Turn Off Ads?
Page 35 of 35 FirstFirst ... 253132333435

Thread: 4/24/15 Reds vs. Cubs - It's 1990 Reunion Night

Re: 4/24/15 Reds vs. Cubs - It's 1990 Reunion Night

Quote Originally Posted by VR View Post
    0-14 rispy? Wowzers
    I think 0 for 8 of it was the cleanup and 5 hole hitter. Since they stink, the guys getting on ahead of them are just base clogging. I'm not sure if that number was plate appearances or ABs, but all three runs were scored on outs, "that's what you call manufacturing a run" as Brantley put it. At some point, you would think the "manufacturing runs" crowd would realize that mass production is always beneficial when you are wanting quantity over quality, and while the fine art of doing something slowly and one at a time can be a beautiful thing like scoring a run with a fast guy, a stolen base and two outs to get him in, when its quantity you want, give me mass production methods, like guys on base, then extra base hits from good power hitters in the middle of the order to mass produce runs. Because the manufacturing runs with a minimum of baserunners and hits is losing baseball, which is what the Reds are in season two of doing with this constipated offense.
    "Rounding 3rd and heading for home, good night everybody"

2. Turn Off Ads?

One humorous note from last night from Thom, which is as commonplace as a highlight play in the field by Phillips (and a double play by the same) is that when Badenhop gives up the go ahead run, he is railing on the failing pen and the number of games the bullpen has given up a run in (no context for 12 out of 18 games, just that is the number). Then as it was clearly another Badenhop Beatdown, he starts lamenting the missed opportunities of the Reds offense as why they were in this fine mess to lose to the Scrubbies in extras.

For my money, giving up an opposite field homer to Coughlin on an 0-2 belt high fastball is where the game was lost, but what do I know. Or maybe it was Phillips and Bruce making out after out in the middle of the order. Or Cingrani sitting in the bullpen with his jacket on and being told he's not injured and is available to pitch.
    "Rounding 3rd and heading for home, good night everybody"

4. Likes:

Tom Servo (04-25-2015)

Quote Originally Posted by Tracy Jones View Post
    Update: There are 145 games left this season.

Repeat: There are 145 games left this season.
    Yes Tracy, we know. Unfortunately that means 145 more games of hearing your "analysis".

I quit listening to your "schtick" on Eddie & Tracy a long time ago. Old and tired. Get some new material dude. (Glad I got that off my back as I really didn't want to waste the time "on hold", on 700, just to have to listen to your stale routine.)

I don't want to grow up Red Raindog's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    Probably his good career numbers.

http://www.baseball-reference.com/pl...adenbu01.shtml

He's been horrendous, but I don't get the claims of "why did they sign him!?" Because the answer is clearly that he WAS good, no idea what's up with him right now.
    I don't get it either -- but I don't get him being used in high leverage palces as much as he has been when there is *cough* another pitcher rusting away
    The older I get - the better I was

and yes - I hate the Cardinals (Reds fan since 1958)

I miss Raisor

Turn Off Ads?