Turn Off Ads?
Page 28 of 28 FirstFirst ... 182425262728

Thread: 4/29.15 Brewers @ Reds

Re: 4/29.15 Brewers @ Reds

Back in February, my older brother took his fiance and two kids on a five hour road trip to Indianapolis to see the Cavs play the Pacers. Huge Lebron fans. With tickets, gas, hotel, etc - easily spent $1.5k, maybe more.

Cavs gave Lebron the day off (and Irving).

Could be worse Chuckie.
    Quote Originally Posted by fipp View Post
    How old are you? Do you want to be humiliated?

2. Turn Off Ads?

Back in 1976 My dad and myself went to see the Reds play. Made the five hour trip from southeastern Kentucky for our annual trek to see the Reds. Lo and behold Sparky decided to sit out Joe Morgan and George Foster. Then Phil Niekro came within two outs of pitching a no hitter. Darn that Sparky! Of course it was the next to last day of the season. The Reds had clinched everything and were looking to the playoffs. Turned out to be the last loss of the season,regular or post. But, still, I wuz robbed!!! I want my $5 back for the ticket.

Thems the breaks. Baseball is a 162 game season and most players need days off here and there.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

Quote Originally Posted by Chuckie View Post
    I'm not done with the Reds. I was pissed.

I'll be a Reds fan until I die.

I'm sure Lorenzen was given a boost of confidence when he saw Negron was playing 1B and not Votto.

Sidebar: How amazing is it that Walt still hasn't found a legit backup 1B for this team? This is 3 years straight. Complete incompetence.
    What is a "legit" backup 1B? I would be more interested in them having a good bench bat that could maybe play a serviceable 1b if needed, but I wouldn't target anyone specifically as my "backup 1B" when I expect Votto to play there but for an occasional off day. As a test to reason, I reviewed the Pujols years in St. Louis as I did not recall a "legit" backup for the Cards. I was correct. The reason is that you do not waste a bench spot for an everyday player's backup, except catcher, maybe shortstop.

I was wondering why they didn't move Frazier over to 1b for the day and let Negron play 3b, but that was probably a distinction without a difference.

For a bench player, I'd think bat first, versatility second, speed third, defensive prowess fourth, and strongest position last, unless I had a necessary platoon situation.
    Last edited by traderumor; 04-30-2015 at 04:33 PM.
    "Rounding 3rd and heading for home, good night everybody"

Turn Off Ads?