than Marquis at the moment.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

Suarez belted his second HR of the year for Louisville to boost their lead to 6-2.

Didn't go to the bats game but I did get a good autograph. Thankfully my girlfriend works as a vendor at the game, wish she knew more about the Bats roster.
    Anyone have an idea on the 2nd autograph? Is that LeCure?

Name:  20150422_135554_resized (1).jpg
Views: 252
Size:  301.0 KB

Turn Off Ads?